titration or cutting at lower doses?

[ri...]

hello all,  i'm down to .75 ativan and am having a lot of difficulty cutting the tabs evenly.  the liquid titration seems too complicated. feeling quite anxious about this. can anyone help me?

thanks , robin

just looked on colin's plan and feel overwhelmed by it.  i don't even know where one buys cylinders. and do you really need a mortar and pestle?

i want my titration to start now from 0.75 and reduce it by 0.25 every 5 days.  I have .05 tabs and also 1mg tabs of lorazepam.

thanks, robin

Hi Robin,

I sent a note to softtail, he'll help you and so will Colin.  I've heard you can order a cylinder from sciencestuff.com, they're fairly inexpensive.  As for the mortar and pestle, I'm sure you can be creative where that's concerned but I'll let the experts weigh in here.

Don't be discouraged, we're here to help you.

Pam

just looked on colin's plan and feel overwhelmed by it.  i don't even know where one buys cylinders. and do you really need a mortar and pestle?

i want my titration to start now from 0.75 and reduce it by 0.25 every 5 days.  I have .05 tabs and also 1mg tabs of lorazepam.

thanks, robin

I used a mirror and the side of a butter knife to crush my pill. It worked fine for me.  :thumbsup: It will take a little practice. I would cup my hand over the knife while pressing down on the pill.  :thumbsup: I'm not sure I understand about your plan to reduce by .25mg every 5 days?? Did you mean .025mg??

If you plan to reduce .25 mg every five days, thats quite a fast taper, darn near a cold turkey.  I hope that was a type o.

When I first looked at titration, it seemed really complicated.  It is not really once you do it once or twice.  I practiced with an aspirin a few time times until I got the hang of it.  I never ordered a mortar and pestle, it's helpful if you have it, but I don't think it is 100 percent neccessary. 

Here is the equipment I am using..

1) 100 ml cylander....ordered from Amazon.com (with shipping I think paid maybe 9 dollars for this)

2) a pill crusher (bought it at the pharmachy for about five dollars)

3) a straw  (there are easy to come by)

4) a spoon  (had plenty of them lying around here)

5) a cup      (had plenty of those too)

The pill crusher replaced the mortar and pestle for me.  It works out very well.  Some people don't even use that and just use the back of the spoon to crush.

I really thought it would be really tough to do this too, but you will probably see after a day or two you become an old pro.  I think titration is a pretty smooth process and it will put you in total control of your taper.  You aren't held to .125 mg cuts or any specific amount, you can hold when you need to, and move forward at your own pace.

If you have any other questions....feel free to ask..there are several of us that have used/ are using this process and believe in it 100 percent.

You know we will support you whether you continue to dry cut or choose titration.

Tim

sorry, i meant .025

That is what I was hoping you meant.  As I said earlier, titration is not really as hard as it looks.  I can try to help you with any questions you may have...I know I thought it looked too difficult at first too, but really after a couple tries, you will get the hang of it.

Colin is great when it comes to coming up with titration schedules if you need one.

Tim

As others said, titration looks hard but isn't so bad.

Order stuff from these sources if you like:

//pharmex.com/osb/showitem.cfm?keywords=cylinder&searchtype=All&Message=1&submit.x=19&submit.y=8

//www.bodybuilding.com/store/ontel/mixer.html

//pharmex.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1391

Good luck and don't give up - the anxiety is from the drug and will go away!

Mike

Edited to remove active links