so when should I jump off?

[...]

I am at .6mg ativan divided into 3 doses a day right now?  When should I jump off?  My GP says at .2 but then he is really no expert at this.

Please help.

Karl,

The lower you can go, the better it will probably be after you taper.  Things certainly do not end when you take your last dose, your body will still need time to repair itself.  IT is repairing itself as you taper, so the lower you can go, the more taper time you give yourself, in theory, the after taper should not be as bad.  If you are still tapering using the applesauce method, you can really take it down as low as you feel comfortable.

If it were me, I would not drop at .2, that is still a significant amount of benzo.  I am not saying people can't jump from there and be successful, but maybe taking it down to .1 will take a little more time, but in the long run, probably much better for most.  You want to minimize your w/d after this is done....wd during stinks just as bad...I know.....but the key here is to minimize symptoms the best you can.

Btw, you are doing great from what I can see...by coming this far.

Tim

Karl,

It takes a warrior to get off these medications.  You aren't giving yourself enough credit. :)

If it were me, I'd take it down to .1, it can't hurt and can only help.

I am currently tapering klonopin, and I will probably take it down to about .05 then jump off.

Hang in there my friend,

Tim

Karl,

Thats how I handle things too, I just take note of what is happening with me, and I hold when I have to hold.  I did plan a hold around the holidays because this time is very stressful benzos or not.

Tim