Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group

[su...]

I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Af...]

• [Ma...]

• [Re...]

• [or...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I hope this doc is a good fit for you!

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I hope this doc is a good fit for you!

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was just wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me hope as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.

Aft35 years

I would like to know if cbn confcts with any receptor or metabolizer gene..  my research specifically stated that gaba is not affected. As soon as I am able, I will report my experience with this transdermal patch. 

Thank you for that pic of your mixture. 

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was just wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me hope as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.

Yes, we have a similar background, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I wish I had found my functional medicine MD sooner - I'm still repairing collateral damage that might have been prevented if I was better informed. You have every reason to have hope - count on it!

Aft35 years

I would like to know if cbn confcts with any receptor or metabolizer gene..  my research specifically stated that gaba is not affected. As soon as I am able, I will report my experience with this transdermal patch. 

It's my understanding that CBN doesn't affect GABA. The problem is with how CBD (not sure about CBN) is metabolized. See this, for example.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

Yes, we have a similar background, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I wish I had found my functional medicine MD sooner - I'm still repairing collateral damage that might have been prevented if I was better informed. You have every reason to have hope - count on it!

Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Aft35 years

I've never seen any studies that look into that with any cannabinoids. We desperately need that kind of info though. I'm afraid this whole avenue of medicine is just opening up, and we're at the forefront of trying to figure this out. I look forward to hearing about your experience, when and if the time is right.

Aft35 years

It's my understanding that CBN doesn't affect GABA. The problem is with how CBD (not sure about CBN) is metabolized. See this, for example.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

Wow - great article! You're a good researcher!

I am excited also.  Any movement to de throne the pharma companies would be a victory for all of us.  Your signature and positive experience with the cbn. Cnb. Ect. Already proves it's working.  The implications for so many suffering people would be a true miracle!@@

I am excited also.  Any movement to de throne the pharma companies would be a victory for all of us.  Your signature and positive experience with the cbn. Cnb. Ect. Already proves it's working.  The implications for so many suffering people would be a true miracle!@@

:thumbsup:  :smitten:

So I looked into it and it appears that CBD is metabolized by the P450 enzyme. That means I may not be a candidate for it while still tapering. Would CBN be the same? Can they even isolate CBN?

CBN turns out to be surprisingly easy to make.  Just takes the right amount of heat and time and THC spontaneously degrades into CBN.  I've done it to some oils, although I have definitely not perfected the optimal time/temp.

I don't see a specific study on elimination of CBN, but since most cannabinoids are eliminated via P450 enzymes (predominantly by the CYP3A and CYP2C), it's logical to assume that CBN will follow a similar elimination path.  But unless you have a known deficiency of these enzymes, I don't see how that would matter???

I just got hired as  a Bud Tender in my neighborhood dispensary.  I got for free a big can of CBD honey that I use in my tea at nite. A teaspoon on my tea and Im gone for 8 hours. You all think to much about this and that, just buy something and smoke it or eat it and see how it works. Do

Green crack....Indica eatables

Budda sister

northen light

Bubba Kush

Canna Elixir 50mg IndicaCaramel

if you buy a hybrid, buy something that is 80%Indica dominant.

I just got hired as  a Bud Tender in my neighborhood dispensary.  I got for free a big can of CBD honey that I use in my tea at nite. A teaspoon on my tea and Im gone for 8 hours. You all think to much about this and that, just buy something and smoke it or eat it and see how it works. Do

Green crack....Indica eatables

Budda sister

northen light

Bubba Kush

Canna Elixir 50mg IndicaCaramel

if you buy a hybrid, buy something that is 80%Indica dominant.

Glama, it’s true, many of us become hyper-vigilant during our tapers and w/d, but it’s only because we’ve been harmed by medications that were supposedly ‘safe’. I think the cog fog of w/d also contributes to the ‘worry factor’, because for many of us, we simply can’t process new information without excessive effort. I’m 30 Mos Free, and I’m only just starting to ease up with my overthinking. Overthinking takes a lot of the fun out of life, for sure, but during w/d, sometimes it really does help us feel more safe. That’s great that you got a job a dispensary – I’ll bet you’re learn a lot from the people you work with.

Badsocref, I have a question for you. My CBN Oil is out of stock now. There won’t be any more in CT for several months. My dose is 20mg CBN/ night.  I have some nice indica flower, and I know I can convert some of the THC to CBN with my decarboxylator, but I’ve only seen sample results of this process expressed in percentages – for example, 2%CBN – is there any way to approximate how much of what percent would be close to 20mg?

Magnolis, There are members here who know much more about decarboxylation than I do.  They even know how to do it in their own kitchens. I hope they will chime in here. But I think I posted about my decarboxylator on the MMJ thread on the Insomnia board… Let me cut and paste some of what I said:

“I’ve also tried making my own CBN by converting the THC in the MJ flower to CBN through a process of decarboxylation.  I can’t have my house smelling like MJ because I have a child, so I bought an odorless decarboxylator, and I just love it.  It’s expensive, but it makes the MJ last so much longer that I’m sure I will recoup the cost within 6 months. It’s called the Ardent Nova, and the woman who designed it lives in MA. She's been very helpful to me. Here's her story:

http://www.ardentcannabis.com/founders-story/

If you’d like to learn more about decarboxylation, she has a free pdf download on her site called “Decarb Myths Debunked,” that is very well done.

http://www.ardentcannabis.com/education/

I won’t put a link to her product, because that would be a commercial link, but I do highly recommend it. It’s easy and it makes the flower sooo much more effective, I can use much less.”

