having tough time

I'm just having a very difficult time the past few days.  Anxiety is horrible!  I've been doing titration and dropping 1ml per night.  I'm about 17 days of being off, but I'm very nervous that the anxiety is me and not the effects of the drugs.  I was put on xanax(then switched to Klonopin) because I had a couple nights of insomnia and I also had anxiety.  The insomnia pretty much has past, but I wake up full of uneasy, thoughts.  The past couple days have been bad though.

Has this happened to anyone else the lower you get?  Did the anxiety ease up?

I've only been on this since August and nothing more than really .5 mg. per day.

I started taking Amoxicillan this week because of a UTI infection.  This shouldn't make symptoms worse though, right?

I do have stress in my life right now and am trying to find ways to cope.

Thanks,

-misa

Hi misa,

This is what withdrawing from this drug does to us.  Coming off of it does the exact opposite to us that we were put on it for.  If we were anxious, it makes us more so.  If we couldn't sleep, we now have insomnia.  If we were put on it for restless legs, now our legs won't stop.  It puts everything into a hyper state of being, our nervous system is in overdrive.

These are the things that you have to endure to get off of this drug.  There's no easy way out of this, we have to hurt to heal.  Try not to be afraid, everything you're feeling is the result of withdrawing from the drug.  This is not who you are, or who you will be when you're healed, this is temporary.

I doubt the antibiotic is causing you to feel this way, this is benzo withdrawal.  Try to read as much as you can about this process, read the FAQ page on the forum, read the Ashton Manual, knowledge drives fear away.

You can do this, I have confidence in you, even if you don't right now. 

Pam

Thank You once again Pam!!

Yes, I was anxious before going on this, but never this severe or constant.  I'll try to keep the faith!!

Thank you helping us all along the way!!

- misa

Keep your head up high!

I am in the same boat and finding it all hard to believe myself. I have anxiety but never this severe. :yippee:

It may be just benzo withdrawal as Ive certainly had acute anxiety the whole way through and Ive been off some time now - comes and goes now, but like a light switch - its on and then it goes again, but at the start always there.

However it may be the antibiotic amoxil in my experience.  I was put on this and on day 3 hot with a huge wave of adrenaline/anxiety stuff.  Went back to doc who took me off and it all settle down again after a bit.  Funny thing was that the 3 days was enough to cure the infection so must have given my immune system a big boost also.  Id look at the antibiotic as a possibility.  Good luck

Spring