Very bad anxiety, but still cut dose

[jo...]

Was on 15mg valium from 15th Sep, then 14mgs 27th October. Started feeling real bad anxiety in Nov so went back on seroquel. Just made another 0.5mg valium cut, which may sound mad, given my high anxiety levels, but although my dosing history has been erratic, and I feel it has made my system very sensitive to cuts, I wondered if staying on the same dose could somehow increase anxiety.

I cannot do meditation and relaxation as I am on antidepressants and learnt that these things are not for people on antidepressants, but I have just ordered myself a light box, as I got the impression, from reading posts on here, that these things benefited people.

[0d...]

journey-

Good for you on the cut eventhough the anxiety is there :thumbsup: Staying at the same dose can cause tolerance which would lead to anxiety. I think the light box will help you. I know ntw and Matteo have or are still using one...know it cannot hurt. Not sure why you think this:

I cannot do meditation and relaxation as I am on antidepressants and learnt that these things are not for people on antidepressants,

I would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Possibly you just have not found the right mediation or relaxation tool; have not used it daily for a period of time. These things take a while to sink in, no overnight fix.

Just Breathe

I agree with Just Breathe, it's good you're continuing to reduce your dose so you don't develop tolerance.  I also agree with her on relaxation and meditation, these things are beneficial for anyone and everyone.  The more you learn, the more you lean on these natural techniques the better you'll be able to handle life without medication.  :thumbsup: