Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

CBD has been very helpful for me. I have had 0 negative side effects.

Hi, May I ask you how much was the starting dose for you and did you felt better right away?

Did you had to go higher after time ? How long you were taking it? Are you still on it?

How soon you felt is helping you? It was only CBD or THC too?

I hoping to hear from you!

Love and healing

Vica

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

0.2 mg is a very very low dose.  Are you sure it's that amount?? and not 0.2 ml or 2.0 mg.  I usually tell people to start around 5 mg which is still a very low dose.

Hi badsocref, yes it is 0.2 ml what I'm taking. That's what my doctor recommended 2 times a day.

Is it 0.2 ml =2 mg??? I have no idea how is works

VIca

[a7...]

Bumping this up for a member:

My mother is 71 years old. It is 5 years since she discontinued Mogadon (benzodiazepine). She sleeps very little at night. Only 1 to max 3 hours. The reason is that she has so much cramps throughout the muscles. When she goes to bed, she has to get up after 10 minutes to get rid of the cramps.

She has had it like that for 5 years. Therefore, we see no other way out than trying out Sativex (medical cannabis). We hope it will help her with all the spasticity and cramps.

Her doctor also agrees that we try medical cannabis and he has written a prescription for this medicine to my mother. She will start with the medicine in a few weeks.

I see a lot of people asking about muscle pain, muscle tension, muscle relaxation and cannabis.  Well I don't have any answers yet, but I am looking for the same thing. 

I've been reading on leafly, trying to figure out what strains will help with this.  I recently read about one strain that was supposed to be good for migraines.  The reason it was said to be good for migraines was not because it relaxed muscles or killed pain, but it made you feel euphoric, so you didn't care about the headache anymore.  I think a lot of medicinal marijuana works this way.  It sucks that a lot of people are limited with usage of THC, but I do think it does have its purpose and can be helpful for pain. 

Bumping this up for a member:

My mother is 71 years old. It is 5 years since she discontinued Mogadon (benzodiazepine). She sleeps very little at night. Only 1 to max 3 hours. The reason is that she has so much cramps throughout the muscles. When she goes to bed, she has to get up after 10 minutes to get rid of the cramps.

She has had it like that for 5 years. Therefore, we see no other way out than trying out Sativex (medical cannabis). We hope it will help her with all the spasticity and cramps.

Her doctor also agrees that we try medical cannabis and he has written a prescription for this medicine to my mother. She will start with the medicine in a few weeks.

Have you tried a magnesium supplement? That might help with muscle cramps. Some people get diarrhea with magnesium so you can just try a magnesium cream or lotion or an epsom salt bath. I find it helps immensely.

[f6...]

0.2 mg is a very very low dose.  Are you sure it's that amount?? and not 0.2 ml or 2.0 mg.  I usually tell people to start around 5 mg which is still a very low dose.

Hi badsocref, yes it is 0.2 ml what I'm taking. That's what my doctor recommended 2 times a day.

VIca

What product, specifically, are you taking.  Can you point to it on a web page somewhere?

VIca

What product, specifically, are you taking.  Can you point to it on a web page somewhere?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj_mJKXsdbaAhXM5IMKHb6eAbYQFggMMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tweedmainstreet.com%2Fcollections%2Favailable&usg=AOvVaw0DTlarYHItRhzZX7KmsW9c

I use the yello

Only 0.2 ml 2 times ( morning and evening)

Is it to much?

I don't have any relief. But they recommendeded a blue for me too for night.  I can't take it. THC give me more head pain.

Talk to baylissa yesterday she was not big fan of CBD. Did not work for her. I'm scared now.

Is it easy to come off CBD when we use it for months or years?

Can I just stop it after 2 weeks if is not working for me? Or I should give a chance and go higher maybe it will work... I'm so scared, I don't know what to do....

Thanks for writhing me back.

Love and healing

Vica

[f6...]

Vica - it sounds like you must be taking 0.2 ml per dose (not 0.2 mg).  0.2 ml equals 4 mg, so two doses a day would give you 8 mg per day.  I think that's a decent place to start.  Many (probably most) people take higher doses than that.  So I don't think that you're taking too much.  You might even need more than that, but I'd try it for a week before making that assessment.

Stopping cannabinoids is kind of like stopping coffee (caffeine).  They're both addicting substances, but only just barely.  The withdrawal is usually short and not intense.  I take little breaks occasionally, and usually I feel like I'm through with the withdrawal in about 3 days.  I usually sleep a little worse, and I get a little grouchier.  Maybe a mild headache.  Then I'm back to normal.  It's nothing like a benzo withdrawal - even for long-time users.

