One thing you are greatful/proud of...Just one thing!

[84...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [Ma...]

• [MT...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
My honorable, kind, supportive husband who does anything and everything to contribute to my well-being under difficult circumstances.  I am so grateful.

My honorable, kind, supportive husband who does anything and everything to contribute to my well-being under difficult circumstances.  I am so grateful.

yes thats a wonderful gift. but you must be worth it! hugs to both of you :smitten:

yes thats a wonderful gift. but you must be worth it! hugs to both of you :smitten:

Thank you Marrigold.  I let him read both posts and now he's teary eyed and said "Yes you are definitely worth it!"

Thank you Marrigold.  I let him read both posts and now he's teary eyed and said "Yes you are definitely worth it!"

oh my god, and now I am here with teary eyes. So happy that you both have find each other.  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That despite relentless insomnia and an inner (w)itch that's always saying "I can't go on" I press on (like all of you). This section of "If" by Rudyard Kipling often goes through my head, written for folks in benzo wd:

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone, 

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’ "

Yep, Spring, we're determined mofos.

Grateful for my loving family and relative good health, and proud of my son who has been a champion through this. Proud of myself for being "unbreakable" .

This is my 4th day not thinking about wanting to die. I've been thinking it's OK, being alive, that there are even things about it I kinda like. This is a HUGE change for me. I don't typically think about suicide but the wishing has been an ongoing problem through all of this. Having this life makes dealing with all the rest more manageable. Halleluia!

This is my 4th day not thinking about wanting to die. I've been thinking it's OK, being alive, that there are even things about it I kinda like. This is a HUGE change for me. I don't typically think about suicide but the wishing has been an ongoing problem through all of this. Having this life makes dealing with all the rest more manageable. Halleluia!

This is great news MTfan! Hopefully you can remember this when things get rough and know that you can find windows of hope.

• 3 weeks later...
I am unbelievably grateful that I slept 6 hours last night and didn't have any night sweats.  I have no idea why or how this happened, but I will not take it for granted and give thanks and praise for this gift.