seeking to be benzo-free

[on...]

I have OCD and anxiety disorder and I have been on klonopin for about 10 years – eight years at 2 to 3 mg per day & two years at .5 five mg per day. There is Alzheimer's in my family, so I fear for my memory. I presently notice some small possible issues with it. I am seeking to get off the final .5 five mg per day. Cheers.

Hello oneil67 :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!. 

Well done to you on your decision to taper it sounds like you are doing okay.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days, its fine to taper slower than this, whatever your body feels comfortable with.

We have a great bunch of people here, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual, its an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by an expert in the field.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

The Klonopin Klub

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Muchas gracias. The insight and links are helpful. I'll be checking in as I figure out exactly how to cut the 10% off the pills every 10 days.