FWIW here's what I do for muscle cramps & pain, and insomnia.

I usually take a hot bath at night with a cup of magnesium sulfate. That's helpful.

But most helpful is this: I make a tincture of a high THC indica -- whatever the dispensary has on hand. I've used Gorilla Glue and currently am using Ogre. An INDICA, not a sativa. And preferably not a hybrid. I suffer from muscle cramps in my left leg due to a botched back surgery. Prior to using marijuana, I used Neurontin. Meh. Not so good. I tapered that off.

Three drops of my tincture in a bit of juice and I have no cramping in my legs at night. I get very relaxed, which also helps with sleep. I do not feel euphoric. And I feel definitely okay the next morning. I have a long drive every day and have never felt impaired in the a.m.

I feel for the 71 year old lady who suffers from muscle cramps. Sativex? It might work. But isn't it derived from a sativa?

I can PM anyone with my tincture "recipe" if you want it. Badsocref provided me with information that helped me make it, so no worries that it's some wild and crazy concoction.  ::)

Hope this helps someone.

Katz

VIca

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj_mJKXsdbaAhXM5IMKHb6eAbYQFggMMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tweedmainstreet.com%2Fcollections%2Favailable&usg=AOvVaw0DTlarYHItRhzZX7KmsW9c

I use the yello

Only 0.2 ml 2 times ( morning and evening)

Is it to much?

I don't have any relief. But they recommendeded a blue for me too for night.  I can't take it. THC give me more head pain.

Talk to baylissa yesterday she was not big fan of CBD. Did not work for her. I'm scared now.

Is it easy to come off CBD when we use it for months or years?

Can I just stop it after 2 weeks if is not working for me? Or I should give a chance and go higher maybe it will work... I'm so scared, I don't know what to do....

Thanks for writhing me back.

Love and healing

Vica

4mg twice per day really isn't very much. I sell CBD at work and recommend people start with a 5-10mg dosage once or twice per day and go up from there if desired. I really don't think it's too much; I feel it's too less to really reap any benefits.

I just upped my dosage from 35mg once a day to 50mg twice a day, and since I prefer to just take it in the morning, I just take my whole dosage, which is 100mg. I'm not feeling any adverse effects and that's a HIGH dosage. I think anything negative you feel probably isn't from the CBD. It's an antioxidant and neuroprotectant, all good things for the mind and body. It helps counteract the negative effects of THC, like anxiety and paranoia.

If you want to take more to see if it helps, you certainly could, but you could also just stop taking it and be done with it, especially if it's causing you anxiety just thinking about it. I really don't think such a small dose only taken a couple times is going to cause you any discomfort. I've gone on and off this stuff numerous times. Best of luck!

Vica - it sounds like you must be taking 0.2 ml per dose (not 0.2 mg).  0.2 ml equals 4 mg, so two doses a day would give you 8 mg per day.  I think that's a decent place to start.  Many (probably most) people take higher doses than that.  So I don't think that you're taking too much.  You might even need more than that, but I'd try it for a week before making that assessment.

Stopping cannabinoids is kind of like stopping coffee (caffeine).  They're both addicting substances, but only just barely.  The withdrawal is usually short and not intense.  I take little breaks occasionally, and usually I feel like I'm through with the withdrawal in about 3 days.  I usually sleep a little worse, and I get a little grouchier.  Maybe a mild headache.  Then I'm back to normal.  It's nothing like a benzo withdrawal - even for long-time users.

Thank you badsocref so much!!!! I'm saying good bye to BB for a wile bc is make my symptoms worst when I see some people here how long and how much they are suffering.

I'm in a bad place right now and I still don't know I will survive this withrawl hell but right now I have to stay away from BB and let the healing begin. Hopefully with CBD will give me some relief. I will take it slow but will go higher to hoping some relief from this suffering.

If I will get better I will come back to let bb know it is worked for me.

Thank you again all your support.

Love and healing

Vica :smitten:

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read through all the pages, but I have a question. Did anyone have bad experience with CBD oil?

Mine is full spectrum sublingual CBD, no THC in it. It makes me feel intoxicated, panicked and makes my nausea worse, also gives me a slight headache, also kills my appetite. Pretty much the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Oh, it does make me tired and not in a good relaxed way.

I am getting a little tired of these paradoxical reactions. Hoping someone had the same experience. Don't like feeling like a weirdo  :laugh:

Hi all.  I’m about a year and a half out from my last benzo and recently started taking CBD without THC.  I am one of those with tinnitus and brain fog hanging around.  I figured I’d give CBD a try and I had an immediate positive reaction that was so subtle I didn’t notice until a few hours after my dose.  It was a combination of being able to focus, retain new information, and being a lot more clear-headed and happy.  It was kinda shocking to me and it took a bit for me to realize that the only thing I did differently during my day was take CBD.  Count me in as a fan.

