Tinnitus relief ideas???

[0d...]

Not sure if this is from the Ativan withdrawl or because of the gabapentin I also take (5 weeks now).

But I developed ringing n my ears a few days ago. It is deafening. I can't hear hardly anything but it. I can sleep and my anxiety is high. Any ideas if it is withdrawl? Will it go away? It's so loud!!! Thank you!

[bf...]

My tinnitus got a lot worse during withdrawal, before it was just a little nuisance (probably an anxiety symptom in my case), but once I had quit benzos, it became really annoying.

The main thing that has helped is acceptance. I try to accept it and then ignore it. I know it's hard, but it definitely works. Your brain learns to ignore it and then it can become quieter.

I suspect there might be a psychosomatic component to tinnitus and that's why acceptance can help with making it less severe.

Hi Pumpkin!

It has been one of my worse sxs and one of the very first to make an appearance ...some days are unbearable others are just tolerable. From what I've read it is usually the last to go...I think everyone's different, of course..in answer to your question...yes it is a sx of w/d and based on other's experiences yes it will go away. All good news.... :)

I am not sure I can take this! I went to my local ER last week, and they told me I could have an ear infection, but no symptoms.  It is so loud!!! It hurts!!! Please, I want it to stop!!