Integrity and Trust in Academia and Nonprofit Organizations - Harvard University

[...]

"Integrity and Trust in Academia and Nonprofit Organizations" - By The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University

The Panel (includes whistleblower, Dr. Nancy Olivieri):

• Szelena Gray and Sujay Tyle, Project Managers, Academic Independence Project
  • Susannah Rose, Director of Bioethics Research and Policy, Cleveland Clinic; Assistant Professor, Department of medicine, Case Western Reserve University
  • Garry C. Gray, Assistant Professor of Sociology, University of Victoria
  • Nancy Olivieri, Professor, Pediatrics, Medicine, and Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto; Senior Scientist, Toronto General Research Institute; Executive Director, Hemoglobal

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, abcd.  I watched up to the 34 minute mark and will continue the rest later.  The remarks regarding PAO's, question framing, pre-emptive study design, etc. were revealing.  None of us should be surprised to learn that where there is money, there is bias.  And because nothing of any significance happens without funding, we must conclude that there is bias everywhere.  Honestly, I don't know of any way to avoid being victimized by bias other than being continually skeptical of everything we hear, see and read.

I enjoy your posts!