The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Thanks NJstrength!

You are right - we don't hold until normal, we hold until stable enough to cut again.  I shouldn't call that normal :idiot:

Hi Scaredie,

Something does seem odd with the liquid.

But again, I think you are on too high a dose to mess with the liquid.

If I were you, I would cut 1/4 of a pill at a time AND hold this level until you feel stable again (usually 2 weeks but can be longer as withdrawal builds up).

I would take the 1/4 cut in this order:

Dose1 Dose2 Dose3 Dose4

0.500 0.500 0.500 2.000 Hold until feel normal

0.375 0.500 0.500 2.000 Hold until feel normal

0.375 0.375 0.500 2.000 Hold until feel normal

0.375 0.375 0.375 2.000 Hold until feel normal

0.375 0.375 0.375 1.750 Hold until feel normal

0.250 0.375 0.375 1.750 Hold until feel normal

and so on until you get to less than 1 mg per day.  Then talk about micro tapering. 

Try this for a month.  I think you might be surprised by cutting first from the early day doses.

Thank you for taking such time to help me.

I’ve saved your plan elsewhere to gain easy access.

I did tell you I had withdrawal symptoms reducing by that amount per day didn’t I?

I was trying to avoid cut & hold, & any withdrawal symptoms, but I’ll take your plan under serious consideration. It has a nice outline to it & no weighing pills sounds nice & easy enough.

Much Thanks-be well & I hope you find the help that you are seeking too :smitten:

Hi Scaredie,

If I were you, I would cut 1/4 of a pill at a time AND hold this level until you feel stable again (usually 2 weeks but can be longer as withdrawal builds up).

Dose1 Dose2 Dose3 Dose4

and so on until you get to less than 1 mg per day.  Then talk about micro tapering. 

Try this for a month.  I think you might be surprised by cutting first from the early day doses.

I did tell you I had withdrawal symptoms reducing by that amount per day didn’t I?

I was trying to avoid cut & hold, & any withdrawal symptoms, but I’ll take your plan under serious consideration. It has a nice outline to it & no weighing pills sounds nice & easy enough.

Much Thanks-be well & I hope you find the help that you are seeking too :smitten:

Hi Scaredie,

Oh yes, I did read you had withdrawal.  It seemed focused on withdrawal induced insomnia so I recommend you cut from the early day doses first before messing with your bedtime doses.  That approach helped me with insomnia.  Now, you might have some other withdrawal symptoms but if you can sleep each night, you will have the strength to deal with other symptoms during the day. 

Another note.  Reductions add up so you will do well at first.  Hold times of probably 2 weeks.  Then it can hit you all at once and you will need a longer hold time.  It is ok, just hold longer. 

If you get chest or back pains, just hold until the pain goes away - in particular, the chest pains.  One of my holds was 8 weeks long.  I also used Buspar on and off to keep me stable to continue my taper.

You can do this.  Cut and hold works so very well at high doses. 

Hi Scaredie,

Dose1 Dose2 Dose3 Dose4

Hi Scaredie,

Oh yes, I did read you had withdrawal.  It seemed focused on withdrawal induced insomnia so I recommend you cut from the early day doses first before messing with your bedtime doses.  That approach helped me with insomnia.  Now, you might have some other withdrawal symptoms but if you can sleep each night, you will have the strength to deal with other symptoms during the day. 

Another note.  Reductions add up so you will do well at first.  Hold times of probably 2 weeks.  Then it can hit you all at once and you will need a longer hold time.  It is ok, just hold longer. 

If you get chest or back pains, just hold until the pain goes away - in particular, the chest pains.  One of my holds was 8 weeks long.  I also used Buspar on and off to keep me stable to continue my taper.

You can do this.  Cut and hold works so very well at high doses.

Thank you, again kind sir for all of your insight. Do you recommend I weigh my doses? I see that you are, even though I know your on a very low dose, so makes sense.

Cutting my pills is very inaccurate & they’re always uneven.

Please don’t be offended if I keep reaching out to others about the liquid or about tapering in general. I’m very indecisive & there are so many different viewpoints on the matter. Be well

Hi all,

I havnt really started my taper yet. I spent a long time trying to understand the different methods, then quit nicotine so held, then decided on compounded dlmt.

