Anxiety coming on

[Am...]

[e0...]

Ugh....

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Anxiety and Depression, how fun!

WHat shall I do? I"m so panicky right now... :idiot:

Amber-

First, you will will accept the panicky feelings, don't fight them. Now start slow belly breaths:

Lay down, quiet space, close your eyes, rest your hands on your diaghram and breath in through your nose from your diaghram(you will feel it rise) for a count of six, hold for a count of 3 and then exhale through your mouth for a count of six. Repeat this slow, diaphragmatic breathing and your body will settle down. Just go slow with the breath in, hold and exhale and repeat and repeat.

Remember, it is only anxiety, nothing bad is going to happen; accept it, don't fight it, see it as a wave coming towards you and through you and breath, slowly, gently. You will be fine.

Just Breathe

Ugh....

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Anxiety and Depression, how fun!

WHat shall I do? I"m so panicky right now... :idiot:

I know it's hard when the panicky feelings creep up and escalate but you can "talk" yourself back down, Amber.  Here are some things to focus on as well as the breathing exercises that Just Breathe posted for you:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.msg180729#msg180729

Amber,

Hope you are feeling better today, feeling pretty bad myself, anxiety and depression in the last two days, I try to keep it positive, although it is hard, but at least I know that it is withdrawal effect and that I am not alone on this benzo journey.

:smitten:

Guillermo

Amber,

The anxiety when tapering these meds can be very tough.  You did cut 25 percent of your dosage though, that is quite a significant drop, so I would guess anxiety is to be expected.  The good thing is you know it is from benzo w/d, the bad thing is you still have to go through it.  Hang in there...many people on here have great techniques when it comes to dealing with the benzo wd anxiety, hopefully more people will stop by and give you some tips on how they handle it when it arises.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I hope your feeling better Amber.

I learned to know when it begins. I stay busy and try to change my thought. The key is to not dwell into it. I know it is tough and I know determination beats this obstacle :yippee: :yippee:

Led Zepplin said it best:

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow

Don't be alarmed now

It's just a spring clean

For the May queen