• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info, blue. I ordered the mag also. Thanks!

:smitten:

Katz

Excellent!

You surmised I used wrong title it is called "Marijuana Medicine." And I can attest to the fact I was not under the influence at that time!

Looking forward to our sharing of info.

Cheers

Hello all

Have purchased the new National Geographic---special  "Marijuana Medicine" (cannabis--is a more appropriate term) issue publish in October 2019. Difficult to find locally so ordered online.

It will arrive next week (Monday). It is very detailed and includes all up to date research.

Shall read relevant sections--asap.

And report back to help clarify some of the above member questions about use along with references for you.

It also cover history of cannabis an interesting topic to explore for fun/interesting reading.

Cheers

Received magazine. Title was misleading. A superficial rehash of what can be found on internet  (many recently published cannabis heath related books are a better source). "Very conservatively written." One section boldly claims cannabis is not without risk--then describes issue of driving under the influence. The irony is that they used French stats per driving when we all know wine drinking and driving in France is much more dangerous.

Lots of superficial historical background information and photos. 

Little insight into research beyond--we will know more in the future. Though they do interview a Spanish researcher and a few advocates from the past.

Only a few paragraphs about CBD and covered hastily (lazy research).

Reinforces that most medical claims are anecdotal.

Consistently, rehashes the debunked dangers from anti-cannabis crusaders from years ago. Drones on in many sections about anxiety and hallucinations (without clarifying that it takes substantial amounts of consumption to cause such--e.g. hash eaters) caused by cannabis. They even have the audacity to include sections about synthetic marijuana dangers that we all have known about for year when in fact the title is purportedly about---"Marijuana Medicine" and not scare tactics.

Not a single word about gaba receptors. Only discussed endocannabinoid system.

I give the magazine a D- rating (throw away). For the uniformed reader this magazine would influence a person not to use any cannabis even CBD.

So--for those interested in just the CBD--watch for new studies and any articles written by credible doctors/researchers. Or just take the leap and give it a try.

I shall report such if I come across any.

Cheers

What’s considered a low dose on cbd? 8 to 10?

I’m doing calculations total cbd say 1000 divided by 30 ml equals 33.3 ml per dropper.  So 1/4 of dropper would be around 8 or 9. Is that too low?

[52...]
Seems a decent place to start, but it may take more to feel anything.  I think it was Challis who found an article indicating that 50-100 may be the sweet spot for CBD (I'm probably mis-remembering the number, but it was fairly high).

[52...]

Despite people often sending me PMs about CBD, I'm not usually a CBD user.  I had some bad news recently that really ramped up my anxiety.  So I tried 40mg.  Results were promising.  I was most definitely calmer for several hours.  The difference was significant.  The feeling of perpetual distress was noticeably lessened, and the anxiety 'surges' were all but gone.

It did not help me fall asleep or stay asleep, however.  I didn't feel bad or anxious.  I just didn't sleep very long (that's kind of a normal state for me).  I think I'll head out to the garage and employ that 'other' cannabinoid to see if I can get back to sleep.

A couple other observations..  My appetite/hunger were significantly reduced.  That was kind of a bummer as I was at a holiday party pot-luck with many yummy foods.  I didn't feel sick or nauseated or anything.  Food tasted fine.  I just wasn't hungry.  I also felt noticeably warmer (borderline uncomfortably warm in a 75F home).  Appetite suppression and enhanced thermogenesis have been reported in the literature, so I guess this makes sense.

fwiw - I tried a full-spectrum, unflavored hemp oil formulation.  Tasted lousy, but it seemed to work.

Here is a question for this group. I know that I had anxiety, much different than how I feel now, prior to this bad reaction I had with benzos. I'm 20.5 months off now and still suffering pretty heavily with heightened anxiety, ocd, rage, etc. Will taking CBD oil help with these symptoms at all if they are primarily benzo induced? Or could it help only with the underlying anxiety?

Really wish I would have tried CBD prior to this bad experience with benzos.