And I can’t remember if I posted this already, but here’s a link to a good article about CBN:

https://www.medicaljane.com/2013/08/19/cannabinol-cbn-will-put-you-to-bed/

Badsocref, I have a question for you. My CBN Oil is out of stock now. There won’t be any more in CT for several months. My dose is 20mg CBN/ night.  I have some nice indica flower, and I know I can convert some of the THC to CBN with my decarboxylator, but I’ve only seen sample results of this process expressed in percentages – for example, 2%CBN – is there any way to approximate how much of what percent would be close to 20mg?

20mg is 2% of 1 gram, so if you made (and took) an oil from 1 grams of flower containing 2% CBN, you'd get 20 mg of CBN.  You'd probably also get 150-200 mg of THC which is a LOT!  I'm thinking that you may want to find another source of CBN or possibly learn how to make it yourself (from THC). 

Yikes! Thx Bads, too much THC was my concern, exactly. I have a cannabis-wise friend in NY, I may have to pay her a visit and get a lesson on how to do this myself. There’s not much demand for CBN here in CT yet. I don’t think most people even know what it is. We're still fledglings in the MMJ world. I think I will also contact the growers and plead, for what it’s worth.  :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be a miracle if through this forum we could start a solution to this horrible benzo addiction with the use of CBN and other forms of medical marijuana

Wouldn't it be a miracle if through this forum we could start a solution to this horrible benzo addiction with the use of CBN and other forms of medical marijuana

Magnolis, I think of this often. There's a lot of knowledgable people here. Studies have been done, and publicized, on how effective cannabis is for opioid-addiction recovery, I think MJ could be equally valuable to people recovering from benzos. I never could have imagined how much it would help me. I'm not done healing yet, but sleep is key for healing, and for the first time in my life I'm getting 'enough' sleep without a psych med. Here is a link to Dr. Dustin Sulak's study on MJ and opioid recovery. His site is also very valuable for general cannabis education. Challis introduced me to this site, and along with Badsocref, I consider her to be one of the most informed people on the forum.

http://healer.com/category/cannabis-and-opioids/

I am just beginning this process and I have a lot of fear of what lies ahead.  In  two weeks, I will be crossed over.  I am coherent today.  Thanks to this forum and the Ashton method, 2 weeks ago I was in tolerance and out of my mind.

I do not know tomorrow will bring and I am scared. I am trying to take less Valium than the "ashton recommendation" but who knows.

I do know that WHEN I get through this, I would be willing to do anything to help future "accidental addicts".

I have 2 sons in their 30's that were raised in Florida in one of the worst prescription drug abuse areas in the country. Through the grace of God, they did not do pills and are successful adults.  Many of their friends are on Xanax and k pin, and the cycle continues.

If this cycle could be broken, through the help of MM, it would be a true miracle that I would want to do anything to be a part of.

Magnolis, I think of this often. There's a lot of knowledgable people here. Studies have been done, and publicized, on how effective cannabis is for opioid-addiction recovery, I think MJ could be equally valuable to people recovering from benzos. I never could have imagined how much it would help me. I'm not done healing yet, but sleep is key for healing, and for the first time in my life I'm getting 'enough' sleep without a psych med. Here is a link to Dr. Dustin Sulak's study on MJ and opioid recovery. His site is also very valuable for general cannabis education. Challis introduced me to this site, and along with Badsocref, I consider her to be one of the most informed people on the forum.

http://healer.com/category/cannabis-and-opioids/

Thanks, Aft... the more I learn, the more I realize how much MORE there is to learn. 

Push benzodiazepines in to Schedule 1 and cannabis out.

:laugh:

From solice and peace.   

Im different than most in the fact that high CBD strains or CBD oil cause me increased pain. Same with chia seeds and flax oil. Both indica and sativa strains relieve my anxiety but I have stuck with hybrids and indicas during my taper.

I don't grow it myself and the menu changes frequently at the delivery service that I use, so I don't stick to just one strain, but my favorite so far has been Sunshine Daydream which is listed as one of the more potent psychoactive strains. People with anxiety are supposed to avoid the psychoactive stuff but not me! It helps me relax and let go of my control freak nature.

In fact, being open to trying new strains all the time has been good for my anxiety too. You have to relax into it and be willing to experience whatever each one happens to feel like. It's been two years now since I started smoking daily and it has been one of the most positive and rewarding things I've ever done.

But you do have to start really slow. Don't puff on it like a cigarette. Tiny puff. Wait 15 minutes before deciding if you want another tiny puff. Burning it hotter makes it more psychoactive. Tiny puffs that aren't burning too hot are better for beginners. I really believe that most people who get paranoid with it are just overdoing it too soon. I did that a couple of times when I first tried it and I thought it wasn't for me.

My mom really likes the CBD oil and everyone that I know likes the CBD strains for pain, but for me, it's just more headaches and more body pain with those. Increased anxiety too! As with everything else, you have to try things in small amounts and listen to your body. :thumbsup: