The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Thank you Final healing and Ultra2007...how did your tapers a$eat you both withdrawal wise? I have now done my signature...I am on quite a lot of stuff and all was prescribed to me between a pain management doctor and a psychiatrist. In your experience is it harder to do this with being on so many medications that are bad?

Thank you Final healing and Ultra2007...how did your tapers a$eat you both withdrawal wise? I have now done my signature...I am on quite a lot of stuff and all was prescribed to me between a pain management doctor and a psychiatrist. In your experience is it harder to do this with being on so many medications that are bad?

My taper was a tough one. I was on such a high dose of k and for so many years before I began, so it was a challenge. So many life stressors along the way of the taper too, so that made it extra nuts. I did my best to just roll with it and not focus on it morning, noon and night. You'll probably get a lot of opinions regarding tapering while being on so many meds, but I think it would be ok as long as you do one at a time and at a really conservative rate without trying to rush it. Just listen to your body. The body usually gets used to things as long as changes are very minor and not too frequent. My thought was, "I gotta start sometime!". So, I just picked one and started tapering. I think I was taking 3 or 4 psych meds when I began. K was my last one that I tapered. Saved the best for last  ;) .

[f5...]

Hi all,

I'm half a week in on 2.5 three times a day from 3 three times a day.

Is it a bad idea to split into two doses of 1.25? Since it is long acting I rather take it longer apart. I don't find myself having interdose withdrawals until 12 hours anyways.

Regards,

MM

[01...]

Hello been on 0.5 clon 3 years plus Zopiclone and mirtaz 15mg. Felt ok

Switched to 4mg diaz july 2020. Zonked a m. Brain ok. Reduced to 2 5 daz november 20. Feel like shite hypersexual urges legs body at night everywhere fall asleep really weak lethargic.reduced again 10 nights ago to 2mg diaz. Eyes dry still urges driving me nuts hate. AND I already have oesophagitis bile gastritis hernia take antacid blockers pain even worse reducing all my inside back inflamed after eating fir hours.  It's worse since I cut. And I cant even eat a ready meal like before as pain sooo bad. Been I'll since Diaz. Gp has told me while I am recovering from painful hip fracture and she says bad acid waiting to see a GI go back to 0.5 clon. I did last night .so far no pain inside me and eyes brighter perkier . I really do want off but just know diaz caused this awful hypersexual urges all night and can you tell me how I'd taper off 0.5 clon when ready?? Please I'm in uk so cant do the compounding pharmacy thing nor do I get percents. Can I shave off bits slowly or what or just cut in half then cut that to quarter and discard?

I wish someone oukd help. I have 7.5 zip to come off and mirtaz 15 .someone said reduce Zopiclone before the benzo.

Theres so many people on here and I've had support but not re this and clon.

Hi all,

I'm half a week in on 2.5 three times a day from 3 three times a day.

Is it a bad idea to split into two doses of 1.25? Since it is long acting I rather take it longer apart. I don't find myself having interdose withdrawals until 12 hours anyways.

Regards,

MM

I believe that as long as you are feeling well, continue what you are doing. Some people on here only tool Clonzapam at bedtime and tapered from there and got off.

Trust your body and how it feels. Keeping things slow and steady is the best.

Hello been on 0.5 clon 3 years plus Zopiclone and mirtaz 15mg. Felt ok

Switched to 4mg diaz july 2020. Zonked a m. Brain ok. Reduced to 2 5 daz november 20. Feel like shite hypersexual urges legs body at night everywhere fall asleep really weak lethargic.reduced again 10 nights ago to 2mg diaz. Eyes dry still urges driving me nuts hate. AND I already have oesophagitis bile gastritis hernia take antacid blockers pain even worse reducing all my inside back inflamed after eating fir hours.  It's worse since I cut. And I cant even eat a ready meal like before as pain sooo bad. Been I'll since Diaz. Gp has told me while I am recovering from painful hip fracture and she says bad acid waiting to see a GI go back to 0.5 clon. I did last night .so far no pain inside me and eyes brighter perkier . I really do want off but just know diaz caused this awful hypersexual urges all night and can you tell me how I'd taper off 0.5 clon when ready?? Please I'm in uk so cant do the compounding pharmacy thing nor do I get percents. Can I shave off bits slowly or what or just cut in half then cut that to quarter and discard?

I wish someone oukd help. I have 7.5 zip to come off and mirtaz 15 .someone said reduce Zopiclone before the benzo.

Theres so many people on here and I've had support but not re this and clon.

I did a dry micro cut taper using a metal nail file and a scale. I recommend using a scale, which you can buy off of Amazon. It helps to keep the tapering weight as steady as possible while you move down.

Everyone will have a different opinion about what to tape first. I was advised on Surviving Antidepressants to tape the most agitating medication first. In my case, I tapered Mirtazapine, Lamictal-which with off the rails and I ended up on benzos.

So maybe think in terms of which med is giving you the most issues and start there. Just my opinion.

[01...]

Ok. Are they called jewelry scales?? I only ever take at bightbforvsleep.

Re mirtaz. Been given liquid now here uk 1ml =:15MG which is my tabket dose 16months. Someone said taper 0.5ml slow over 3 to 4 weeks. So i said i fill syringe to 1ml push olunger down to 0.9 ml thats reduction of 0.5ml holdv4bweeks then oush plunger to 0.8 ml etc. He said tescthats right.

My psych said just stop mirtaz or 7.5 each night. Gp said 7.5 every other night 3 weeks 7.5 2 weejs then stop. How did you reduce mirtaz. I dont get percents. I know you not allowed on here to give exact tapering details.

Thankyou

Ok. Are they called jewelry scales?? I only ever take at bightbforvsleep.

Re mirtaz. Been given liquid now here uk 1ml =:15MG which is my tabket dose 16months. Someone said taper 0.5ml slow over 3 to 4 weeks. So i said i fill syringe to 1ml push olunger down to 0.9 ml thats reduction of 0.5ml holdv4bweeks then oush plunger to 0.8 ml etc. He said tescthats right.

My psych said just stop mirtaz or 7.5 each night. Gp said 7.5 every other night 3 weeks 7.5 2 weejs then stop. How did you reduce mirtaz. I dont get percents. I know you not allowed on here to give exact tapering details.

Thankyou

Yes, they are jeweler scales.  Here is an example of one:[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=asc_df_B00ESHDGOI/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167134584690&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7755650734253570323&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9067609&hvtargid=pla-304071963067&psc=1[/nobbc]

I'm not good at figuring out percentages either but I tapered first dry and then then a liquid of my Mirtazpine. I went down to 0.025 ml. In my opinion, 7.5mg is too high to jump off and alternating every other day is not a good idea.

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

[01...]

Thanks others have agreed . Ok i can see jewel scales but as just on 0.5 clon again last 2 nights due to diaz causing issues which may hapoen reducing clon dont know how do i know how much to measure cut off my tabket to start and amiunt it ahoukd weigh on scale for a 3 to 4 week tsper. I have razor blade ??? Guess the scales weigh grams. I would t kniw how much to scrap off weigh each month.

I am glad yiu bebzo free well done. I have painful knee thigh muscle hobble cant wakk since hip op. I swear since took the 0.5 c last night after eeducing using diaz since last juky my leg is even more painful today. I kniw benzo affect musckes pain etc. I am very poorly. My daughtet says i shoukd have stuck to reducing diaz but my insides wee on fire all day urges so bad in night legs thrashing even after sitting after dinber worse in night. Drove me crazy  people have said reducing 1mg a time too much. I get muddledcand confused head spinning thankyou anyway

If I'm understanding your correctly, you have switched back to Clon after issues with diazapan. If that's the case, its good to settle into the switch for a week or so before you start tapering again.

I weighed my Clonazapam pills on the scale, which by the way can be a little jumpy but it will do. I was told to weigh 10 pills, which will all vary in weight a bit.

Then you take the total of all those 10 pills added up, and divide by 10. You will get an average weight.

Or, what I did was weight each pill nightly and put the heavier ones to the side because I had more pills than I needed. If you don't have the room for extra pills, try the first method.

My 0.5mg Clonazapam pill weighed about 200-201 grams on the scale (the heavier ones sometimes weighed 204)  So when I was ready to micro taper I would shave the pill till it weighed 199 grams on the scale.

When I cut again I would shave to 198 grams. That basically is 0.001grams that I was shaving off each time. If you have two doses, one dose would be 100 grams and the other 100grams. I would alternate between each dose, cutting 0.001grams in the morning and then hold. The next time I would  cut 0.001grams  in the afternoon and then hold. Then the evening-because I was dosing 3 times a day.