I’m currently on a high daily dose 3.5mg, so not sure how long it would take to notice withdrawals from dlmt, but was finally ready to start the other day & my pharm compounded liquid felt like placebo. So now scared to start down road that may backfire on me. Really wanted this method to be my answer for how to taper.

Insert from elsewhere:

Hi,

Since my first dose of liquid clonazapam compounded by pharmacist felt like placebo, I’d really like to here from those who’ve taken pharm compounded liquid clonazapam & your experiences with it.

If it didn’t work for you. Lease tell how you knew it wasn’t working & how long it took you to figure that out? Did you have serious ramifications from the experience?

Was yours made with pure powder? Crushed tablets? What solution? Concentration? Etc

Mine is made with ora sweet & ora plus with crushed teva tablets(my generic)@ .5mg/ml concentration. My total daily dose is 3.5mg & I plan to liquid taper .5mg @ a time remaining on tablets for the rest of other daily dosesuntil next .5mg 6:30am dose is ready to be tapered, then liquid taper that down to .25mg hold, & liquid taper 12:30pm dose down to .25mg, then hopefully liquid taper each of those day doses down simultaneously, as I remain on tablets for bed dose, until that comes then liquid taper off that .5mg @ a time.

If you tried it & decided to go a different route & that worked better, please let me know of that, too, if you would please.

All experiences & imput welcome.

Much thanks

Does anyone have experience with pharm compounded liquid clonazapam?

What was your experience like?

Here’s link to my thread about it:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=202990.msg2632734#msg2632734

Here is link to another thread about it:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=202618.msg2628746#msg2628746

If I can’t figure out liquid, would some of you folks help me with gram scale.

Thank you best wishes

No worries-you should reach out to as many people as you can and get all the advice you can. Everyone’s different and you might find some insights from others that I am not aware of.

Indeed, the pills do not cut nice and they often crumble. In that sense a scale is helpful. However you’re at such a high dose a small day-to-day variation may not be that big of a deal for you.    A good pill cutter helps. 

A bigger concern is that your manufacture stays the same between each prescription refill. Different manufacturers often have differences in the absorption and effectiveness of the pill.

It’s really up to you-if you have trouble splitting into quarters then by all means use a scale.  The issue some people have with the scale is as follows. Your pills are 0.5 mg doses of Klonpin but the pill itself will weigh 0.17 grams  so there will be a little bit of math involved. I could make you a table which will help you with math.

Let me know if you want me to recommend a scale and I can send you a link when I get home from work tonight.

Another interesting idea for you would be to buy the gel capsules with the scale.  You then use the scale to get all the little bits and pieces when the Klonopin pill crumbles up and fill the gel capsules to your exact dose.  Let me know if you want help with gel capsules.

No worries-you should reach out to as many people as you can and get all the advice you can. Everyone’s different and you might find some insights from others that I am not aware of.

Indeed, the pills do not cut nice and they often crumble. In that sense a scale is helpful. However you’re at such a high dose a small day-to-day variation may not be that big of a deal for you.    A good pill cutter helps. 

A bigger concern is that your manufacture stays the same between each prescription refill. Different manufacturers often have differences in the absorption and effectiveness of the pill.

It’s really up to you-if you have trouble splitting into quarters then by all means use a scale.  The issue some people have with the scale is as follows. Your pills are 0.5 mg doses of Klonpin but the pill itself will weigh 0.17 grams  so there will be a little bit of math involved. I could make you a table which will help you with math.

Let me know if you want me to recommend a scale and I can send you a link when I get home from work tonight.

Another interesting idea for you would be to buy the gel capsules with the scale.  You then use the scale to get all the little bits and pieces when the Klonopin pill crumbles up and fill the gel capsules to your exact dose.  Let me know if you want help with gel capsules.

Oh your too kind.

I learned long ago to stay with same manufacturer, but thanks for that, too.

I have the Gemini 20 scale & never used it due in part to what your talking about with the math etc. is that the scale your speaking of?

I love the idea of you helping with a table for math, your the first person to offer that, but I would like to wait until I make up my mind what I’ll be doing before you go to any trouble.

