• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for explanation did see them on some sites. I slept the best J've done in last 18 months last night, so hoping eventually my anxiety will start improving, as it's def doing something! Just been told you quickly develop tolerance to it within 2 weeks  and may have increase dose, and can be as bad as benzos in some people, so very despondent now. It's only thing J've tried hasn't revved up symptoms😫

Just been told you quickly develop tolerance to it within 2 weeks  and may have increase dose, and can be as bad as benzos in some people,

??????

Two weeks?

leann, with all due respect, maybe you shouldn't believe everything you've "been told"? Did you check this out for yourself? A little Googling might help you.

Look, you've finally found something that helps you. Why look for the serpent in paradise? Why not do a little research, satisfy yourself, and enjoy the fact that something's helping? Things have been hard enough for you recently, you don't need anticipatory anxiety. Or despondency. As the Beatles said, maybe "Let it be".

Best to you,

Katz

Here's my PM to another member who asked about using CBD for intrusive thoughts (slightly edited). I get a little "factual" in the discourse; some are proven fact with references out there all over the web, some are from discussions with an expensive cannabis doctor, and some are from extensive personal experience.

"Apply salt to taste."  ;) ...

I've taken as much as 500mg/day of CBD, but only at a time when my body was flooded with THC. I don't recommend anything like this. From what I've read and experienced, cannabinoids in general typically stay in the body for around 30 days (hence why this is the minimum suggested abstinence period before a drug test; remember those days?). Anyways, because of this 30 day lingering period, it's like benzos in that cannabinoids have a half-life; so daily doses have a way of layering on top of previous doses, and getting stronger up to around the 30 day mark. Not understanding this behavior and timeline is how I managed to overdose first THC and then months later on CBD, both by prescription and both despite extreme caution; I have no substance abuse tendencies.

So yes, CBD will build up in your body, probably for around 30 days, getting stronger by the day. Yes, you can take doses that will be felt immediately, what I'd call an acute dose, and these can be very large and relatively safe. BUT I do not suggest using an acute dosage range for long-term daily dosing; this is how I went wrong. If you take acute doses and you feel exactly what you want to feel in terms of relief (it is generally safe to gradually work up in dose to find if this exists for you with CBD), then I suggest backing off from this dose. You can back off slowly, if you really need the continued support, but I suggest carefully lowering your dose every single day if you start on a large and effective dose. Basically, your optimal dose will get lower and lower as the doses stack and I suggest chasing this ever-lowering optimal dose very diligently, because with cannabinoids more is NOT better.

Cannabinoids, including CBD, are bi-phasic. They all have negative side-effects (no matter what the marketing says) and these outweigh their benefits past this "optimal dose". What an optimal dose is varies from person to person, but after a while of daily dosing it can end up being quite low. My optimal daily dose for CBD alone is fractions of a milligram; I just don't generally need help with intrusive thoughts, and doses over this amount will cause me to feel manic. But if I'm withdrawing from a benzo too quickly, or I'm dosing THC, then my optimal dose of CBD could be much higher, depending on the other conditions.

I don't like capsules. I made my own for a while, when I was literally brain-dumb, and it took me over a week to realize I got all the same benefits with more flexibility using a dropper and an oil-tincture. I suggest getting an oil-tincture, and ideally one with markings on the dropper that show 1ml and 3/4ml and so on. Then I suggest counting the drops in 1ml, comparing this to the bottles information about how many mg of CBD are in one ml (or divide the bottle total milligrams by the total bottle ml), and this will tell you how many milligrams of CBD are in each drop. I dose by the drop, and bottles rarely have accurate information on how much is in each drop.

There's a whole world to diluting these cannabinoids (I use MCT oil), there's also a whole world to understanding "full spectrum" contents, such as terpenes, CBG, CBN, THC, and so on. I will say as a last thing that a little THC, especially on the long term, can be helpful in balancing CBD out. Might not matter to you right now, but if you follow my suggestions and eventually find a low optimal dose of CBD and want to use that for a long time, I suggest trying a product with that federally allowed dose of <0.3% THC in there for comparison. Even more THC than this might be a better balance on the long term.

In my experience CBD alone has left me feeling brittle, unemotional, and over-analytical. Mental and manic. A little bit of this is a really good thing when my thoughts are too mushy, such as would cause intrusive thoughts. But too much of this and I get headaches, increased whole body pain, emotional unavailability and other problems. You'll no doubt find what it does for you, and I suggest monitoring the effects mindfully. It is a psyche medication, after all.

