Math question for switching over from dry cut to titrate

[Am...]

Hi guys and girls!

So I'm finally dry cutting my 0.5mg after a few attempts at titrating and dry cutting too much (.125mg)..which...did not go over so well with me. I want to stabilize at my current dose then switch over to titrating in a week or two and I would like to know what my current dose equals to when titrating. I hope I'm going to make sense lol

I am now at .250mg evening and here comes the math part that I'm bad at...

In the morning I pretty much take 1/8th out, so what I'm doing is, I am cutting the other half of .250mg in half (quarters) so I have one .125mg quarter I am taking. The other .125mg I cut in half as well, so that would be .62.5mg(?)

SO I take a total of .437.5mg (?)

Now, if I would be titrating, I would take my whole 0.5mg pill, crush it up etc fill the cylinder with 100ml. Now my question is, at my current dose...how much  liquid would I be taking out if I'm already at .437.5mg?

I really hope I make sense, I confused the heck outta my hubby last night.. :laugh:

If I'm already down to .437.5mg a day and I start titrating, I would use the whole 0.5mg pill again.

So therefore my question is how many ml do I need to draw out that equals the .437.5mg mark as I cannot back down now and go up to the full .5mg again to make 100ml = 100%

Hope I make sense now...

Now, if I would be titrating, I would take my whole 0.5mg pill, crush it up etc fill the cylinder with 100ml. Now my question is, at my current dose...how much  liquid would I be taking out if I'm already at .437.5mg?

You would start at 87.5 ml of liquid (88 or 87) would probably be fine. You would just double the .4375 and subtract that from 100ml. Does this make sense? Since you are currently taking .25 plus .125 plus 1/2 of .125 (.0625mg) would equal .4375 per day. You are going to crush .50mg and put into 100ml of liquid, remove 12.5ml to equal .4375mg per day. Hope this makes sense??

An alternative would be make up a liquid volume of 50ml, and start at 43ml (this would include your first tiny cut. You would then make 1ml reduction each day for a 43 day taper, which is probably a reasonable time scale. Of course, you can make reductions every other day, 2ml some days, depending upon what taper rate you require.

Theresa's suggestion is sound too. In all probability (if following Theresa's suggestion), you would probably make larger reductions than 1ml each day, otherwise it would take you 87 days to withdraw from 0.4375mg - almost certainly this is way longer than you need to withdraw from such a dose of Klonopin.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this thread and I have a question. When you titrate are you reducing the dose every day by a little bit? I'm going to start and I'm just a little confused.

Thanks!!

I saw this thread and I have a question. When you titrate are you reducing the dose every day by a little bit? I'm going to start and I'm just a little confused.

Thanks!!

Yes, a tiny bit, usually about 1% daily.