Same with the gel cap help, let’s hold until I’m decided on method, ok?

What do you make of the idea that some say you should crush up your pills and weigh the powder like that & take a little less every day(well that’s for daily microtaper)?

I just can’t imagine putting powder on the scale nor how one measures a little less each day in any easy fashion?

Then their are those that say you should take an average of your pills weight, by weighing like ten, to tare the scale between each weighing, & multiply by something to get(oh I forgot what the multiplication was for...)

But really, please don’t go to any trouble until I decide what to do & ask you, ok?

Did you ever take more than .5mg?

Have you gotten any responses to your inquiry yet?

I wonder if you’ll get more visibility posting just under titration?

I’ve got your name & # Bob7 lets keep in touch-much gratitude have a good evening  :)

Yes there was a time I was above 1 mg for a while. I was on the stuff for over a decade. But my average over all that time was probably .5 mg.

Yes we can wait until you figure out what you want to do. Just reach out to me when you’re ready.

Stay strong-you can beat this.

My strength comes from trusting God.

Yes there was a time I was above 1 mg for a while. I was on the stuff for over a decade. But my average over all that time was probably .5 mg.

Yes we can wait until you figure out what you want to do. Just reach out to me when you’re ready.

Stay strong-you can beat this.

My strength comes from trusting God.

Thank you, Bob. Hope you are well

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so my compounded liquid expires in a month & my generic k pin is on back order everywhere. I know I’ve thought my compound iffy in it’s efficacy,(still do, but not sure)but don’t have equipment to make own liquid right now. Point being, I was going to use Jim’s charts to dlmt with .5mg/ml compounded suspension for only my 3rd .5mg dose of day, until it was gone, then start dlmt on other doses, first 1 or 2 of day. My doses 6am .5, 12pm .5 6pm .5, bed time 2mg. Now I’m wondering if I can liquid taper all 3 day doses, leaving bed dose as tablets, but still get the percentage worked into the chart?

Is this just dumb & impulsive to try to jump over to liquid doses for 3 out of 4 daily doses per day?

Last evening, I took my 6-7pm liquid taper dose & felt more awake than I do when I take my tablet, took me a bit long ne’er to get to sleep(not much after taking tablets)this A.M. I took compounded liquid=.99ml=almost .5mg & I feel like want to go to sleep. I shook it well both times. What could be the problem here?

I just tried it for my A.M. dose, couldn’t read the small lines on the 1ml 100 increment syringe, but was trying for .99ml. How does one see these lines? Use a magnifying glass? So far I’ve only tried to draw .95, so the line was bigger, how do I read those smaller lines?

Anyway, I’m feeling extra tired, unwell, & nauseous, which I thought would be the opposite with liquid? Can’t afford to feel worse right now, but it could be something else going on, I suppose. Maybe it just hit me all at once too much & now I want to go to sleep, hm, don’t like this feeling.

Also I got some tiny amt of water in my suspension (while pushing & pulling on syringe trying to get right amount) that was left in syringe from rinsing syringe last night after taking 6pm dose, will that contaminate or ruin my suspension?

Also, the pharmacist told me to find milliliters, take the dose I want in mg & divide by .5mg=liquid milliliter dose. How would I do the opposite? Convert the amount I’m taking in mililiters & convert to mg?

So I was going to taper 3rd .5mg dose @5-10% every 14 days, of daily dose with liquid leaving all else in tablets.

Using Jim’s charts.

Is there a way to taper first 3 doses of day with liquid @3-5%, or even 10% every 14 days, using Jim’s charts leaving 2mg bed dose in tablets?

Or is there a way without Jim’s charts to do this?

Or have I ruined suspension getting water in it?

Is it normal that I feel like going back to sleep?

All thoughts, imput appreciated.

Thank you, Scaredie

Hi,

Sorry for a second post, probably nobody around anyway. My question is, if I can’t use Jim Hawks charts to figure out my % reduction, can anyone else help?

My liquid clonazapam compound is @ concentration of .5mg/ml have 120ml in bottle minus a couple mls

I take 6 am .5, 12pm .5mg, 6pm .5mg bed 2mg total 3.5mg per day

I was going to only reduce my 6pm dose with liquid until it was gone & use Jim Hawks charts to figure out doses & % reduction for just that dose, leaving all other doses tablets.