Here is a question for this group. I know that I had anxiety, much different than how I feel now, prior to this bad reaction I had with benzos. I'm 20.5 months off now and still suffering pretty heavily with heightened anxiety, ocd, rage, etc. Will taking CBD oil help with these symptoms at all if they are primarily benzo induced? Or could it help only with the underlying anxiety?

Really wish I would have tried CBD prior to this bad experience with benzos.

The only way to know is to try. Everyone reacts differently.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it safe to ingest a CBD tincture that has essential oils in it ? The ingredients are avacodo oil, essential oil blend( lemon,bergamot,sweet orange

Thanks in advance 

Those sound okay to me...many essential oils are okay for consumption as well as topical uses.  :)

Thanks a bunch 😊 challis99

i ordered a purelife 1000 mg cbd. you can see my history from my sign. i have been anxious all the time since ct in may. but it has been getting into a shape with a feeling of a little panicky,tight throat etc for one month. cbd oil helps these feelings to lessen? altgough i have been holding on rem for 4 months i am getting this weird wave. what do you suggest about the usage?

[52...]

It could help.  While it probably won't cover all symptoms, it might help take the edge off some of them.  You'll have to tinker a bit to find a dose that works for you.

A 40kg female friend of mine uses 40-50 mg at night to help her sleep. 

I'm more like 80kg and 40 mg calms anxious feelings, but doesn't make me sleepy at all.  Actually gives me energy and makes me feel a bit warm.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using Gorilla Glue and I sleep great. Last two nights I fell asleep watching tv which I never do! I hope it works for you. To avoid the anxiety and paranoia, which I have not experienced with this strain, just start low.

I have never heard Gorila Glue can help with sleep.  I have HUGE sleeping issues cant sleep i toss and turn this sounds like it may be good for me. So I googled and found here https://www.fvkasa.org/strain/gorilla-glue-4 , Gorilla Glue is pretty an effective treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. So thank you!

I have been using Gorilla Glue and I sleep great. Last two nights I fell asleep watching tv which I never do! I hope it works for you. To avoid the anxiety and paranoia, which I have not experienced with this strain, just start low.

I have never heard Gorila Glue can help with sleep.  I have HUGE sleeping issues cant sleep i toss and turn this sounds like it may be good for me. So I googled and found here https://www.fvkasa.org/strain/gorilla-glue-4 , Gorilla Glue is pretty an effective treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. So thank you!

I have also been using Skywalker Kush I think it is. Wow! That is even more amazing for sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

NJstrength and group:

CBN

For those in legal states CBN may be something to consider.

A few links to help you in your research. Just copied those that have credibility.

What is it: https://weedmaps.com/learn/dictionary/cannabinol-cbn/

https://thesleepdoctor.com/2018/10/03/is-cbn-the-next-big-thing-in-cannabis-therapy-for-sleep-mood-and-health/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sleep-newzzz/201908/research-shows-9-potential-health-benefits-cbn

CBD vs CBN

https://weedmaps.com/learn/cbd/cbn-vs-cbd

CBN has also shown potential as a treatment for sleep disorders, pain relief, and inflammation, among other medical benefits. For instance, in an analysis shared by Steep Hill Labs in 2017, researchers found that a 2.5-to-5 milligram dose of CBN was as effective as a 5-to-10 milligram dose of the pharmaceutical sedative diazepam.

CBN appears to be making its way to dispensaries--slowly. My research indicates Cal and Oregon have the best availability. They are the states that dominate on a search, invariably,other states must have it.

One product, reviewed looked very promising from a synergistic standpoint. And potential to use very low doses to be effective.

https://www.iheartjane.com/products/160071/epc-cbn-good-night-14ml-200mg

A .5ml serving has 4.23 THC and 1.812 CBN. Including around 40 mg of Limoene, 8.24 mg Linalool, and 2. Mg Myrcene--all helpful in relaxing.

Even 1/2 the recommended dose might be beneficial. On top of that the oil contains the essential oils listed on the box--all proven to assist with sleep. In fact, I use them in my diffuser at night.

If anyone comes across this product or similar ones and wants to try--let us know how it worked.

Also, one could incorporate a dose of CBD along with it.

I really don't know much about CBN beyond what have provided.

