Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

Wondering if someone can help me with MATH with dosing cannabis oil (homemade).

I used 1/4 ounce (so 7 grams I think) of a 1:1 strain, said THC was 7 and CBD was 7.

I am infusing this into 1/2 cup olive oil.

I would like to begin with a 5 mg dose of THC. I think that means I should take 1/4 ounce of the oil. Is this correct? I am trying to use an online calculator. I find this very confusing.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey there NJ, I nearly lost my mind trying to figure this out myself.  :crazy:  Seriously it’s so confusing and intimidating isn’t it? This is the calculator I use. I’m excited they’ve recently added the cbd calculations as well.

https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator/

I’ll try to talk you through and keep it as simple as possible.

When I enter those numbers I get 490 mgs of both thc and cbd each for the entire infusion.

The amount of mgs per teaspoon is 20.42.

I calculate how many mgs are in each drop. I ignore all the calculations for serving size and use the teaspoon mg number alone to determine this. There are roughly 100 drops in a teaspoon. Actually according to google there are 98 but hey I don’t need to be that perfect I use 100 because the math is easier.

If a teaspoon contains 100 drops all I do to calculate this is divide 20.42 by 100. Make sense?

20.42 / 100 = 0.20 mgs per drop. That’s two tenths of a mg per drop. Therefore....

5 drops = 1 mgs

15 drops = 5 mgs

I usually take a screen shot of my calculations to label my infusions and also for reference. If you make a few infusions it does become easier I promise! I finally invested in one of these since I make a lot of infused oils.

https://ardentcannabis.com/

Hope this makes it a little easier to understand.

:smitten:

Thanks so much! I did use an ardent to make it!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Math genius that I am I already need to edit my post.  :D  Hope you caught my error.  :idiot:

5 drops = 1 mg

25 drops = 5 mgs

I love my ardent!

:smitten:

Ardent is a machine that decarbs weed with less odor. You can also make butter/tincture in it.

Thanks Saga for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to pop in to recommend the strain Pineapple Fields. It has been a game changer for me. It elevates my mood, calms my anxiety, quiets the intrusive thoughts without making me paranoid like other high-THC strains. But the best part is the clear-headed motivation boost. I was dubious at the dispensary when they told me it would make me want to open all my windows and clean my house...but that's exactly what happened! Has anyone else had a good experience with this strain?

Gwinna, I'm surprised. In my area it is a 24% sativa, which is not at all a low THC strain. But you say it doesn't make you paranoid and calms your anxiety. So maybe I'll give it a try. I could use a motivation boost.  ;)

I'd pretty much given up on sativas as they make me too goofy.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Katz

Gwinna, I'm surprised. In my area it is a 24% sativa, which is not at all a low THC strain. But you say it doesn't make you paranoid and calms your anxiety. So maybe I'll give it a try. I could use a motivation boost.  ;)

I'd pretty much given up on sativas as they make me too goofy.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Katz

Hi Katz,

Yup, it's a high THC strain. Typically those make me paranoid and make the looping, intrusive thoughts worse. I was going for 1:1 strains and those helped for a while, but I was pretty lethargic. Pineapple Fields has done the most for my mood, hands down. If you try it, let me know how you like it!

Gwinna

I just wanted to pop in to recommend the strain Pineapple Fields. It has been a game changer for me. It elevates my mood, calms my anxiety, quiets the intrusive thoughts without making me paranoid like other high-THC strains. But the best part is the clear-headed motivation boost. I was dubious at the dispensary when they told me it would make me want to open all my windows and clean my house...but that's exactly what happened! Has anyone else had a good experience with this strain?

Thanks for the review and recommendation! I always appreciate finding Sativas I can benefit from without anxiety. It's definitely how I get most things done around the house. Looks like one dispensary sells it in my area. I work in one and don't shop around often, so I'll have to make a special trip sometime. Thanks again!

[07...]

I used 1/4 ounce (so 7 grams I think) of a 1:1 strain, said THC was 7 and CBD was 7.

I would like to begin with a 5 mg dose of THC. I think that means I should take 1/4 ounce of the oil. Is this correct? I am trying to use an online calculator. I find this very confusing.

Thanks for any advice.

I don't recommend infusing directly into olive oil.  Oils like that extract very inefficiently due to their viscosity, so much of the medicine will be left in the flower.  Personally, I recommend making a RSO using 95% ethanol, then adding the RSO directly to the olive oil. 

Hey everybody, does anyone know if use of THC impedes recovery from a scientific standpoint? I can’t read all 294 pages of this topic, but I have done a search and have seen that THC can mess with dopamine and GABA?? I agree that mmj can provide relief. I’m just wondering if it’s best to totally abstain to speed up healing. Thanks

I am thinking of trying CBD oil this summer and wondered about recommendations. I want to try some without any THC in it. I am dealing with anger and anxiety around my family.

I just ordered Lazarus Naturals cbd flavorless oil. Day 1

Thanks for any advice.

I don't recommend infusing directly into olive oil.  Oils like that extract very inefficiently due to their viscosity, so much of the medicine will be left in the flower.  Personally, I recommend making a RSO using 95% ethanol, then adding the RSO directly to the olive oil.