I could not smoke anymore if I had it, I have one “ high “ (some physical relief) left.

Too bad no one wants to talk about this kind of thing... the unfortunate drawbacks!

I could not smoke anymore if I had it, I have one “ high “ (some physical relief) left.

Too bad no one wants to talk about this kind of thing... the unfortunate drawbacks!

You had a drawback from getting high? It has happened to others as well. Hope u feel better

I have tried near 0% THC (rolled and smoked), very smooth,not like cigarettes. None of the paranoia

that comes with THC strains (I tried it once, paranoia was too much).

I need to try more before giving the thumbs up or down.

Like one or two deep inhales per day, for a week.

-Justaman

Hi justaman,

I’m on 3.5-4mg of klonopin increasing from .5 since 2010.. Could you explain you crossover to Valium from k pin? The equivalent doses?

How the process worked, like all at once switch or one dose at a time?

Why did you cross over?

We’re you on seroquel & the other phych Meds mentioned during your taper?

How was your withdrawal during & after k pin taper?

Thanks be well

I just needed to share that I am crying tears of joy as I contacted a medical marijuana doctor through email this morning and he already wrote back that he has experience using medical marijuana to get people off of benzos and to call him later today to get the process started.

I just started a new job a few weeks ago, and the weeks leading up to the job change and off and on since starting have been horrendous with nausea and difficulty sleeping. I am struggling to taper or even maintain my dose without needing to updose. I am afraid I am going to lose this job (haven't called in sick but barely functional many days--I got two hours of sleep last night and am a complete mess today, luckily had planned to work from home today so being a mess is okay).

I know this will not be a miracle but I need to have some hopes that I can treat these symptoms with something less harmful than more klonopin.

I'm thrilled for you, NJstrength! My MMJ doc has been more helpful than any other doc I've seen during my journey. Not only did medical marijuana help me survive my taper and withdrawal, it's actually the reason I got off klonopin. (My pdoc failed to see my MMJ card in my file for YEARS, and when she finally did, she freaked out and cut me loose with 3 months' worth.) Now it's helping me with physical and mental symptoms left 11 months post-jump. It helps me with so many things. I added CBD and am pleased with it as well.

In many ways, I credit MMJ (and cannabis in general) for saving my life! It has been something of a miracle for me! I hope it works wonderfully for you!

I'm thrilled for you, NJstrength! My MMJ doc has been more helpful than any other doc I've seen during my journey. Not only did medical marijuana help me survive my taper and withdrawal, it's actually the reason I got off klonopin. (My pdoc failed to see my MMJ card in my file for YEARS, and when she finally did, she freaked out and cut me loose with 3 months' worth.) Now it's helping me with physical and mental symptoms left 11 months post-jump. It helps me with so many things. I added CBD and am pleased with it as well.

In many ways, I credit MMJ (and cannabis in general) for saving my life! It has been something of a miracle for me! I hope it works wonderfully for you!

Hi, I’m writing you because your signature says you’re med intolerant , as am I to many antidepressants. Wondering if you mind me asking you some questions?

You tolerated & were helped by Wellbutrin Sr for depression? What about anxiety?

Did Wellbutrin cause you any anxiety, insomnia, any other adverse effects while on it?

How did it help your depression?

Did you have withdrawal effects from stopping Wellbutrin?

Why did you take propanol?

If Wellbutrin helped, why did you stop it?

I’m not in an MJ state. You say the CBD oil helps you too? That’s legal everywhere right?

It looks like you did a pretty rapid taper from clonazapam?

Did/do you have withdrawal from doing so?

Thank you

Hi, I’m writing you because your signature says you’re med intolerant , as am I to many antidepressants. Wondering if you mind me asking you some questions?

You tolerated & were helped by Wellbutrin Sr for depression? What about anxiety?

Did Wellbutrin cause you any anxiety, insomnia, any other adverse effects while on it?

I’m not in an MJ state. You say the CBD oil helps you too? That’s legal everywhere right?

Thank you

I actually don't believe I was ever helped by wellbutrin; I merely tolerated it because they made me think I needed to take an antidepressant and that was the only one that didn't give me completely unacceptable side effects at first. I later found out it's known to ramp up anxiety and think it did that to me unknowingly. I stopped taking it because I don't think it ever helped me and I wanted off all psych meds forever. I'm doing just fine without it. I'm sure my withdrawal was worse from stopping klonopin and wellbutrin simultaneously. I couldn't wait to get off both of them, so I just did it.

They added propranolol to help keep me from updosing the klonopin. When I went to the doc last November, they said my BP was "awesome," mostly because I started eating healthy and taking cardio kickboxing classes 4 months into my taper, and to stop taking it. I should never have been prescribed it in the first place. I have asthma and it's a TERRIBLE beta blocker to prescribe to asthma patients. No wonder I couldn't breathe. And people wonder why I have so much trouble trusting doctors.  ::)

I actually executed a VERY LONG taper. It was 13 months long. That's not rapid by any means. I had acute withdrawal symptoms for 3 months, then it let up a little. I'm now just over 11 months off and symptoms are becoming manageable. My worst one is anxiety, which I had before benzos, and expect to still have if I don't learn good coping and stress-busting skills, which I'm working on.

Yes, CBD can definitely be helpful. It's a much more subtle benefit than THC for me, but it helps me stay focused and less anxious during the day. I work in a dispensary, so it's more accessible and affordable for me. You can buy it online, but beware of poor quality. I recommend www.cwhemp.com.

Thank you

I actually don't believe I was ever helped by wellbutrin; I merely tolerated it because they made me think I needed to take an antidepressant and that was the only one that didn't give me completely unacceptable side effects at first. I later found out it's known to ramp up anxiety and think it did that to me unknowingly. I stopped taking it because I don't think it ever helped me and I wanted off all psych meds forever. I'm doing just fine without it. I'm sure my withdrawal was worse from stopping klonopin and wellbutrin simultaneously. I couldn't wait to get off both of them, so I just did it.

They added propranolol to help keep me from updosing the klonopin. When I went to the doc last November, they said my BP was "awesome," mostly because I started eating healthy and taking cardio kickboxing classes 4 months into my taper, and to stop taking it. I should never have been prescribed it in the first place. I have asthma and it's a TERRIBLE beta blocker to prescribe to asthma patients. No wonder I couldn't breathe. And people wonder why I have so much trouble trusting doctors.  ::)

I actually executed a VERY LONG taper. It was 13 months long. That's not rapid by any means. I had acute withdrawal symptoms for 3 months, then it let up a little. I'm now just over 11 months off and symptoms are becoming manageable. My worst one is anxiety, which I had before benzos, and expect to still have if I don't learn good coping and stress-busting skills, which I'm working on.

Yes, CBD can definitely be helpful. It's a much more subtle benefit than THC for me, but it helps me stay focused and less anxious during the day. I work in a dispensary, so it's more accessible and affordable for me. You can buy it online, but beware of poor quality. I recommend www.cwhemp.com.

Thank you for the thorough response.

So when you say you had acute withdrawal for 3 months, you mean that happened while you were tapering? What was that like?

You say your just over 11 months off & your symptoms are just now becoming manageable, anxiety being the worst? Can you elaborate on how you’ve been feeling/functioning for the past 11 months?

Did you dry taper by cutting .25mg at a time from a starting dose of 2mg of clonazapam?

Sorry can’t see your sig right now, but how many years were on 2mg of klonopin per day?

What about all that depression you were trying to treat? How did you get that under control?

Thank you for all of your time & help

Thank you

Thank you for the thorough response.

So when you say you had acute withdrawal for 3 months, you mean that happened while you were tapering? What was that like?

You say your just over 11 months off & your symptoms are just now becoming manageable, anxiety being the worst? Can you elaborate on how you’ve been feeling/functioning for the past 11 months?

Did you dry taper by cutting .25mg at a time from a starting dose of 2mg of clonazapam?

Sorry can’t see your sig right now, but how many years were on 2mg of klonopin per day?

What about all that depression you were trying to treat? How did you get that under control?

Thank you for all of your time & help

You're welcome. You're going to want to go to the proper places on the forum to ask these questions. This is just a thread about medical marijuana and CBD. I'm happy to help, but don't want to clog this thread any further with off-subject material.

Go to the main page and scroll until you see "Planning Your Taper" and "Benzo Withdrawal and Recovery Support." That's where you want to be asking these questions.  ;)

Best of luck to you!

Hello,

I have been using a combination of CBD oil and Indica oil. It is subtle but I find that I am sleeping better and feeling less anxious. I agree that you have to give it time to build up. Good Luck!

So I am awaiting my card. May be two more weeks. I am really struggling with insomnia and nausea. Up all night vomiting many nights and I just started a new job with no sick tome accumulated yet so this has been a nightmare will marijuana really help with this? I am hanging on by a thread here and need some hope. I will have to call out tomorrow because I am a total mess but cannot keep doing this. Please share your thoughts.  Have thrown up every anti nausea medicine I have taken tonight.