Cheers

NJstrength and group:

CBN

For those in legal states CBN may be something to consider.

A few links to help you in your research. Just copied those that have credibility.

What is it: https://weedmaps.com/learn/dictionary/cannabinol-cbn/

https://thesleepdoctor.com/2018/10/03/is-cbn-the-next-big-thing-in-cannabis-therapy-for-sleep-mood-and-health/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sleep-newzzz/201908/research-shows-9-potential-health-benefits-cbn

CBD vs CBN

https://weedmaps.com/learn/cbd/cbn-vs-cbd

CBN has also shown potential as a treatment for sleep disorders, pain relief, and inflammation, among other medical benefits. For instance, in an analysis shared by Steep Hill Labs in 2017, researchers found that a 2.5-to-5 milligram dose of CBN was as effective as a 5-to-10 milligram dose of the pharmaceutical sedative diazepam.

CBN appears to be making its way to dispensaries--slowly. My research indicates Cal and Oregon have the best availability. They are the states that dominate on a search, invariably,other states must have it.

One product, reviewed looked very promising from a synergistic standpoint. And potential to use very low doses to be effective.

https://www.iheartjane.com/products/160071/epc-cbn-good-night-14ml-200mg

A .5ml serving has 4.23 THC and 1.812 CBN. Including around 40 mg of Limoene, 8.24 mg Linalool, and 2. Mg Myrcene--all helpful in relaxing.

Even 1/2 the recommended dose might be beneficial. On top of that the oil contains the essential oils listed on the box--all proven to assist with sleep. In fact, I use them in my diffuser at night.

If anyone comes across this product or similar ones and wants to try--let us know how it worked.

Also, one could incorporate a dose of CBD along with it.

I really don't know much about CBN beyond what have provided.

Cheers

Blue, thanks. NJ is only medical state and supply can be very, very limited. No CBN products. Curious to know if Massachusetts has any .... that is the nearest legal state to me and I know many travel.

Your welcome NJ

Those living in Colo. and Pacific coast states have access to it.

Out of curiosity, when you medicate with cannabis how do you work it into your benzo schedule. I know from previous posts that you use when needed. It is great that it helps you sleep.

Cheers

I just take some of the tincture I make about an hour or half hour before bed. After having two weeks of very bad sleep, I have been sleeping very well. I take my benzo dose about two hours before bed so there is some separation between the two.

[52...]

I just take some of the tincture I make about an hour or half hour before bed. After having two weeks of very bad sleep, I have been sleeping very well. I take my benzo dose about two hours before bed so there is some separation between the two.

How many mgs do you think you take at night?  10 once did it for me, but I'm well over 50 now.

How many mgs do you think you take at night?  10 once did it for me, but I'm well over 50 now.

I honestly have no idea, like none at all. I use about 1/4 ounce of flower with high thc--think gorilla glue 4, skywalker kush, purple kush, to make a tincture that lasts about a month. When I do an "edible"--a firecracker is all I have ever tried, I use about an 1/8 of a tsp of ground flower.

[52...]
1/4 oz = ~7 grams.  If 20% potency, that's ~1400mg THC available for extraction.  Assuming an efficient extraction, that's around 45-ish mgs per night.  Probably works very well, I'm guessing.

I doubt the extraction process is that efficient. I soak the decarbed flower in vodka for at least five days, try to do longer. Used to use everclear which I thought worked better but can no longer get here. I know some dispensaries are now selling 10 mg thc lozenges and I would like to try them to see where my dosing really is. I would like to stop doing my crazy weed in the closet experiments!

[52...]

I doubt the extraction process is that efficient. I soak the decarbed flower in vodka for at least five days, try to do longer. Used to use everclear which I thought worked better but can no longer get here. I know some dispensaries are now selling 10 mg thc lozenges and I would like to try them to see where my dosing really is. I would like to stop doing my crazy weed in the closet experiments!

151 proof rum works well.  Anything with alcohol content over 50% works pretty well (infused, cask-strength single malt scotch is a delightful concoction).  80 proof vodka has a solubility limit of about 3mg THC per ml.  It will still work fine, but it takes more volume to extract efficiently.