Author Topic: The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@  (Read 3703 times)

[Buddie]

The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@
« on: November 01, 2016, 06:43:54 am »
Wondering how many ppl have actual diagnosed Lyme prior to benzo w/d or during
Hard because symptoms are so similar
Wondering why this process seems hard from such small usage
Would love to hear positive experiences
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The Lyme disease benzo mind&&@
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 02:24:07 pm »
Hi well you know my story...I was just introduced to possible Lyme in June 2015...and had neg tests  but was told by LLND and numerous PPL on support thread on FB that its more of a clinical dx.

problem is all most all our symptoms are/can be just benzo related

I too had SIBO  was 1st dx with H-pylori in 2013 through endoscopy   treated with prepac for 14 days and then tested pos for SIBO treated with Biaxin.

gut has never been well since

so who knows????

have you treated the Lyme at all?   I am taking supplements to boost immune system and strengthen adrenals...3 weeks and absolutely NO CHANGE

1 mg V????? I am so jealous....I have gotten from 12.5 to 4.5 in a year...does that count?

I am soooooo afraid to try LT...so sensitive to any change...have to ALWAYS have TEVA brand .

can you tell me about your experience with going LT?

So do we continue getting off the benzo or treat Lyme when its (for me so inconclusive)

what bands were you pos for on Igenex?

31 & 41 & 58 were mine so negative for CDC and Igenex
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:18:19 pm »
Can I Chime in on this old thread?

I took was searching for a diagnosis and people online tend to think that my rocking/swaying/undulating was from Lyme - so I went and got tested. Half of it came back positive, half came back negative/inconclusive.

I've never been bitten, never had flu symptoms. All my symptoms started 5 months after cold turkey of an SSRI - What is causing my symptoms, Lyme or AD withdrawal?

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:40 pm »
ahhh the $10000000000 question

the fact that you started having this after c/t SSRI speaks volumes

So let me update here..I took Doxycycline for 3 weeks to see if the antibodies would show up more in test

retested with Igenex and I do NOT have Lyme...negative

so My crazy woozy/off balanced/ dizzy constant swaying head is either ALL from benzo (which I highly doubt)  or a mixture of w/d that has exacerbated a pre existing condition

I am seeing a neuro-otologist in a couple weeks to have more testing on ears

My opinion is to have further testing
For me Lyme is no longer on the table  THANK GOD!!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:37:07 pm »
Lyme got me into my drug mess: Gabapentin was the only drug that touched my severe neuropathic Lyme pain 7 years ago. Without it I would have killed myself because I could not stand the pain, or sleep. Now that I am off Gabapentin - and that is a horror - I am using Valium to deal with the withdrawal, and "Lyme mind" - the anxiety, the fear that life is over, the dread that bedridden months are ahead - is indistinguishable from withdrawal. It's not easy

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:11 pm »
Cally, I have a friend who has Lyme and she is at deaths door...I understand how horrible and how under dx this disease is...so sorry for your pain

That's why I was so glad to find that I do NOT have it...benzo w/d is hard enough without having that also

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 09:03:48 pm »

So let me update here..I took Doxycycline for 3 weeks to see if the antibodies would show up more in test

so My crazy woozy/off balanced/ dizzy constant swaying head is either ALL from benzo (which I highly doubt)  or a mixture of w/d that has exacerbated a pre existing condition

Did you not have a reaction to antibiotics? I thought people in withdrawal couldn't tolerate antibiotics? I was trialled on two different ones and both I felt really weird, like my head was really heavy and felt like I couldn't breath/dying.

Did your first test show anything, considering you said you RETESTED? I'm on a waiting list for an infectious diseases doctor to see if they'd retest me/actually cut out the myths from the facts.

Would you say you have the swaying/rockin/undulating boat sensation? I have it in my head and torso mainly. Usually only feel it when standing or sitting still.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:44:20 pm »

Did you not have a reaction to antibiotics? I thought people in withdrawal couldn't tolerate antibiotics? I was trialled on two different ones and both I felt really weird, like my head was really heavy and felt like I couldn't breath/dying.

Did your first test show anything, considering you said you RETESTED? I'm on a waiting list for an infectious diseases doctor to see if they'd retest me/actually cut out the myths from the facts.

Would you say you have the swaying/rockin/undulating boat sensation? I have it in my head and torso mainly. Usually only feel it when standing or sitting still.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »
My sensation is constant to one extent or another I am always swaying/rocking while sitting still..but I also am VERY woozy/ off balanced/ dizzy and head is spaced out like I am drunk but without the fun.

I had no reaction to antibiotic..quinolones are the ones you stay away from while on benzos
My ELISA tests (2) were both negative
Western Blot (2) were both negative

Infectious Disease Dr will laugh you out of his room unless you have positive lab for Lyme

IGENEX is a lab (google it) and you can have them test you if you are in the states

as far as the way you described your head feeling on ABX...my head feels like that 24/7

was told after MRI & 48hr EEG that I have Migraine associated vertigo by neurologist

still going to see neuro-otologist for further testing on inner ear

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:05:58 am »
I did not have a positive Lyme test - through Igenex - until 2 years into my treatment for Lyme: then I had an "inconclusive" reading - on every Lyme specific band. Diagnosis was symptomatic and one of exclusion. I had been bitten (but remember you can be easily bitten without ever seeing signs of it) and then over the course of a year had very weird symptoms - mostly neurological - but also headaches, stiff necks, and back pain. Went to one of the best LLMDs in the county and after several years of treatment with abx was much better. At the time I got sick was taking no benzos: increasing anxiety was one of my worst symptoms. So while a negative Igenex test is a good sign, it is not conclusive. I suffered terribly with Lyme, and many do not get better, but many do: there are herbal and holistic and homeopathic treatments that are very effective and might be so for people with both Lyme and benzo-related symptoms (both are so common thee have to be many people suffering both).