Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Paroxetine for benzodiazepine withdrawal ?

[li...]

But not for 'depression' or 'anxiety' ?

I could see a certain logic since I read that paroxetine reduces the excitability of the motor cortex, which probably is at least partly one of my issues ... I doubt if this makes sense to anyone else ...

https://www.drugs.com/ppa/clonazepam.html

I can see the potential for 'complications' ... and it's something I'd have to do on my own.

Run, do not walk away from that killer Paxil!!!  I didn't know about withdrawal until I went into it at work after missing just ONE dose!, in the midst of doing patient care!!  I thought I would die....it took me weeks of suffering with that drug, too!!!

OK, sorry for the strong reaction, but my dear nephew has been on the lowest dose of Paroxetine for over twenty years and couldn't stand how he felt trying to taper and re-instated. It hurts his feelings that he can't get off it.

Paxil was a life saver for me pre benzos. I had a lot of this crap before ever taking a benzo. I had no idea it was all caused from anxiety. I thought it was just blood sugar crashes. Well it was that but unstable blood sugar causes anxiety disorders. Anyway, paxil cured me in about a months time. We'll it didn't cure me but it did a good job of keeping all those sx away. It made me numb to the world and killed my sex drive though. I've been considering taking it again because I'm so miserable. It can cause anxiety for a week or 2 until late u get adjusted to it. Hard to say if u should try it or not. It's a bitch to get off of with a benzo type of withdrawal.