One thing you are greatful/proud of...Just one thing!

[43...]

I'm grateful my sweetie and I were able to go to a movie and dinner. It was a good reminder that I don't have to feel good to be able to do some normal things. I'm thankful for discovering the 36 questions (to help facilitate communication) because it made the evening really interesting with great conversation (even with me being brain dead). Here's an article if you're interested: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/open-gently/201310/36-questions-bring-you-closer-together

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [Ma...]

• [MT...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud that I went to work today and took care of business when all I wanted to do was go back to bed.

I'm grateful that my son wants to play a game with me as soon as I stop typing this. I'm also grateful to the women here with whom I chat, and who are kind, brave, smart and encourage me to think positively.

[3f...]
I am grateful that I've been feeling grateful to be alive again.  I'm getting peaks of my old self again and it is glorious.  I'm so very grateful to my children who inspire me to keep fighting. 

I joined a bowling league with two of my sons and my son in law. Nervous as hell, fought myself the whole way, but once I get there and settle down it's been really fun! Once you get to certain stage in your healing I think it's a good thing to push yourself. A lot of my anxiety is just an old habit now that I need to break.

I'm grateful for a week of vacation that just started. We're flying across the country to visit our two kids and I can't wait to see them. I'm grateful that all of my worries and anxieties about the trip are easing. I may be tired and sleep deprived during it but it can still be a good thing.

I'm grateful that I found this site. It saved my life. Thank you all.

I second that. Also saved repeating the same mistakes over and over.

I'm grateful for God above all, my wonderful husband who has supported me 100% and my two kids!!!  They have pushed me through the toughest parts and been by my side in the hardest journey of my life!  I know when I'm done I'll be a changed person for the better!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm grateful my sweetie and I were able to go to a movie and dinner. It was a good reminder that I don't have to feel good to be able to do some normal things. I'm thankful for discovering the 36 questions (to help facilitate communication) because it made the evening really interesting with great conversation (even with me being brain dead). Here's an article if you're interested: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/open-gently/201310/36-questions-bring-you-closer-together

Love this article! I'm gunna try and do this.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm grateful that all by myself and I packed a drove 600 miles and found and bought a nice place to live. I am also grateful that my old friends here did not forget about me and were so happy to see me.

I'm really proud I managed this incredibly long hike Saturday. There was an emergency during the hike and we had to make a stretcher out of a blanket and carry a giant dog out. This involved hiking extra long because two of us had to hike down to get the blanket so I ended up hiking a total of 12 miles and helping carry the stretcher. 4 years ago I had difficulty walking around the grocery store and lifting 1 lb weights. I've been exhausted the past two days, and sore, but I'm grateful to learn my body can rise to the occasion when it needs to after working at it so hard.

• 1 month later...

Hope it's ok to come back and add new things...I need to be reminded that there still are things to be geeatful for even in this process.

Today I'm greatdul I was able to spend the day watching my hubby play his soccer game and then go to the ocean with our two wonderful kids!  It was a rare blessing and I made it through!

Thanks for this thread!

So grateful to have taken a beach camping trip with my kids this weekend and didn't suffer any anxiety or feeling overwhelmed. This is a real breakthrough. Such a good time with my kids.

So grateful to have taken a beach camping trip with my kids this weekend and didn't suffer any anxiety or feeling overwhelmed. This is a real breakthrough. Such a good time with my kids.

That's awesome Travis. So glad you had a good time!

Great job, Teegirl :thumbsup: That's a lot of running!

I'm grateful for being able to spend time connecting with a friend this morning and then in a small group this evening. I was afraid I was too tired for both events but it worked out and the social interaction was precious.

I am grateful that just for today I have enough.  Enough material things to meet most of my needs.  A home to shelter me, food on the table, clothes on my back, access to decent medical care.  A partner who loves me, family who care, friends who bolster me up when I need it.  Strength to get through this day.  Not wealth or excess or very much extra.  But enough.  For this I am humbly grateful.

:smitten:

She

I am grateful that just for today I have enough.  Enough material things to meet most of my needs.  A home to shelter me, food on the table, clothes on my back, access to decent medical care.  A partner who loves me, family who care, friends who bolster me up when I need it.  Strength to get through this day.  Not wealth or excess or very much extra.  But enough.  For this I am humbly grateful.

Humble, gracious, thankful and sweet! These are what come to mind when I read your post! I don't know if you're a believer but you sure sound like one.

Praise GOD, he is Always present for us through these changes!  Great attitude towards your life. You've made me smile this morning!  Thank you for that!

Peace &Love

Hope&Faith

Today, I am grateful that I got soaked to the skin in a sudden rain on my daily walk.  Hair plastered to my skull, shirt sticking to my back, mascara running down my face kind of soaking.  But it was a gentle warm rain.  It kept the rest of the humans indoors and I was totally alone, except for the family of sandhill cranes and a doe with her frolicking fawn.  I could hear all the birds in the trees cheering on the raindrops.  We are in a severe drought here where I live.  The plant life and wildlife are suffering very badly, so this rain is very welcome.  Also, one year ago I was not able to do this daily walk and have now healed to the point I can.  So, yes I am very grateful I got soaked in the rain today.

:smitten:

She