You can see how often you want to cut and then go from there. I tried to do a body based taper while also choosing a specific tapering schedule. If my cuts caught up with me. I would hold for a few extra days.

If you are considering a liquid taper of Clonazapam, there are many people who have been successful with that too.

[01...]

Wow. Ive looked at your link for scale. Its amazon us. Couldnt find exact match uk but will try.

Glad you mentiondd your 0 5 tablet as thats all ive taken and only at night for sleep with z and mirtaz. I no idea re liquid. Have asked so will check. If i get right scales i can go by what you said you shaved off. Tiny doses. 98 97 etc. I am prsying i wont get bad wds as did with diaz but have a feeling  may as atill a benzo but i was cutting 1mg a tine with diaz. I had benzos on off years started restkess legs. Never knew what they were  . Cant remember why else i took maybe for sleep. Had zooiclone on off yesrs short term too. But ended up insomnia soo bad on them 3 yesrs. Then.sleep not so good so mirtaz added. My GP said if you cant handle withdrawals you will maybe have to stay on fir life!! Thankyou i will check scales out on Amazon uk.

Try not to let your GP discourage you.  If you go slowly and steadily down, paying attention to your body, you can make it off.

Just to clarify, I did not cut everyday in my micro taper. I started out cutting every 4 days and then  (because it worked for me) I cut 001 every other day, holding additional days when the cuts were too much.

I've mentioned this before on other threads but it was important to me to distinguish between withdrawal and the side effects of the medication. Clonzapam made me very depressed, which is a side effect of the medication. Withdrawal also causes depression but I found that I moved lower on the medication, the depression started to lift. I still had the anhedonia from the benzo but the heavy, mind numbing depression began to ease. Once I got down to .25 and lower, it really lifted even more. I became more functional. I still was in withdrawal and had other symptoms but was able to handle them more because the depression was leaving.

Wishing you and everyone tapering the best. It can be done and it's worth it.

FH

Wow. Ive looked at your link for scale. Its amazon us. Couldnt find exact match uk but will try.

Glad you mentiondd your 0 5 tablet as thats all ive taken and only at night for sleep with z and mirtaz. I no idea re liquid. Have asked so will check. If i get right scales i can go by what you said you shaved off. Tiny doses. 98 97 etc. I am prsying i wont get bad wds as did with diaz but have a feeling  may as atill a benzo but i was cutting 1mg a tine with diaz. I had benzos on off years started restkess legs. Never knew what they were  . Cant remember why else i took maybe for sleep. Had zooiclone on off yesrs short term too. But ended up insomnia soo bad on them 3 yesrs. Then.sleep not so good so mirtaz added. My GP said if you cant handle withdrawals you will maybe have to stay on fir life!! Thankyou i will check scales out on Amazon uk.

Time for a new doc!!!!  I did it. You can too  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently trying to figure out how to taper from 2 mg of generic klonopin. I have been on this medication for 17 years. I am absolutely terrified to be honest but really want to do this for me. I have other medications that I am on and not sure if I can post them as I am new and they are not benzodiazepines. But, I wonder if being on these medications will affect my withdrawal at all. Please help if you have any suggestions. I really need some help. Tyia

Magnolia,

I am on some of the same meds as you. I am tapering very slowly. I was terrified to start as well, so understand your fear. I suffer from chronic pain which is why I was prescribed my cocktail. Sometimes just picking a day to start and starting very slowly. Are you in tolerance?

Sun

Hi, I'm currently trying to figure out how to taper from 2 mg of generic klonopin. I have been on this medication for 17 years. I am absolutely terrified to be honest but really want to do this for me. I have other medications that I am on and not sure if I can post them as I am new and they are not benzodiazepines. But, I wonder if being on these medications will affect my withdrawal at all. Please help if you have any suggestions. I really need some help. Tyia

Magnolia,

I am on some of the same meds as you. I am tapering very slowly. I was terrified to start as well, so understand your fear. I suffer from chronic pain which is why I was prescribed my cocktail. Sometimes just picking a day to start and starting very slowly. Are you in tolerance?

Sun

Hi Sun

I was wondering if you were able to find anything that helps for the muscle spasms? I was prescribed benzos for the same reason. I've tried almost everything and the only thing that ever worked was botox. And then suddenly it stopped working.

That's when I was put on K. The K did the job but I had no idea about benzos until my doctor messed up my script and prescribed me 0.5mg instead of 2mg. I thought no big deal I'll just use less and you can imagine what happened.

Now the spasms and pain are back of course and I was just wondering if you have found any relief?

Thanks!

I am tapering klonopin also. The good news is that I have tapered 75% of my original dose. At 1 mg, I am having severe dp. I try and distract, but sometimes I can’t even do that. Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am tapering klonopin also. The good news is that I have tapered 75% of my original dose. At 1 mg, I am having severe dp. I try and distract, but sometimes I can’t even do that. Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's like many have said: If you're in hell, keep going. It is what it is until it isn't. You'll be good before long!

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!".

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I am the new victim of klonopin. Its a monster evil drug. I got off it but now suffering. All thanks to the misprescribed drug. I hope I can find relief here. Thank you for this thread

Hi guys,

I am the new victim of klonopin. Its a monster evil drug. I got off it but now suffering. All thanks to the misprescribed drug. I hope I can find relief here. Thank you for this thread

Hi guys,

Things will get better with time. I know that's not the best answer but perhaps it's the truest.  You are in the most acute part of getting off the medication and if I'm reading  your signature correctly, you were not on it that long?  Was it like a week? With benzos, it sometimes doesn't matter the length of time, the impact is the impact.

Be gentle with yourself, distract on the days that you feel lousy and your brain will heal.  Many of us who were on for longer periods of time have experienced healing so keep the faith! You will heal. 

Final Healing

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Things will get better with time. I know that's not the best answer but perhaps it's the truest.  You are in the most acute part of getting off the medication and if I'm reading  your signature correctly, you were not on it that long?  Was it like a week? With benzos, it sometimes doesn't matter the length of time, the impact is the impact.

Be gentle with yourself, distract on the days that you feel lousy and your brain will heal.  Many of us who were on for longer periods of time have experienced healing so keep the faith! You will heal. 

Final Healing

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

I have been given this drug for 5 days once and then they stopped it without proper information and procedure.

Then after two months again I was given this medicine for a week almost but till then I got to know what this drug is in actual and I tapered it off.

As u said impact is impact. I am suffering but I know I am healing and I am so glad I found this forum where I could really get help and assurance. Thank you once again Final Healing ..  :)

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Final Healing

I have been given this drug for 5 days once and then they stopped it without proper information and procedure.

Then after two months again I was given this medicine for a week almost but till then I got to know what this drug is in actual and I tapered it off.

As u said impact is impact. I am suffering but I know I am healing and I am so glad I found this forum where I could really get help and assurance. Thank you once again Final Healing ..  :)

Five days!? Holy cow, that's crazy. The power of those drugs never cease to amaze me. Stick it out. You'll get there! It took me six years, but I got there too :)

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Final Healing

Five days!? Holy cow, that's crazy. The power of those drugs never cease to amaze me. Stick it out. You'll get there! It took me six years, but I got there too :)

Yes five days 0.5mg and then after two months for 8 days but gradual from 0.25 to .125... It's a hellish drug.. I am fighting everyday against waves now and then... But I am thankful that I found this group and I understood the more dangers of this devil pill...

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Final Healing

How are you Jeff? I'm off a little over 7 months and doing all right. 

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Final Healing

How are you Jeff? I'm off a little over 7 months and doing all right.

What's up, Final!!?? I was just logging in today to reach out to see how you've been doing lately. I didn't have enough time yesterday. Anyway, I've been doing so much better. I've been off a handful of months, and I hope to continue getting better. Sleep continues to be a big issue, but I'm sure it'll take a while considering I was putting this k stuff into my body for over 27 years. Patience, right? GI issues can still be a challenge, but I'm going in the right direction. The fun seems to never end, but it will!! I did get a miserable case of Covid. My wife brought it home to me after traveling. She only had it for 5 days and it was no big deal. I got it and was in absolute terror and torture for the first 18 days. Three times to doc, clinic, etc. I'm still fighting fatigue and a few other issues, but I'm hoping for a full recovery soon. Docs said I'll probably be a long-hauler. 'Miserable torture' is the only way to describe what I went through and it was 24/7, no breaks. It's interesting how some people have no issues at all while others get blasted and even die. I prayed for death more than a few times!!! Maybe the taper had something to do with my experience. Enough of that, how's everything going for you? I know you said you're doing alright, but fill me in. I'm lifting you up and hoping for the best :)