Feels like neck lymph nodes are swollen

[Ne...]

Help Buddies!

Pain in my neck front and back. I don't feel any lumps but my neck really hurts.

I'm scared to death of something like lymphoma. I've been exhausted but it's been

that way through the whole taper. I jumped in September. Just so worried about this

Neck pain.

Anyone else have this? Please respond...I'm in full blown anxiety!

New Girl

Hi New girl,  so sorry you are feeling all those sxs. Is your neck stiff and achy?  Right now, I have similar symptoms:  stiff right head/neck pain, swollen lymph glands, full body aches  and no energy.  Gotten worse last week or so.  Feels like the flu but, I think it's Benzo flu sxs.  These seem to be common sxs tapering off and recovering from benzos.....ugh!  Hang in there. 

Thx Burned! Neck hurts when I turn it side to side. It seems to come and go. A few days ago I just felt pain right around where you would take your pulse. Today the muscle right behind my neck hurts.

No fever or sore throat, but always a little achey. Thanks for responding. I'm just so anxious and tired of feeling symptoms.

NG

Lynne,

Have you had pain where it hurts to turn side to side? I'm not sure if it's the lymph nodes or the muscle? It's starting to go around my neck in the back. The anxiety is revving it up :-[

NG

Oh yes New Girl!  Don't worry about this neck stuff.  Honestly, I've had it since day one.  It helps to just stretch it, twist and turn, up and down.  Just last week I dug around for my heating pad - it helped a little.  The best thing for me is a very hot shower beating down on the back of my neck.  If it isn't the extreme painful stiff neck it's the feeling of hands around my neck strangling me!  Take some motrin - I always forget this simple thing.

I have swollen nodes too.  I went to an ENT and had a CT and an ultrasound.  Everything is fine.  They found a bunch of nodes on my thyroid (what the Hell else do I need??).  But this is not unusual and fine in my case.  The ENT said that no follow-up is required.  I probably (def!) exacerbated the node problem by feeling it 1000X a day!

If it will help the anxiety - have your neck looked at.  But honestly this has been an issue from the start.  It comes and goes but usually hits me with every cut and always comes back with any stress.  I'd say anyone should have things checked out just to make sure but 99% of this ridiculous nonsense is benzo related.

Amazingly - this has gone away.  Knocking (pounding!) on wood!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[3f...]
Hi, New Girl and Hello Lynn33. There is a small wooden self massage tool (Eastern Medicine; called the guasha (I hope I spelled that right...) which is perfect for neck, etc. to sooth/work on lymph system. Comes in all different shapes. Great for arms too, whole body self massage. It's really nice for self body work, and with a little scented light weight body oil. Lavender oil is real good for calming. Karuna