6 years 2 months 4 weeks 2 days Success Story Dpete

[Dp...]

Wow 6 years 2 months 4 weeks 2 days today.

That is how long it has been sense I took my last dose of Clonazepam. I was put on a starting dose of 4mgs (way to high fast) from some schmuck doctor. I was on the medication for 9 months, then did a rapid 4 month taper.

I was a very outgoing guy, got along with everyone, always wanted to be out doing something to a complete lunatic in the span of days. I experienced just about all the symptoms, but the worst where probably extreme through the roof anxiety, manic,muscle pain all over body, body shakes (felt like laying on a washing machine when i slept), terrible headaches everyday for a very long time, felt like someone welded a metal band around my head too tight. The worst part of all of it is that I have difficultly remembering things that happened before i started taking the clonazepam  (like it erased a lot of detail). There used to be quiet a bit documented about my journey, if it still exists you can probably find it by searching my name.

Well so how am i feel now? 100% better! I don't want to scare anyone, but it took a very long time to heal over 5 years.. Now don't panic, i saw many people come and go on here during my time. I work 60/70 hours a week now, I go out to events, drink socially, golf, travel. I have my life back, i am the person i was before that doctor f'ed me over.  I was out of work the first year, I can not thank my family enough for supporting me. I was luck to land a job(just barley kept me afloat, but no way i could have been around people) I could work from home between years 2-4, then returned to my career in year 5.

I just want you all to know, that it does in fact get better! Hang in there. honestly.

• Love 1

Dpete do you still have hard time remembering your past? 5 years is a ling time. If its not  too tough to ask for what was it like the first year the second year etc. when do you gets a window and what was the turning point. I'd  love some details of your story. I think a lot of people know they will get better but relatability is so key to us still wading through it. Sorry if it seems a bit needy. Im still in hell 7 months out. Thanks buddie.

CONGRATULATIONS, Dpete!!!

I'm so glad you stuck with it. I bet a lot of people would have reinstated. In fact, I think that's what happens. They can't take the wd and the bizarre things going on. It's like a prison sentence. But amazing healing comes to those who wait! And the fact that you worked - wow, I admire that a great deal!!!

Thanks for posting your story!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you.  I saw a Naturopath today and she told me it could take up to 5-7 years to heal completely. Luckily for most symptoms do become manageable prior to this timeframe. 

Thank you.  I saw a Naturopath today and she told me it could take up to 5-7 years to heal completely. Luckily for most symptoms do become manageable prior to this timeframe.

When taking all the recovery stories into account, I don't think it's an accurate assessment at all. It's more like 5-7 years for a very select few.

Thanks for including the "drink socially" part! I'd never risk it anytime soon, I just think about my future and what kind of normalcy I'll return to, like cheersing at weddings, pounding a beer with my pops at the beach bar, etc.

Congrats on your new life, and God bless!

Hi Dpete,

You joined BB as a member just three months before I did.  I remember you!!  We communicated on the threads, on the chat room and did PM each other periodically.  This is wonderful reading your Success Story... Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Yes friend... you have your life back..  The very best to you always D...

Hugs, Pattylu

Hello

Thanks so much for your story it is so good to hear that you are now recovered.  :thumbsup:

I think that for those of us who are taking longer to recover it is so hard to remain positive and hopeful. It really helps when we can read these stories.

Thank you so much .

Lib  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi I wanted to ask one other thing.  I saw you had tinnitus how long til that left for you?  I know everyone is different but just curious.  Also did you have sensitive ears and hyperacusis with the tinnitus?

Man, this is just what I needed to read today. I get that same band of pressure around my forehead. It's maddening. Thanks for coming back and posting your success story!

Thank you so much for posting this Dpete. I'm really really glad you're better now.

It helps a great deal to see the longer term recovery stories.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Definitely needed to read this particular story. Sucks that it can take this long but for some of us, it's obviously taking way too long to recover and NEED the reassurance. Thanks for letting us know you're doing good this far out. I'm in a nasty setback and this gives me more hope for sure.

• 1 month later...

Wow 6 years 2 months 4 weeks 2 days today.

That is how long it has been sense I took my last dose of Clonazepam. I was put on a starting dose of 4mgs (way to high fast) from some schmuck doctor. I was on the medication for 9 months, then did a rapid 4 month taper.

I was a very outgoing guy, got along with everyone, always wanted to be out doing something to a complete lunatic in the span of days. I experienced just about all the symptoms, but the worst where probably extreme through the roof anxiety, manic,muscle pain all over body, body shakes (felt like laying on a washing machine when i slept), terrible headaches everyday for a very long time, felt like someone welded a metal band around my head too tight. The worst part of all of it is that I have difficultly remembering things that happened before i started taking the clonazepam  (like it erased a lot of detail). There used to be quiet a bit documented about my journey, if it still exists you can probably find it by searching my name.

Well so how am i feel now? 100% better! I don't want to scare anyone, but it took a very long time to heal over 5 years.. Now don't panic, i saw many people come and go on here during my time. I work 60/70 hours a week now, I go out to events, drink socially, golf, travel. I have my life back, i am the person i was before that doctor f'ed me over.  I was out of work the first year, I can not thank my family enough for supporting me. I was luck to land a job(just barley kept me afloat, but no way i could have been around people) I could work from home between years 2-4, then returned to my career in year 5.

I just want you all to know, that it does in fact get better! Hang in there. honestly.

How was it at 4 years? Still have a band around your head at that point? Physically what was left do you recall. Thanks so much! Vibrating away still, deep ache etc..It's endless still, but not as bad each year. Still brutal. Waking is horrid. In and out of sleep. Just hanging on many days etc. Akathesia finally stopped for a while at about 3.75 years.

I appreciate the reply in advance!