• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [1w...]

• [Ce...]

• [Wa...]

I've had emotional numbness now since my taper. I feel emotionally disconnected from myself and others. But it has shown signs of going away

[47...]

Yes, the emotional numbness hit badly at the beginning of month three - after crying for months during TWD and RT/CT, I suddenly couldn't cry at all, or feel much of anything.

This is very common, and by all accounts goes away - but right now it feels pretty rough.

By contrast, during the first two months after I jumped, and despite bad symptoms, I had moments of absolute euphoria. For now it's Anhedonia Central for me, and I keep myself going with the gratitude that sleep has improved so much.

This is also where the distraction of work helps quite a lot. It is absolutely critical that I not show emotion in my work, so I try to see it as an advantage for now.

Because of this, I find it easier to be in the office than to be at home, where all my stuff keeps me a prisoner of my own memories.

My work used to distract me too. Now I'm just plain old Impatient. I've been noticing small differences lately so hopefully it's on its way out

Thanks for sharing ! I'm not alone  :)

[47...]

My work used to distract me too. Now I'm just plain old Impatient. I've been noticing small differences lately so hopefully it's on its way out

Thanks for sharing ! I'm not alone  :)

Do you ever feel 'happy'?

[47...]

Sounds as though you're improving though, that's good.  :thumbsup:

I am working on becoming happy again, the way I used to be. It's so weird to not be able to feel it yet. But healed BB members assure me that happiness returns, and since sleep did, I'm going to believe them on this.  :)

The fear of the unknown always gets the best of me  :sick:

I'll sit around and try to make sense of this and somehow find faith it will go away. Thanks for the reassurance

Here too. Emotional numbness. Cannot feel joy still. I wonder when this is going to end. I had a really good window, and things started to come alive, but since then it's been back to the same old feeling - nothing. I wish so much that this would end!!

Glad you started this thread, Off!!

I have to say, though, that I'm on a boatload of bp pills. That may have something to do with it, though it didn't interfere with the window I had.

Ive always been interested in whether emotional numbness was a bi-product of depression, or something seperate from depression.

Well im starting to notice that im very depressed.. I'm starting to find that I'm extremely unsatisfied with life, and very discontent. I find it difficult to sit back and take a deep breath. In the past two months or so, Ive had moments where I could actually find peace. The mind chatter goes blank, a warm feeling fills my body and I feel normal.

I have faith that this isnt permanent. I'm very hopeful for the future and I will never look back from here on out. Only to reflect, not to dwell

Hell yes! I have been dead inside for the last 6 months! No matter how hard ive tried I havent been able to cry. But in the last week my crying has started to happen again. Must be a sign that emotions are coming back on!

I am emotionally numb.  And very disinterested in people and things.  I barely can cry.

Me too, me too!  DP/DR pretty bad as well . . .  ???

I have days where emotions peek through, like I'm stepping out of the fog or something. Like a week ago watching brave heart. I started choking up, felt like I was on the Brink of balling my eyes out

I have days where emotions peek through, like I'm stepping out of the fog or something. Like a week ago watching brave heart. I started choking up, felt like I was on the Brink of balling my eyes out

Love this!  Hoping for return of this for me . . .

I cried yesterday morning. There was a show on about this guy who donated bone marrow to a girl in Russia and saved her life. I actually cried. At the moment tho I'm numb

I cried yesterday morning. There was a show on about this guy who donated bone marrow to a girl in Russia and saved her life. I actually cried. At the moment tho I'm numb

Cool!  You're on your way OET...can't wait to cry.... :'(