So, again, I find oil-tinctures easier to control the dose than capsules. I think it's safe to slowly titrate up until you find the effects you need; but remember to titrate down in dosage if you're using it daily. You could dose every 1-3 hours if needed. I dosed every single hour, 24 hours a day for maybe a week when I was very sick, then moved to every 2 hours, then every 3 and stayed at every 3 hours for months. I missed that my optimal dose went from 500mg/day to 5mg/day by around the second month of use, and my expensive cannabis doctor told me to take more and more to combat the symptoms which were being caused in large part from a CBD overdose; try not to make my mistake!

If you have capsules, I suggest breaking the capsules in your mouth and letting the contents (which I assume are an oil-based liquid) soak into your mucus membranes in the mouth for 1-5 minutes before swallowing. I also suggest doing this mouth-hold with an oil-tincture if you get one. I was taught to take doses with a high-fat meal, but I've not noticed that makes a huge difference; the mouth-hold technique though DOES make a huge difference, in my experience.

I hope this helps someone.  :thumbsup:

Need some advice can CBD make you feel depressed at first? Been taking 15mg for about a week in capsule form. Not been having usual jitters I get with supplements, but on Saturday & again today felt really depressed and tearful, thinking J'll never improve. Unsure whether to continue, as have been having rapid cycling symptoms with bad waves last few weeks whether it's that rather than CBD. It is doing something as when take during day feel overwhelming tiredness  and bit swimmy briefly..

CBD never made me feel depressed. But everyone's different.

If you feel it's responsible for your overwhelming tiredness, well reduce the dose. Or stop taking it. I've stopped and started various CBD & THC products over the years. If it doesn't seem to be doing what you need done . . . stop it.

A testable hypothesis, no?

Katz

I just don't know whether it's the CBD or not. If ultimately it might help would stick with it. Strangely never makes me tired in the evening when I take higher dose. If doesn't tend to normally cause depression maybe it's just another wave. Just never seem be able move forward and get bit improvement.

I take it at night for insomnia. It relaxes me and makes me a bit sleepy. I never take it routinely in the daytime (unless I'm having a weird anxiety attack which doesn't happen very often) because it makes me relaxed and calm then, too. Duh. Really! I have to work. Being relaxed and calm and a bit out of it is not compatible with the kind of work I do. So maybe what's happening to you isn't so odd. It's having its desired effect . . . you feel relaxed and calm all day (I think you said you're taking it multiple times a day)?

I don't know, leann. If it's not giving you the state of mind/feelings you need, maybe back off it for a bit.

Best,

Katz

Only take 1 in the morning then 2 in evening not multiple times. I'll try just taking dose at night, as made me feel weird taking it during day not nice feeling.. Just been feeling crap with rapid cycling symptoms. Someone else said he found took few weeks to have full effect( I know you disagree) , so stick it out I guess.

I was using mmj to help with sleep but unfortunately it didn't last long and made my sleep even worse.  I also found out that the brand of Klonopin I was prescribed has been incorrect for a few months.  I am used to Teva brand Klonopin but I have been receiving Accord Health which has gotten bad reviews online.  I lost so much sleep I desperately took an extra 1 mg of Klonopin to get some sleep and my body just felt like it was so slowed down.  I think that was on Monday and it is Saturday now.  But now I'm a total wreck.  My mom says I'm sleeping in the afternoons for maybe 4 to 6 hours but I feel like I'm just laying there with time going super slow.  Anytime my body feels like it needs a nap, I start getting severe heart palps and some mild brain zaps.  I'm not sure what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...
[2d...]
Has anyone been using delta 8? I got some gummies at the local smoke shop and I couldn’t believe it completely got rid of my RLS, neuropathy in my feet and insomnia.  CBD did nothing for me.

I've heard good things about Delta 8, scrabble. I'm glad it helped you. I might look into it myself! I have a foot neuropathy and RLS . . . and I'm sure my insomnia could use some help.

Thanks for the report.

Katz

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my PM to another member who asked about using CBD for intrusive thoughts (slightly edited). I get a little "factual" in the discourse; some are proven fact with references out there all over the web, some are from discussions with an expensive cannabis doctor, and some are from extensive personal experience.

"Apply salt to taste."  ;) ...

I've taken as much as 500mg/day of CBD, but only at a time when my body was flooded with THC. I don't recommend anything like this. From what I've read and experienced, cannabinoids in general typically stay in the body for around 30 days (hence why this is the minimum suggested abstinence period before a drug test; remember those days?). Anyways, because of this 30 day lingering period, it's like benzos in that cannabinoids have a half-life; so daily doses have a way of layering on top of previous doses, and getting stronger up to around the 30 day mark. Not understanding this behavior and timeline is how I managed to overdose first THC and then months later on CBD, both by prescription and both despite extreme caution; I have no substance abuse tendencies.

