Author Topic: The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@  (Read 3700 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 02:43:42 pm »
just wanted to jump in here again real quick.

I was on a lyme support group on FB and of course being convinced that no matter what any tests say...I had Lyme!!!

a fellow believer in Christ, read my posts and reached out to me via PM

He was on benzos and tested positive CDC for Lyme...was having all the issues we have

spent (as [...] had said about someone else)  thousands of $$$$  and years treating Lyme   Had a port...ABX IV for years   the whole ball game   and just got worse

He told me he had to face the elephant in the room which was benzos

so he came off and is slowly healing and he is not addressing Lyme at all anymore

so he encouraged me to look at what I know  which is benzo tolerance/ withdrawal..and not listen to the Lyme advocates..He said there was no one more strongly opinioned and advocated for Lyme then he during those years

Now he has changed his tune completely.. we have talked on the phone a couple xs since then and we stay in touch on FB

he still is battling the funky head  its been almost 2 years off
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 05:47:11 pm »
just wanted to jump in here again real quick.

I was on a lyme support group on FB and of course being convinced that no matter what any tests say...I had Lyme!!!

a fellow believer in Christ, read my posts and reached out to me via PM

He was on benzos and tested positive CDC for Lyme...was having all the issues we have

spent (as [...] had said about someone else)  thousands of $$$$  and years treating Lyme   Had a port...ABX IV for years   the whole ball game   and just got worse

He told me he had to face the elephant in the room which was benzos

so he came off and is slowly healing and he is not addressing Lyme at all anymore

so he encouraged me to look at what I know  which is benzo tolerance/ withdrawal..and not listen to the Lyme advocates..He said there was no one more strongly opinioned and advocated for Lyme then he during those years

Now he has changed his tune completely.. we have talked on the phone a couple xs since then and we stay in touch on FB

he still is battling the funky head  its been almost 2 years off

Oh tell me about it [...]! I faced so aggression on the Lyme FB pages when I question their clearly flawed logic - the tests are inaccurate, so if its negative, then don't take it as a negative. If it's positive, then you definitely do have Lyme and trust the accuracy of the test ONLY in that case. Whereas, in reality, the accuracy of a test cannot change. Its like those on the day-time TV family conflict shows - like Jerry Springer - they accept the lie detector results when it feeds into their agenda and then when they hear something they don't agree with, they automatically disregard the rests. Yet the same accuracy and level of measurement to obtain the other results that you agree with are also the same - so do they need to be called into question? Obviously they always say no. It's nuts.

Lyme FB people said my highly questionable tone to everything they were telling me said me an enemy and would never get better. They people self-medicating with antibiotics is a safe thing to do.... consuming silver which is toxic to us, and also trying all sorts of other crazy methods to 'cleanse' the body. They believe in all sorts of quackery which automatically raised the alarms for me. They see LLD's as their god. "I went to the countries best LLD and they are so good". Yeah, so good at creating the illusion of a problem to a vulnerable subset of society for financial gain! They are blind to that fact. LLD's have been prosecuted in court for murder and have lost licence's etc. These are not 'Doctors' these are people are con-artists trying to make a quick buck and they are succeeding. You'll only ever find them quoted in articles and in blogs from their own custom made websites.

From the attitude and behavior of Lyme people, they sincerely don't believe there is a mind-body connection. In that if you're not mentally well, you cannot present with physical symptoms. If you have physical ailments then to them there is a problem physically - it has to be Lyme. No other answer will do. Its a phenomenon that is common in us humans. We try to seek an answer for everything and can't deal with the unknown.

This would be the third person who I've heard has traveled along the expensive Lyme journey and have given up at the other side and got better.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 12:16:10 am »
so well put...and very decisive ...

I deleted my the lyme groups  on FB   no longer will read any of the rhetoric..There are ppl who REALLY have Lyme and I am sorry for them

But for so many to say "LYME"  when its a known fact that its the "great imitator" is mind boggling

you brought up some strong points, things others should ponder

so Irish  see you on the boaty floaty thread   where I belong (wish it not true)

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 02:44:51 am »
Just want to throw this out there, my wd symptoms were delayed about 6 months after CT but i was treating for Lyme which I think is gone after 18 months pic line.  I have read on here a bunch of times of people CT and quitting benzos and they symptoms are delayed a extended period of time something 5-6 months or more. Also drinking  hits your gaba like the benzos due(I think or so people say) so maybe the big night of drinking was the spark that ignited the fire?

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 08:09:30 am »
Did u test positive thru igenex or cdc?

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 01:03:48 pm »
Igenex in the beginning.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 05:58:20 pm »
Did u test positive thru igenex or cdc?

For me neither. I live in Ireland and we test through a military science park.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
Just want to throw this out there, my wd symptoms were delayed about 6 months after CT but i was treating for Lyme which I think is gone after 18 months pic line.  I have read on here a bunch of times of people CT and quitting benzos and they symptoms are delayed a extended period of time something 5-6 months or more. Also drinking  hits your gaba like the benzos due(I think or so people say) so maybe the big night of drinking was the spark that ignited the fire?

Hey [...]! I'm very glad I have someone of the same response to me. I too had a delay of about 5 months (I did have symptoms here and there which I put down to stress but they disappeared), then a heavy night of drinking changed my life forever. Suffering near 14 months now. To be fair, I'm now able to work and I'm highly functioning - can attend the gym, and have interest and emotions in things now. But I'm still dealing with the pulsating/rocking sensation and intolerance to alcohol and caffeine.

I was never on a benzo, I was on an anti-depressant, so I wonder if it also works on GABA? Thats what makes me question so much. When I say to people - I've found what is wrong with me and show them the reports on this website, they say "You were on an entirely different class of drug, how could they even relate to an SSRI?". What reinforces their views moreso is the lack of activity on the antidepressant page and lack of MY symptoms. Yet Benzobuddies is rife with my symptoms it seems. I'm just listening to people's opinions that the two classes of drugs are identical in how they can affect us through withdrawal, I hope that is correct - otherwise I could be dealing with something else. That being sad, everything falls into place with AD withdrawal being the answer - everything else seems more less likely...

How did you know you had Lyme - do you not feel it strange the symptoms are identical as withdrawal, yet you CT a drug?

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 08:16:50 pm »
I was getting severe flu like bouts every month bedridden for a week at a time, ssri I don't know much about but it does change brain chemistry right? I know people can wd from ssri also.
You said your sensitive to stuff, that sounds like wd to me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 01:15:12 am »
I was getting severe flu like bouts every month bedridden for a week at a time, ssri I don't know much about but it does change brain chemistry right? I know people can wd from ssri also.
You said your sensitive to stuff, that sounds like wd to me.

Yeah sensitive basically over night. Apologies about my anxiety about it all - Lyme people just have he questioning everything, even they told me they were all sensitive to stuff to. Even exercise they say they can't tolerate! That made me panic.