Benzodiazepine Information Coalition's Website

[Su...]

Thanks to Baylissa Frederick (Bloom in Wellness) for posting the link on her Facebook page.

Here is a link to Benzodiazepine Information Coalition's Website, a new resource for the community. It has comprehensive information which will benefit everyone and the "Many Faces of Benzo Withdrawal" video is excellent!  Thanks to the founders and contributors:

http://www.benzoinfo.com/

Congratulations on getting off the benzos after 50 years!  What an accomplishment!

Thanks for posting the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition's Website!  It is great!

I just watched the video featuring people talking about their experiences. I don't have the right words. It's the same mixture of feelings I had when I first watched the Benzodiazepine Awareness Day videos. Sadness, empathy, anger, frustration,......

Thank you for sharing this link. Let's hope that much good comes from these efforts. The time for change is NOW!

Good stuff. I can't get enough of these  survivor videos that show real people talking about the same things I have been going through. It is incredibly validating to hear the words and see the faces of others who are going through this.

I am also very happy to see more articles that promote the importance of the distinction between addiction and dependence.

Such an amazing site. It has great info for Drs. Their YouTube channel has great videos too. Also they have a Facebook page. They are going to important conferences. This is so exciting! I donated.

Thank you Susie.  Excellent, much needed new site!  The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition's got a lot of good things in the works.  I see they've been invited to the 2017 U.S. Psychiatric and Mental Health Congress in New Orleans, and the 2017 World International Symposium in Bend, Oregon.  There is definitely a need for this in the US...well, everywhere.  I hope they get the volunteers they are looking for.

I also feel the same way as you Lapis, Terry and FG when I watch these videos - sadness, validation, empathy, anger, frustration.  Ultimately I end up feeling like I want to send it to everyone, so they finally get it.  I felt that way with the W-BAD video too and sent that to almost everyone, but this time I calmed down instead.  Whew.

I found this: 

"We are REALLY excited to officially announce the first benzodiazepine non profit in the United States, Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC). Laurie Irelind [i think a comma goes here] JC Marie and Jocelyn Hendren Pedersen with the help of other dedicated members of the community have created this coalition to implement changes outside of our community that will benefit those who have been harmed and those who have yet to fill a prescription."

I can't seem to post the link, I think because it's Facebook.  I'm not a Facebook member, but if you Google "who runs the benzodiazepine information coalition", a Facebook return comes up called, "Benzodiazepine Information Coalition - Timeline | Facebook.  Click on that and the above quote comes from the comment section and you can click on "Jocelyn".  You'll recognize her from the videos.

Also this:

"We are excited to announce that Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC) met it's goal for the first fundraiser within 24 hours! A great big thank you to everyone who got involved with the fundraiser and launch of BIC on social media." 

:thumbsup:

Thanks, benzohno! Good detective work! Did I miss it on the website? I thought perhaps there was some reason why I couldn't find any specific names and biographies attached to this project. Why wouldn't the names and bios be listed in the "About Us" section? Why wouldn't they introduce themselves formally -- especially if they're asking for money? Am I missing something?

I know Lapis, I thought the same thing.  No, you didn't miss it on the website.  It's not there.  This really should be information on the website, but apparently you have to be a Facebook member to find out everything, like members names, 24 hr fundraising event, not sure what else.  I'm a little disappointed by this.  I don't like Facebook.  This is how I found it (in bold):

I can't seem to post the link, I think because it's Facebook.  I'm not a Facebook member, but if you Google "who runs the benzodiazepine information coalition", a Facebook return comes up called, "Benzodiazepine Information Coalition - Timeline | Facebook.  Click on that and the above quote comes from the comment section and you can click on "Jocelyn".  You'll recognize her from the videos.

Thank you for this.

I sent the link to the video to my family and have begged them to watch it. Maybe they will watch it and see it's not just affecting me. I feel like they don't believe me. I don't even know how to ask for help. I don't know what  I need from day to day.

I just can't lie anymore when they ask "how are you?" I can't put on a happy face for them anymore.

I'm hurting, this is hard. I can make it an easier transition if they will know that this is real and that they get it.

Even if they don't. I will still get through this.

Thanks for posting this.

I know Lapis, I thought the same thing.  No, you didn't miss it on the website.  It's not there.  This really should be information on the website, but apparently you have to be a Facebook member to find out everything, like members names, 24 hr fundraising event, not sure what else.  I'm a little disappointed by this.  I don't like Facebook.  This is how I found it (in bold):

Thanks, benzohno. I really do think the participants should be upfront and let people know who they are on the actual website.

Thanks, benzohno. I really do think the participants should be upfront and let people know who they are on the actual website.

Hi, I'm one of the founders of the website (JC) - no you did not miss it.  We are doing an announcement and initiative to announce everyone later.  That list is not complete on who is involved.  I realize this can be confusing to those outside our main group  that this organization started from (benzodiazepine awareness and legal action on Facebook) but the launch was a soft launch for our group.

We are always open to input and ideas.  We want more ideas than just our own.  Right now we're busy building our medical board, and very happy with the doctors who have joined, they're very mainstream, which I find important.

If you have any more questions or some input you want to share feel free to email me from the website, I am rarely on benzo buddies.  I am humbled by how encouraging most people have been, it's very important work, and we take it extremely seriously.  Thanks!

Thanks very much for acknowledging our concerns, MsAtomicBomb. I'll look forward to seeing the team of people that's behind your initiative, since I think it adds weight and a measure of integrity to the information you're sharing.

As I'm sure you can understand, those of us who have gone through the hell of benzodiazepine withdrawal want straight information based on facts, openness and honesty.

I wish you and your team well.

• 3 weeks later...