Thanks for the reply. I was infusing into olive oil for my son, who we think has Crohn's, to avoid the alcohol. He is 16. Turns out he really didn't want to try it, he was really sick so we bought the bullet and put him on Humira, which is a scary drug--he started on Friday and is feeling better already although these are "loading" (huge) doses of medicine so not sure how he will be when he takes a more scary dose.

I actually used a bit of the oil this morning, kept it in the refrigerator so it is not a liquid anymore, and wow, it hit me very hard. And I barely took anything at all!

[07...]

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for the reply. I was infusing into olive oil for my son, who we think has Crohn's, to avoid the alcohol. He is 16. Turns out he really didn't want to try it, he was really sick so we bought the bullet and put him on Humira, which is a scary drug--he started on Friday and is feeling better already although these are "loading" (huge) doses of medicine so not sure how he will be when he takes a more scary dose.

I actually used a bit of the oil this morning, kept it in the refrigerator so it is not a liquid anymore, and wow, it hit me very hard. And I barely took anything at all!

Cannabinoids are certainly extracted into warm oils.  It's just not as efficient compared to extracting into a thin (low viscosity) solvent such as alcohol.  Alcohol is a good solvent, but I understand about wanting to be careful exposing your kid to alcohol. 

Thanks for the review and recommendation! I always appreciate finding Sativas I can benefit from without anxiety. It's definitely

You're welcome, auroragoryalyce! Let me know if you try it. I am curious if others will have the same positive experience that I am having.

I smoked weed in the past and it always made me sleepy, regardless of the type of weed, I live in a third world country (Costa Rica) where marijuana is not legal nor closer to be. We do not have an advanced dispensary, which can tell us the composition of each flower or tincture. We only have illegal marijuana whose components we do not know. Do you think it would be too risky to try a pot from the black market? I'm not looking to get high, I'm just desperate to sleep and be able to go back to work!

I recently bought a vape pen,

the oil that I got only says "Hybrido" the provider says that he guarantees that it will put me to sleep. Although I guess that could also drive me crazy with anxiety and paranoia in the process, just imagine that the name is "Gorilla Glue"  :idiot:

I have been using Gorilla Glue and I sleep great. Last two nights I fell asleep watching tv which I never do! I hope it works for you. To avoid the anxiety and paranoia, which I have not experienced with this strain, just start low.

Luna, I've used Gorilla Glue in the past and it does a great job of making me mellow and putting me to sleep.

This is what Wikileaf says about it:

the buzz goes straight to the head. The effect is heavy-handed as this is a couch-locking strain. You will feel the effect immediately and it will “glue” you to the couch and deliver relaxation and euphoria.

Just what I needed! Hope it helps you.

Katz

[07...]

I smoked weed in the past and it always made me sleepy, regardless of the type of weed, I live in a third world country (Costa Rica) where marijuana is not legal nor closer to be. We do not have an advanced dispensary, which can tell us the composition of each flower or tincture. We only have illegal marijuana whose components we do not know. Do you think it would be too risky to try a pot from the black market? I'm not looking to get high, I'm just desperate to sleep and be able to go back to work!

I do recall having similar (good sleeping) experiences with street pot back in my high school daze, but please understand that we cannot condone the use of illegally-obtained drugs.  I understand that some people do it that way, but we just can't go there in a forum discussion.

I am very new to this topic and trying to read through the very long thread. I am currently tapering Valium and I added in CBD oil about 2 months ago.

The one I am using is Premium Jane, these are the ingredients (bottle size is 1 oz 30ml/600 mg):

Ingredients:

· Hemp extract

· MCT oil

· Natural flavoring

· Terpenes

It says raw hemp oil extract Cannabidoil (CBD) 15 mg.

I am not necessarily noticing much help with it, possibly added sleep issues with the higher dose CBD oil. It seems I did better on the lower dose CBD, 30 ml/300 mg. Can anyone one explain why this would be?

My state will be legal the first of the year, I am looking forward to that. I need something to counter anxiety.

Thanks.

CBD oil does not help me sleep. I actually use it when I need to feel more awake. I use marijuana with thc to help me sleep.

Thanks, NJS.

I won't take any close to bedtime from now on and I think I will go back to the lower dose CBD oil.

My doctor won't give me an MM card, so I will have to wait until the 1st of the upcoming year. I don't want to buy by other means as you don't know what you are getting and I have a lot of availability around me, jut too uncertain of what one is getting that way.

I waited until I could legally get a medical marijuana card so I totally understand where you are coming from. For me, it has made a world of difference as I sleep well almost every night and no longer vomit all the time!

I mixed a 50/50 of 13% CBD with a 17% THC strain, vaped it and it does nothing for my muscle problems. I don't understand why many studies say it helps nervous system disorders like MS, spasticity, dystonia, dyskinesia's etc... when for me it does nothing to release my muscle spasticity.

I mixed a 50/50 of 13% CBD with a 17% THC strain, vaped it and it does nothing for my muscle problems. I don't understand why many studies say it helps nervous system disorders like MS, spasticity, dystonia, dyskinesia's etc... when for me it does nothing to release my muscle spasticity.

Have you tried other ratios/strains, etc. I think it is all trial and error to be honest.