Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I've been trying various forms of cannabis for the last couple of years since I've been back in the US and in a legal state.

At first I tried vaping and that seems to help me a lot with insomnia. I vape high CBD flower like Ringo's Gift, Cherry Wine and others.

A few months ago I decided to try edibles because the vape was rough on my lungs. So I tried a chocolate with very low THC and lots of CBD. Ever since then my sleep has been a lot better and my anxiety is more under control

I'm still taking benzos, unfortunately. I've had a rough taper and I've been on a long hold at 2mg of Valium. Are edibles still okay in my situation? I try to separate them by two hours.

I feel like the edibles are much better for my sleep than the flower now that I've gotten into this routine. Is that weird?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a tincture so similar to an edible in terms of onset/duration. I haven't had any issues and it is the only thing keeping me sane. I do though high THC and low CBD as anything with a lot of CBD for me keeps me awake.

[7b...]

I've been trying various forms of cannabis for the last couple of years since I've been back in the US and in a legal state.

At first I tried vaping and that seems to help me a lot with insomnia. I vape high CBD flower like Ringo's Gift, Cherry Wine and others.

A few months ago I decided to try edibles because the vape was rough on my lungs. So I tried a chocolate with very low THC and lots of CBD. Ever since then my sleep has been a lot better and my anxiety is more under control

I'm still taking benzos, unfortunately. I've had a rough taper and I've been on a long hold at 2mg of Valium. Are edibles still okay in my situation? I try to separate them by two hours.

I feel like the edibles are much better for my sleep than the flower now that I've gotten into this routine. Is that weird?

Nothing weird about it, IMO.  Edibles/tinctures last longer.  I'm glad it's working for you.

When I was at my baseline I was eating thc/cbd chocolate and it really help for sleep when needed, now in this setback I’m afraid to try it 🙁

I was just approved for a card and made my first visit to the dispensary on Saturday.  I'm a total novice and would love to learn and share experiences with others who medicate with cannabis.  I'm curious what strains/forms people are using, and how is it working for you?

I am happy to help had my card for 4 yrs and researched so so much. What you need to know is everyone is different and what works for one may not for another. What symptoms are you trying to alieve and what is the menu to choose from? I can help you figure out what to try.

My best friend, who is a nurse, has suggested that I try CBD oil for my withdrawal symptoms to see if it helps.  I have a very sensitive CNS and have been tapering slowly since late January from Ativan by dry cutting and weighing.  My main symptoms are a heavy feeling in my head with some off balance issues and new pins and needles type feeling along with strange muscle contractions in my feet.  My hands feel weird, as do my feet.  I am beginning to have some GI issues with not being able to eat much and certain foods are definitely not my friend.  I am wanting to hear from people who have tried the oil and did it help and what were the side effects or how did it make you feel.  I am currently working and have to be able to function at my job, quitting or taking time off is not an option, although my fear is that it is going to happen in the near future if things continue as they are. 

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am reaching a point of desperation at this point!

Maggie

CBD oil helped my GI issues immensely. I recommend going with a trusted brand--I know it is expensive but I like Charlotte's Web CBD oil. Just start low and build up. The Realm of Caring is a nonprofit you can reach out to for advice on getting started. They are very helpful. I don't have your other symptoms so can't comment on that.

They have cbd oil at the Cumberland farms were I live it's 20.00 for a little bottle and you have to take a whole dropper I've never tried it or any other cannibals do you think I should try less

[7b...]

They have cbd oil at the Cumberland farms were I live it's 20.00 for a little bottle and you have to take a whole dropper I've never tried it or any other cannibals do you think I should try less

That's not much information to go on.  How much CBD is in the bottle?  What's the size of the bottle?  You want to know how many milligrams of CBD are in a dropperful.  Then you can adjust the dose with some insight. 

fwiw - I usually think it's wise for newbies to just try a few milligrams of CBD and just once (then wait a day).  See if you feel any different, and if so, determine if that difference desirable or not.  If the effect was beneficial, and if you want to try a little more, just increase by a small amount.  If you get up to 20 mgs with no effect, I don't think I'd try any more.  Just my 2 cents...

Just my own opinion, but I would only use CBD from a source I knew was reliable. Because now you can get CBD anywhere. I only use products recommended by the Realm of Caring (theroc.us is their website address, middle of first page there is a link of recommended products). Yes, it is more expensive but you know it is high quality.

This is my preferred list of CBD companies who I trust, are local to me and sell online. I work in the cannabis industry in CO. Our growers actually started a hemp crop a couple seasons ago; hopefully we'll start shipping one day. We regularly stock our shelves with many of these products.

CBDistillery https://www.thecbdistillery.com/

Mary's Nutritionals https://marysnutritionals.com/

The Clear https://theclearcbd.com/

I also like Charlotte's Web; we just don't carry them anymore because they stopped selling the advanced formula to dispensaries in an attempt to go more mainstream and we didn't appreciate that. I do recommend them, though, and if you haven't heard, they're going to be available at a ton of Kroger grocery locations soon. My hope is expansion never affects their quality.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/charlottes-web-hemp-cbd-topical-products-expanding-to-1-350-kroger-stores-across-22-states-300892098.html

A word of warning to people in legal states. There are some products out there that they mix essential oils with. I know essential oils can be safe but I was recently about to purchase a Cbd cartridge that had a blend of essential oils in it. I dont know about you but vaping essential oils does not sound like a good idea. I am also curious if the turpentine's they put into the products are safe?

This is the product

https://fairwindscannabis.com/product/release-vape/

It also lists Proprietary Blend in most of their products which could be who knows what

A word of warning to people in legal states. There are some products out there that they mix essential oils with. I know essential oils can be safe but I was recently about to purchase a Cbd cartridge that had a blend of essential oils in it. I dont know about you but vaping essential oils does not sound like a good idea. I am also curious if the turpentine's they put into the products are safe?

This is the product

https://fairwindscannabis.com/product/release-vape/

It also lists Proprietary Blend in most of their products which could be who knows what

I've tried numerous samples of vape carts with different essential oils in their blends. Some people dig it; I personally don't. Vaping lavender is an experience I'd like to forget, but likely won't. Ugh.  :laugh:

What I do like, are blends with terpenes added instead. So tasty!

Not a big fan of vaping. I can taste the extraction chemicals, probably because I usually use my brother’s home grown organic CBD. Any other delivery method is better than inhalation as far as overall safety.

I make my own tinctures -- both CBD and THC. I buy the flower bud from growers I trust. Yes, it's a little fiddly, but at least I know exactly what I'm getting.  ;)

Anyone who wants my "recipe" just PM me.

Katz

Not a big fan of vaping. I can taste the extraction chemicals, probably because I usually use my brother’s home grown organic CBD. Any other delivery method is better than inhalation as far as overall safety.

yeah i should just make my own tincture .

Anyone on here from Canada or legal states with marijuana based CBD oil experience? I am about to purchase a high CBD very low THC oil.

I am very nervous, I seem to react to everything with anxiety. I don't even like to be too sedated as that even makes me anxious as I feel like I'm losing control.

I am from a legal state and have used high CBD/low THC to help with nausea. Just start low and gradually increase your dose. You should be fine!! I hope it brings you relief.

Thank you! Do you find it calming? Anxiety/panic is my main symptom.

I take CBD every morning to help with anxiety. Some take it at night for sleep too, but I use THC for that. I consider it as helpful as other supplements I take, like ashwaganda, GABA, L-theanine and melatonin. It's not the miracle cannabinoid that is THC for me, but I believe it helps. I see THC as medicine, CBD as more of a wellness supplement in my toolbox. It can affect everyone differently, but yes, I do find it calming.

I take CBD every morning to help with anxiety. Some take it at night for sleep too, but I use THC for that. I consider it as helpful as other supplements I take, like ashwaganda, GABA, L-theanine and melatonin. It's not the miracle cannabinoid that is THC for me, but I believe it helps. I see THC as medicine, CBD as more of a wellness supplement in my toolbox. It can affect everyone differently, but yes, I do find it calming.

Hey aurora,

Thanks for the reply :) I am curious, are you still med free? I am being pressured to take SSRIs as I have severe situational anxiety. I am so very scared of taking meds at this point as my nervous system is so sensitive, but also feel I want to get out of the house and be there for my family. That's why I am looking at the CBD and other options for anxiety - what works best for you?

Hey aurora,

Thanks for the reply :) I am curious, are you still med free? I am being pressured to take SSRIs as I have severe situational anxiety. I am so very scared of taking meds at this point as my nervous system is so sensitive, but also feel I want to get out of the house and be there for my family. That's why I am looking at the CBD and other options for anxiety - what works best for you?

Yes...still med-free. 26 months! I'm committed to not taking any more psych meds. NO SSRIs ever worked for me. My cannabis recommending doctor, a former ER doc for decades, is 100% behind me and thinks I can do it. Thank goodness I have one doctor in this world who I can trust. It's a very personal and medical decision for sure; I definitely recognize not everyone can go completely med-free.

I still have a lot of anxiety, but know it's still my CNS healing, because it's very fight or flight-y, and comes in waves, sometimes for hours, sometimes for days. I experienced a pretty significant setback; on my first anniversary, I found out my mom's breast cancer metastasized, and she passed 4 days after my second anniversary. I absolutely think I'm behind on healing from this significant loss.

Right now, I'm taking CBD, ashwaganda, a probiotic, and two Olly gummies, the Goodbye Stress (GABA, L-Theanine, Lemon Balm) and Sleep (Melatonin, L-Theanine, Botanicals) formulas. I also use THC daily.

The BIGGEST thing that's helping my mental health right now is exercise. I go to 6 group fitness classes a week. I've been going to cardio kickboxing since my taper and it's changed my life in so many positive ways. I've been working out my mental issues on the mat in a very supportive environment and becoming a strong, healthy badass in the process. I've lost almost 35 pounds and gained not only muscle, but confidence and new social skills too!

Do you ingest the oil or just apply topically?

Topicals will absorb a little via the skin over time, but if it were me I'd try an 18:1 oil cartridge for quick relief of anxiety, or ingest the oil if you can wait an hour or so for relief.

Yes...still med-free. 26 months! I'm committed to not taking any more psych meds. NO SSRIs ever worked for me. My cannabis recommending doctor, a former ER doc for decades, is 100% behind me and thinks I can do it. Thank goodness I have one doctor in this world who I can trust. It's a very personal and medical decision for sure; I definitely recognize not everyone can go completely med-free.

I still have a lot of anxiety, but know it's still my CNS healing, because it's very fight or flight-y, and comes in waves, sometimes for hours, sometimes for days. I experienced a pretty significant setback; on my first anniversary, I found out my mom's breast cancer metastasized, and she passed 4 days after my second anniversary. I absolutely think I'm behind on healing from this significant loss.

Right now, I'm taking CBD, ashwaganda, a probiotic, and two Olly gummies, the Goodbye Stress (GABA, L-Theanine, Lemon Balm) and Sleep (Melatonin, L-Theanine, Botanicals) formulas. I also use THC daily.

The BIGGEST thing that's helping my mental health right now is exercise. I go to 6 group fitness classes a week. I've been going to cardio kickboxing since my taper and it's changed my life in so many positive ways. I've been working out my mental issues on the mat in a very supportive environment and becoming a strong, healthy badass in the process. I've lost almost 35 pounds and gained not only muscle, but confidence and new social skills too!

Wow good for you! My anxiety is BAD. I have panic disorder. I wish I could exercise, I can walk, swim etc anything light. But I get heart palps and bad anxiety from aerobic exercise, I really don't know why. This started after benzos.

I hope the CBD helps.