Psychiatry: A Corrupt Marketing Scam Rather Than A Medical Speciality

[...]

Psychiatry: A Corrupt Marketing Scam Rather Than A Medical Specialty (What mental illness are YOU suffering from?)

By: Vernon Coleman, MB, ChB, DSc (Hon)

"All this must be added to the evidence which shows that most psychiatrists are no better qualified to diagnose or treat mental illness than the average hairdresser. I say this not as a writer but as a qualified, registered and fully licensed general practitioner who is thoroughly ashamed of this branch of medicine.

For example, a study of 131 randomly selected psychiatric patients showed that approximately three quarters of the patients had probably been wrongly diagnosed". 

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm  (To access the article, click on "Health" on the side bar).

From His Biography:

"He studied medicine at Birmingham Medical School and qualified as a doctor in 1970. He has worked both in hospitals and as a GP. He resigned from the health service on a matter of principle".

"Ref 3

`I'm Addicted To The Star'

The Star, 10.3.1988  >:(

Sample quote: `Dr Coleman has consistently called for rethinking on the drugs known as benzodiazepines. Now the Government's Committee on Safety of Medicines has reacted to Dr Coleman's campaign. They have issued stringent guidelines for the prescribing of the drugs. Mrs Currie (Health Minister) told a Commons standing committee that the Government acted because of Dr Coleman's columns in The Star. She said `Dr Coleman's articles, to which I refer with approval, raised concern about these important matters and I sent them to the appropriate bodies.'"

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/main.htm  (Click on "Blog and Contact")

:thumbsup:

Dr. Vernon Coleman:  "The sad truth is that psychiatry is the greatest con on earth."

I skimmed the article, it upsets me so much.  He sums it up very well.  Glad to see more doctors and experts exposing the truth about psychiatry. 

Thanks for this abcd.