Author Topic: Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group  (Read 160152 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Medical Cannabis and Cannabis CBD Oil Group
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 11:31:48 pm »
Aft35 years

So you get a combo of cbn. Thc and cnb?  This is a mixed tincture?  Where do you get that?  Marys medicinals has a patch that's pure cbn. I will pm you with the location that has them for 1/2 off.  Are you in a legal status.  This patch is supposed to release product on intervals.  I'm still crossing [...] so I don't want to try it yet.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 11:37:46 pm »
So I looked into it and it appears that CBD is metabolized by the P450 enzyme. That means I [...] not be a candidate for it while still tapering. Would CBN be the same? Can they even isolate CBN?

Are you speaking of the Cytochrome CYP450? Did you have genetic profiling that indicates you're a poor metabolizer? If you had the test done by Genomas, I believe you can contact them and ask about the possible interactions. I'm deficient in other enzymes, and I've had to call them too. I know nothing about CYP450 though. [...] you can get an answer.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 11:50:14 pm »
Aft35 years

So you get a combo of cbn. Thc and cnb?  This is a mixed tincture?  Where do you get that?  Marys medicinals has a patch that's pure cbn. I will pm you with the location that has them for 1/2 off.  Are you in a legal status.  This patch is supposed to release product on intervals.  I'm still crossing [...] so I don't want to try it yet.

Thanks [...]. Yes, I [...] in CT and I have my card. PTSD dx. But we don't have patches and Mary's only ships to CO and CA, I believe. I don't use a tincture (although I have tried tinctures, but not with CBN), I use a concentrated oil in a syringe. I use two-tenths of a millimeter each night, so one syringe lasts me 5 nights. I've read very good reports about the patches though; I would definitely try them if I could. :thumbsup:
[...] for comparison, here's the label from the one I use. Divide the amounts by five for the nightly dose amount:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 11:59:40 pm »
So I looked into it and it appears that CBD is metabolized by the P450 enzyme. That means I [...] not be a candidate for it while still tapering. Would CBN be the same? Can they even isolate CBN?

Are you speaking of the Cytochrome CYP450? Did you have genetic profiling that indicates you're a poor metabolizer? If you had the test done by Genomas, I believe you can contact them and ask about the possible interactions. I'm deficient in other enzymes, and I've had to call them too. I know nothing about CYP450 though. [...] you can get an answer.

Yes, CYP450. I haven't had genetic testing. What that question comes from is the fact that I take Prilosec and I'm on 2mg of Valium (trying to finish my taper). My understanding is that both Valium and Prilosec compete for metabolising in your system, so Prilosec affects the Valium similar to the way grapefruit does. That's my understanding.

So basically I was wondering if, similarly, CBN would add one more medication to the mix that would be metabolized by the same enzymes.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 12:14:06 am »

Yes, CYP450. I haven't had genetic testing. What that question comes from is the fact that I take Prilosec and I'm on 2mg of Valium (trying to finish my taper). My understanding is that both Valium and Prilosec compete for metabolising in your system, so Prilosec affects the Valium similar to the way grapefruit does. That's my understanding.

So basically I was wondering if, similarly, CBN would add one more medication to the mix that would be metabolized by the same enzymes.

Hmm, I don't know.... But Prilosec is a Proton Pump Inhibitor... I had very bad reflux during my taper and I took a PPI too. Then, a year and a half ago, I started seeing an MD of functional medicine, and the first thing he did was help me taper off the PPI, b/c PPIs are so very hard on our digestive systems - they strip the good bacteria, and leave us more vulnerable to collateral illness. Benzo w/d causes that kind of damage too. My functional medicine MD switched me to Diglycerated Licorice , DGL, and it works even better than the PPI, with no ill effect on the gut. Most regular doctors don't really get into this gut stuff, but I've found it to be key to my recovery. Maybe you could find a functional medicine practitioner in your area who might be able to help you with your very good questions. Here is a link to their search tool: https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 12:16:21 am »
I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 12:18:49 am »
I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor in two weeks. I'm really excited about it. Out of curiosity, though, did you quit the Prilosec after quitting benzos? My understanding is that most people already on a PPI (17 years on Prilosec for me) should wait to quit until they've tapered.

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I [...] this doc is a good fit for you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:31 am »

Yes, I was 1Yr free before I found him. You have very good questions. I would wait to take any action until you have your consult. I [...] this doc is a good fit for you!

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was [...] wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me [...] as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 12:27:09 am »
Aft35 years

I would like to know if cbn confcts with any receptor or metabolizer gene..  my research specifically stated that gaba is not affected. As soon as I am able, I will report my experience with this transdermal patch. 
  Thank you for that pic of your mixture. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:24 am »

Thanks. I'm definitely going to wait. I was [...] wondering your situation. Looking at your sig it looks like you fought a tough battle. Congratulations. Gives me [...] as someone who was polydrugged for 13 years that I might have a chance.
Yes, we have a similar background, and it sounds like you're doing all the right things. I wish I had found my functional medicine MD sooner - I'm still repairing collateral damage that might have been prevented if I was better informed. You have every reason to have [...] - count on it!