How many of you are still not healed after years?

[Bh...]

I'm concerned about benzos causing permanent damage. I know they aren't supposed to.

How many of you are not healed after 2 years of recovery? Please be honest. Thank you.

If you are feeling pretty brave you could go check out the protracted forum. I went there once and there were so many horror stories I had to run fast to close it. I'm at 11 months and I still have a ton of problems, I just don't want to believe I need two years to get well. I feel like ive been through the ringer already.

Me too Davis. That's why I'm worried.  This whole process is so horrible.  I can't imagine taking years to recover.  I just want the mental symptoms to go away.  I can deal with the physical ones.

I'll try the protracted board and see what they say.

Im 31 months off now. I'm 95% better. The only lingering symptom is emotional numbness.

I no longer have waves. No longer have stress intolerance. My body doesnt burn anymore. I sleep every night now. Things are getting better every week

Hey offeverything27,

Can you eat/Drink all food, like bread/wheat, dairy and coffee?

Have you or had you foodintolerances in your withdarawl History?

Thanks

I am almost 14 months, I am worried also about how long this will take and if it will ever end.

At times it is very hard to dig up more hope after such long suffering.

I just know that there is something down deep that keeps me going and pushes me through every day no matter how hard it gets.

Hey offeverything27,

Can you eat/Drink all food, like bread/wheat, dairy and coffee?

Have you or had you foodintolerances in your withdarawl History?

Thanks

I drink coffee every day. Food doesn't effect me at all. Life is good  :)

Thanks for all of your responses. Quite honestly, I am afraid to hear the truth behind these responses. I just can't believe so many people can jump off of benzos and have no problem whatsoever.  How is it that some of us are so unlucky?

I feel so weak and pathetic sometimes. I feel like my life is falling apart around me. My marriage is a mess.  My job gives me so much stress. My family thinks I'm whacked.  I'm just lost.

Thanks for all of your responses. Quite honestly, I am afraid to hear the truth behind these responses. I just can't believe so many people can jump off of benzos and have no problem whatsoever.  How is it that some of us are so unlucky?

I feel so weak and pathetic sometimes. I feel like my life is falling apart around me. My marriage is a mess.  My job gives me so much stress. My family thinks I'm whacked.  I'm just lost.

So sorry you're feeling this way.  I think most of us are in the same boat.  Have to keep believing that we DO heal from this.  Take it one day, hour, minute at a time and keep hope alive!

((Hugs))

I lost my fiance, job, most of my friends and important relationships the first two years after. Your not alone. I suffered tremendously and in some ways I still do, just much much less

16 months and most things have cleared up. I get minor anxiety and cogfog which is very managable and i dont have much energy but muscle pain is the one that is still intense.

My jump was horrendous too. I was totally incapacitated for 9 months. You will get better

Thanks so much for providing me with love and support.  I know a lot of us have lost so much. Sharing your stories with me gives me so much hope.  :smitten:

Thanks so much for providing me with love and support.  I know a lot of us have lost so much. Sharing your stories with me gives me so much hope.  :smitten:

You are so strong for being here and for staying on the path toward healing! It's definitely not "fair" that all of us here have ended up with tremendous damage to our lives from drugs we were given by doctors we trusted and so many of us were told they were "safe."

I have so many moments of weakness where I just want to cry, rage, or throw a tantrum about the suffering I'm in and the thoughts that it might never get better. BUT no matter what stage of healing we are in, we all can practice acceptance of our current situation.

Acceptance is a powerful tool. Instead of waiting for the day you feel the way you imagine you should, you instead give yourself over to what currently is. There's freedom and relief in living in the moment now.

I have to remind myself to gear my thoughts toward acceptance. Maybe we all need that reminder.