The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@

[Ja...]

Just want to throw this out there, my wd symptoms were delayed about 6 months after CT but i was treating for Lyme which I think is gone after 18 months pic line.  I have read on here a bunch of times of people CT and quitting benzos and they symptoms are delayed a extended period of time something 5-6 months or more. Also drinking  hits your gaba like the benzos due(I think or so people say) so maybe the big night of drinking was the spark that ignited the fire?

Hey mcaveman! I'm very glad I have someone of the same response to me. I too had a delay of about 5 months (I did have symptoms here and there which I put down to stress but they disappeared), then a heavy night of drinking changed my life forever. Suffering near 14 months now. To be fair, I'm now able to work and I'm highly functioning - can attend the gym, and have interest and emotions in things now. But I'm still dealing with the pulsating/rocking sensation and intolerance to alcohol and caffeine.

I was never on a benzo, I was on an anti-depressant, so I wonder if it also works on GABA? Thats what makes me question so much. When I say to people - I've found what is wrong with me and show them the reports on this website, they say "You were on an entirely different class of drug, how could they even relate to an SSRI?". What reinforces their views moreso is the lack of activity on the antidepressant page and lack of MY symptoms. Yet Benzobuddies is rife with my symptoms it seems. I'm just listening to people's opinions that the two classes of drugs are identical in how they can affect us through withdrawal, I hope that is correct - otherwise I could be dealing with something else. That being sad, everything falls into place with AD withdrawal being the answer - everything else seems more less likely...

How did you know you had Lyme - do you not feel it strange the symptoms are identical as withdrawal, yet you CT a drug?

I was getting severe flu like bouts every month bedridden for a week at a time, ssri I don't know much about but it does change brain chemistry right? I know people can wd from ssri also.

You said your sensitive to stuff, that sounds like wd to me.

I was getting severe flu like bouts every month bedridden for a week at a time, ssri I don't know much about but it does change brain chemistry right? I know people can wd from ssri also.

You said your sensitive to stuff, that sounds like wd to me.

Yeah sensitive basically over night. Apologies about my anxiety about it all - Lyme people just have he questioning everything, even they told me they were all sensitive to stuff to. Even exercise they say they can't tolerate! That made me panic.

• 6 months later...

Hello, I'm back on these boards, (unfortunately) and was tested positive thru IGenX for Lyme. No Babaesia. Going to see a LLMD next week and am anxious about it. I just got off Klonopin and Neurontin and I'm suffering from flu-like s/xs along with terrible burning pains inside me. Like I'm on fire! It sucks and makes me panic.

They did not test me for Bart.

Was on the FB Lyme groups and then are all terrifingy me! So scared that I'm going to mess up my body and mind even more and loose tens of thousands of dollars for treatments. Jeez, what do I do now?

Have been taking Klonopin off and on "as needed" for about a year now. About every 5-10 days I take 0.5 for panic and anxiety. I just want off with no pain and I'm scared that I really have Lyme.

Got 2 western blots reg labs and they were negative.

"sigh"

• 3 weeks later...

I received a positive lyme through western blot with my general practitioner right after I finished my taper. She sent me to the best infectious disease dr in Houston and this doc tested me for Epstein Barr, which came back positive.  She said that it stemmed from having mono in my teens.  She told me that many times having EBV will trigger a positive lyme dx.  She just told me to take a liquid glutithione and some b12 and hope for the best.

So, I decided to do some research on my own and I came across an anti viral protocol by someone named Anthony William.  He wrote a book about mystery illness and devotes a chapter to lyme disease. he writes that it is actually viral and not a bacteria, so it will respond to anti virals as well.  *Well, here was the most fascinating point... He said that benzodiazepines are like fuel to the fire with EBV & lyme.*  So, what if I already had the EBV lying dormant in my body and taking the benzos weakened my immune system, not to mention the stress, and caused the virus to flare up?  This is scary to me, but also gives me hope.

I have a friend I found on a lyme FB group that told me he has been on the anti viral protocol for a year now and is Finally getting better. That gave me more hope, as he had been on Klonopin as well as diagnosed with lyme.

I hope this will give some of you hope too and you won't think that I am  :idiot:

• 3 years later...

I received a positive lyme through western blot with my general practitioner right after I finished my taper. She sent me to the best infectious disease dr in Houston and this doc tested me for Epstein Barr, which came back positive.  She said that it stemmed from having mono in my teens.  She told me that many times having EBV will trigger a positive lyme dx.  She just told me to take a liquid glutithione and some b12 and hope for the best.

So, I decided to do some research on my own and I came across an anti viral protocol by someone named Anthony William.  He wrote a book about mystery illness and devotes a chapter to lyme disease. he writes that it is actually viral and not a bacteria, so it will respond to anti virals as well.  *Well, here was the most fascinating point... He said that benzodiazepines are like fuel to the fire with EBV & lyme.*  So, what if I already had the EBV lying dormant in my body and taking the benzos weakened my immune system, not to mention the stress, and caused the virus to flare up?  This is scary to me, but also gives me hope.

I have a friend I found on a lyme FB group that told me he has been on the anti viral protocol for a year now and is Finally getting better. That gave me more hope, as he had been on Klonopin as well as diagnosed with lyme.

I hope this will give some of you hope too and you won't think that I am  :idiot:

It's actually the other way around. Lyme causes a false positive Epstein Barr.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
[c0...]
Anyone? I'm really at a crossroads now on what to do, this is my life. I struggle everyday and just want answers. Not saying I expect things to change over night, healing doesn't happen like that I know. But this is unbelievable.