So yes, CBD will build up in your body, probably for around 30 days, getting stronger by the day. Yes, you can take doses that will be felt immediately, what I'd call an acute dose, and these can be very large and relatively safe. BUT I do not suggest using an acute dosage range for long-term daily dosing; this is how I went wrong. If you take acute doses and you feel exactly what you want to feel in terms of relief (it is generally safe to gradually work up in dose to find if this exists for you with CBD), then I suggest backing off from this dose. You can back off slowly, if you really need the continued support, but I suggest carefully lowering your dose every single day if you start on a large and effective dose. Basically, your optimal dose will get lower and lower as the doses stack and I suggest chasing this ever-lowering optimal dose very diligently, because with cannabinoids more is NOT better.

Cannabinoids, including CBD, are bi-phasic. They all have negative side-effects (no matter what the marketing says) and these outweigh their benefits past this "optimal dose". What an optimal dose is varies from person to person, but after a while of daily dosing it can end up being quite low. My optimal daily dose for CBD alone is fractions of a milligram; I just don't generally need help with intrusive thoughts, and doses over this amount will cause me to feel manic. But if I'm withdrawing from a benzo too quickly, or I'm dosing THC, then my optimal dose of CBD could be much higher, depending on the other conditions.

I don't like capsules. I made my own for a while, when I was literally brain-dumb, and it took me over a week to realize I got all the same benefits with more flexibility using a dropper and an oil-tincture. I suggest getting an oil-tincture, and ideally one with markings on the dropper that show 1ml and 3/4ml and so on. Then I suggest counting the drops in 1ml, comparing this to the bottles information about how many mg of CBD are in one ml (or divide the bottle total milligrams by the total bottle ml), and this will tell you how many milligrams of CBD are in each drop. I dose by the drop, and bottles rarely have accurate information on how much is in each drop.

There's a whole world to diluting these cannabinoids (I use MCT oil), there's also a whole world to understanding "full spectrum" contents, such as terpenes, CBG, CBN, THC, and so on. I will say as a last thing that a little THC, especially on the long term, can be helpful in balancing CBD out. Might not matter to you right now, but if you follow my suggestions and eventually find a low optimal dose of CBD and want to use that for a long time, I suggest trying a product with that federally allowed dose of <0.3% THC in there for comparison. Even more THC than this might be a better balance on the long term.

In my experience CBD alone has left me feeling brittle, unemotional, and over-analytical. Mental and manic. A little bit of this is a really good thing when my thoughts are too mushy, such as would cause intrusive thoughts. But too much of this and I get headaches, increased whole body pain, emotional unavailability and other problems. You'll no doubt find what it does for you, and I suggest monitoring the effects mindfully. It is a psyche medication, after all.

So, again, I find oil-tinctures easier to control the dose than capsules. I think it's safe to slowly titrate up until you find the effects you need; but remember to titrate down in dosage if you're using it daily. You could dose every 1-3 hours if needed. I dosed every single hour, 24 hours a day for maybe a week when I was very sick, then moved to every 2 hours, then every 3 and stayed at every 3 hours for months. I missed that my optimal dose went from 500mg/day to 5mg/day by around the second month of use, and my expensive cannabis doctor told me to take more and more to combat the symptoms which were being caused in large part from a CBD overdose; try not to make my mistake!

If you have capsules, I suggest breaking the capsules in your mouth and letting the contents (which I assume are an oil-based liquid) soak into your mucus membranes in the mouth for 1-5 minutes before swallowing. I also suggest doing this mouth-hold with an oil-tincture if you get one. I was taught to take doses with a high-fat meal, but I've not noticed that makes a huge difference; the mouth-hold technique though DOES make a huge difference, in my experience.

I hope this helps someone.  :thumbsup:

SlownSteady,

This topic is definitely your speciality!

Can I get your opinion on this product.

[nobbc]https://www.downtoearth.green/shop/oils/isolate-cbd/iso-1000/[/nobbc]

I have tried this before but I was polydrugged at the time so I couldn’t tell if it was helping or not.

I have tried medical marijuana dr prescribed and it was horrible, heart racing, increased anxiety etc.

I have also tried CBD & tiny amount THC I had increased symptoms. I know you recommend THC <0.3%. I’m looking to reduce my withdrawal symptoms: Akathesia, body movements, panic, anxiety, heart racing, GI upset, tinnitus, insomnia, intrusive thoughts, SI., DR/DP.... the list goes on but they are my main ones!

I’d love to know your thoughts on this product CBD isolate. Please help me understand what I’m taking.

Thank you

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

CBD does zero for me . I dont know if it is because it took so much indica to get me down off 8 mgs of kpin over 5 years or what .. but finally 2.5 years out in May of this year , I started microdosing 5 mgs of indica THC only with 1-2 mgs of cbn nightly in a gummy  to be able to sleep . My sleep never came back and I have to work and be functional and the ideations were very bad the less sleep I got .

I never had this problem before the benzos  so far I have not had to updose nor have I hit tolerance but I do switch products every month . I got more than a few recommendations to do that from several sources . I had to do something . I am glad several in here helped me get over my fear to go back to MM because it has helped . The insomnia had just really worn me down at 58 .

BlueDutchess,

CBD, THC and related products are so complex. There are so many products on offer and you just never know how you are going to react.

I’m glad you found something that helps you and you mentioned changing products is key.

I live in Australia. CBD is really limited and usually only through a dr and it’s expensive.

• 1 month later...

I'm taking 5mg thc edible 2 hours before sleep for the past 4 nights. I don't get the best of sleep but I get some and am so thankful for it.

Will this hinder my recovery by taking this?

I don't think so, Nova.  I took both THC and CBD edibles during my taper and wasn't aware of any deleterious effects. The CBD calmed my anxiety and let me sleep better. The THC improved my appetite.

Hope this helps,

Katz

I too have my card and smoke a lot of cannabis so here’s my take.

First don’t go crazy and substitute one vice for another. Smoke to help you with withdrawals.

As for strains, stay with Indica or hybrids that are lean more to having a higher level of indica to Sativa. Smoking Sativa only will wig you out and cause anxiety, if you have a tendency to have nervousness.

I smoked a strain that had 47% THC and 37% CBD.

That strain did not get me “ stoned “ but gave me a slight buzz but with the CBD as high as it was, that combination calmed me and REALLY helped with withdrawals. This strain is call Strawberry something. Sorry I forget but it’s made by Bedford. Sorry, these are vape cartridges.

If you’re using cannabis for withdrawals, I’d ask your budtender about this strain but ask for something with very high CBD. If you don’t need it for withdrawals, roll one up, turn up Lef Zepplin and kick back.

Peace

Old Sal

• 2 weeks later...

Delta 8 will cause you to show positive on a urine test.

Anyone know for how long?

Usually about 4 weeks, sometimes longer for heavy-use consumers and people with high body mass (fat) index.

This article explains the issues around the legalities of delta 8, drug tests, drug test appeals and a number of related things:

https://cfah.org/delta-8-thc-drug-test/ 

Edit: An anecdotal story; a family member recently planted over 100 acres of hemp pursuant to the 2018 Farm Bill. He obtained the proper permits and followed all of the statutory requirements. The field produced an exceptional yield with huge buds but harvesting it presented a problem. The stalks were about the size and nearly as hard as baseball bats. Even though he has state of the art heavy duty harvesting equipment, the plants were too stout to be harvested with his equipment that is designed primarily for corn and soybeans. Fortunately the company he contracted to grow for helped him locate the needed equipment and experienced personnel to harvest and transport the produce to their out-of-state processing plant. As someone once said, "Where there is a will there is (usually) a way." ;)

My edible did not work for me last night. I had been sleeping for about a week with out having one. Last night was a really bad not with hypnic jerks. Normally if I take an edible I can fall asleep even with them but I just could not fall asleep last not and kept getting the jerks. I hate hypnic jerks so much. I feel like shit now and I am so afraid it will happen again tonight.

I'm just not sure why the edible did not work this time.

I got some CBD/CBN combo gummies and have tried them for a couple of days (one per day) and they *may* have increased my symptoms. Or it could be totally unrelated and would have happened anyway. One can never be sure.

I bought some Delta 8 gummies at the same time, but now I'm a little gun shy to give them a try.  I'm assuming that other people have tried Delta 8. What was your experience?

"I'm assuming that other people have tried Delta 8. What was your experience?"

Tried it today (an Indica vape cartridge). It's been a good experience for me (a feeling of an improved quality of life) and in my opinion it is not unlike the effects of Delta 9 THC in that regard. I was enthusiastically alert and active but relaxed too. Just 2 draws lasted about 6 hours, including a 2 hr. nap (that is my normal mid day/afternoon schedule). If I were working in public, I believe 1 draw would be appropriate; If I were working and socializing among trusted friends, I believe 2 or 3 draws would be fine. Anything above that and I believe I would want to carefully plan and execute good procedures for set & setting. It has helped to keep my mind off some of my other aches & pains so I believe it may be a beneficial and fairly safe treatment for the symptoms of pain. I've been kinda turned off to vaping until my recent experiences being around someone who does it as well as my recent research of medical and other journals on the ingredients currently used during its processing and methods of administration.  I'm also in favor of valid and trustworthy 3rd party testers of these products which should help inform people so they can make their own decisions regarding the use of Delta 8 THC and the different methods that are used in processing and administering it.

• 1 month later...