Sleeping in everyday?

[Ma...]

Is it normal during taper to sleep in too much? I don't mean in a pleasant way either, kind of laying in bed procrastinating and feeling slightly depressed?

I don't sleep in, as I always wake too early thanks to the benzo sleep-fuck. But I lie there in a toxic stupor and listen to NPR until I have to get up to go to work. Stagger around feeling like death while I do a bit of yoga, make my breakfast smoothie, drink it down while trying not to barf, and get dressed. Mornings suck the big Fred.

Is it normal during taper to sleep in too much? I don't mean in a pleasant way either, kind of laying in bed procrastinating and feeling slightly depressed?

You are lucky it's just sleeping in. Some days I just stay in bed all day and night and get lucky if I get up the next day. Just get up to have a drink of water and a rescue dose. I don't sleep either anymore. Nothing will put me to sleep anymore these days. I just lay there being tortured of anxiety and procrastinating going to the bathroom. Slightly depressed ? I wish ...

I don't sleep in, as I always wake too early thanks to the benzo sleep-fuck. But I lie there in a toxic stupor and listen to NPR until I have to get up to go to work. Stagger around feeling like death while I do a bit of yoga, make my breakfast smoothie, drink it down while trying not to barf, and get dressed. Mornings suck the big Fred.

SS,

You crack me up! This pretty much sums up my mornings. Except I don't go to work, I have to get a 5 year old with no concept of time ready for school (very stressful) and get her there by 8 am. I have nearly barfed so many times. Hate it!

Hope

Yes!  I get up then take my morning dose and go back to sleep.  I procrastinate and have a lot of anxiety.  As soon as I get up and have my coffee, and start my day I'm fine.  You will be too.

Man, I wish I could sleep in when I was tapering. Insomnia was one of my symptoms and it was rare I got proper sleep.

My mornings were filled with anxiety and other not so fun symptoms. I would of loved to be able to sleep in to late morning consistently.

Not anymore. I am so exhausted all the time, I just want to sleep. At the slightest waking up, my nervous system goes full panic and I can't stay in bed.  Up I go to the rocking chair.

If I can get to bed super early, I'll be in bed 9-10 hours, but I sleep like crap, dream all night long, a nd then wake up as tired as I was when I went to bed.

I cant wait til my body can really sleep. Imm going to let it.

It will get better. I had all those symptoms and they're pretty much all gone now. Forget about sleeping in for me though. I wasn't sleeping at all for 2-3 days straight. Now I fall asleep in 10-20 minutes and I stay deep asleep for 6-½ to 7 hours typically. Occassionaly I have some sleep issues, but nothing like a year ago. The depression just went away and never came back. I had a full gamut of symptoms too. Now almost all fully gone. It will happen for all of you too. Just stay the course and know that it will end one day.

SS,

You crack me up! This pretty much sums up my mornings. Except I don't go to work, I have to get a 5 year old with no concept of time ready for school (very stressful) and get her there by 8 am. I have nearly barfed so many times. Hate it!

I feel for you having to manage a child in the morning. I only have to deal with myself, until I get to work. Then I deal with lots of things (or not) in my benzo-dazed manner. I know that your nausea is a lot worse than mine. Mine is a sort of constant uneasy feeling in my stomach, with a bit worse symptoms in the morning - dry heaves, etc. No fun, any of this.

Hope

I'm off benzos and I still do it! I'm doing it now in fact.  I can't just wake up and start my day without laying in bed for 2-3 hours.

Yes same here ! 2-3 hours of suffering, worrying and being tortured and thinking stuff over and over again and saying to myself : "Will I get up or just stay in here all day ?"    :tickedoff:

When I was tapering I was sleeping in and taking naps. Was groggy much of the time. Now I wake up 2 hours early and lay in bed, anxious and slightly toxic. I've found it usually goes away about an hour after I'm up. Morning anxiety sucks, but it gets better the longer I'm off the meds.

Yes!  I get up then take my morning dose and go back to sleep.  I procrastinate and have a lot of anxiety.  As soon as I get up and have my coffee, and start my day I'm fine.  You will be too.

This is pretty much my condition as well.

Thanks siggy! Its temporary, just hellish during the moment!

Oh yeah, that is for sure! Like another poster, Claudia, use to say, "It's like licking the pavement in Hell.". When I had the bad insomnia and did get some sleep, I'd wake up feeling pretty terrible. That's when the tinnitus was at it's worst too. Almost pretty much all gone now. I'll get slight bumps of it here and there, but not bad enough to bother me much. Like BeatBenzos said, it is temporary everybody. Just sucks really bad to go through it.

8)