Prince's autopsy report shows fentanyl, diazepam, lidocaine, hydrocodone in body

[La...]

You're welcome, benzohno. Pretty sad news. It doesn't seem like any of his medications were legitimate prescriptions from a doctor. It's so risky to get meds from alternate sources, so he must have had some idea of the dangers he was putting himself in.  :(

I have a thread going too about Prince. I started it after his death.  It looks like he took illegals.

Is that under "off topic", Becks?

beelyboy, thank you so much for sharing that article! It's timely and important, and it definitely merits its own thread. Please start another one for it alone so that others will have a chance to read it and get a good discussion going. It hits on so many important points that we discuss elsewhere on BB all the time.

From the article:

"Who in the media and in other positions of influence in our society has the courage to speak out about the true nature of the benzodiazepine crisis and its role in the deadly drug overdose epidemic? Who has the courage to actually identify the institutional leaders culpable in the many examples of medically negligent homicide? For if these actions are not taken the death toll from fatal drug overdoses will most likely continue to rise in the coming period."

From what I've been learning, there is government oversight now regulating pain management and deciding how much opiate a patient can take and many ppl. with chronic pain are being undertreated and still in alot of pain with the doctor care.  I guess with opiates you have to keep taking more to stop the pain because you develop tolerance to it, but the docs won't give it to you then, so pain patients hit the streets to find a fix to stop their pain?  Just my take on it.

From what I've been learning, there is government oversight now regulating pain management and deciding how much opiate a patient can take and many ppl. with chronic pain are being undertreated and still in alot of pain with the with opiates you have to keep taking more to stop the pain because yodoctor care.  I guess u develop tolerance to it, but the docs won't give it to you then, so pain patients hit the streets to find a fix to stop their pain?  Just my take on it.

That sounds about right, Becks! I really would love to see a day when patients have more say in their own health care. Who knows our bodies better than we do?? We don't have a say in our own health care, because of the addictive potential and the wall we hit when we hit tolerance. We are more or less forced to find our own relief. It doesn't make any sense to me...can't seem to wrap my head around this stuff!   

Big Pharma should have been developing good natural forms of pain relief rather than the killer opioids, Fentanyl, etc.  I think Big Pharma is trying to kill off the masses?  They're murderers. 

Pain is a complicated thing. There are many factors, and there's no one pain medication (natural OR synthetic) that can address all types of pain without having significant side effects. That's just the way it is. Pain is a part of life. In acute situations, it's usually our body's way of warning us of danger, but, over time, pain signals can be affected by other things. As pain becomes chronic, the other factors have to be addressed too.

If you're interested in the topic, much has been written about it, but you should keep in mind that there's no magic medicine right now -- natural or synthetic.