Now I’m thinking that id like to try & reduce all 3 of my .5mg doses using this liquid, leaving bed dose as tablets. I don’t think I can do that using Jim’s charts.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a 3-5-10% percent reduction every 14 days for just my first 3 .5mg doses, leaving my 2mg bed dose as tablets?

Would it be a mistake to jump on this much liquid all at once? It’s an ora sweet/plus suspension & I’m not sure if it’s workng right or not.

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry for a second post, probably nobody around anyway. My question is, if I can’t use Jim Hawks charts to figure out my % reduction, can anyone else help?

My liquid clonazapam compound is @ concentration of .5mg/ml have 120ml in bottle minus a couple mls

I was going to only reduce my 6pm dose with liquid until it was gone & use Jim Hawks charts to figure out doses & % reduction for just that dose, leaving all other doses tablets.

Now I’m thinking that id like to try & reduce all 3 of my .5mg doses using this liquid, leaving bed dose as tablets. I don’t think I can do that using Jim’s charts.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a 3-5-10% percent reduction every 14 days for just my first 3 .5mg doses, leaving my 2mg bed dose as tablets?

Would it be a mistake to jump on this much liquid all at once? It’s an ora sweet/plus suspension & I’m not sure if it’s workng right or not.

Thank you

Scaredie,

I have never used liquids so I am not sure how to help but you might need to explain what this means:

"how to get a 3-5-10% percent reduction every 14 days for just my first 3 .5mg doses"

Does it mean you want:

a 3% reduction on the 6am dose

a 5% reduction on the noon dose

a 10% reduction on the 6pm dose

Also, shouldn't you first get stable on liquids before reducing anything? 

Hi,

Thank you

Scaredie,

I have never used liquids so I am not sure how to help but you might need to explain what this means:

"how to get a 3-5-10% percent reduction every 14 days for just my first 3 .5mg doses"

Does it mean you want:

Ok, no it doesn’t mean that. It means, I’d like to reduce 6am, noon, & 6pm dose all @ either a 3%, 5% or 10% of my total daily dose, every 14 days. I can’t decide which %.

I was going to try reducing only my 6pm dose by 10% every 14 days, which left me with much flexibility to hold or change percentage reduction & not worry too much about being at 10% because I was only reducing one .5mg out of a fairly high daily dose.

However if I’m going to try reducing all 3 doses with liquid, I’m thinking I need to reduce my percentage reduction to 3 or 5% of total daily dose, but part of me wants that 10% option too, as I want off.  :crazy:

I’m tired, depressed, & very stupid & cant tell if it’s just from from benzos, or other things as well. I’m allowed 4mg a day & didn’t realize until looking back on my calendar the other day that I’ve updosed to that extra .5mg back & fourth over the past several months, more than I thought I had. Could that mean I’m too unstable to even try a slow dlmt?

How do you get stable on liquids first, exactly?

Much thanks

Scaredie:

From everything I read, I think your problem is too much Klonopin.

If I was on that much klonopin, I would be tired and brain dead.

Honestly, when I was at my peak Klonopin (1.5 mg), I was able to reduce by splitting pills.  It seems like if you are on high dose, you body can forgive large tapering.  Have you ever tried to just cut your pills into 1/4 (use a pill splitter from Walmart or a knife). 

QUESTION - If you reduce by 1/4 of a pill per day (say the noon dose), do you really even notice it compared to the heavy sedation your are in due to the rest of the Klonopin?

Scaredie:

Honestly, when I was at my peak Klonopin (1.5 mg), I was able to reduce by splitting pills.  It seems like if you are on high dose, you body can forgive large tapering.  Have you ever tried to just cut your pills into 1/4 (use a pill splitter from Walmart or a knife). 

QUESTION - If you reduce by 1/4 of a pill per day (say the noon dose), do you really even notice it compared to the heavy sedation your are in due to the rest of the Klonopin?

I’ve tried to reduce my noon & 6 pm doses by splitting pills & splitting orally disintegrating tablets too to get small cuts so each dose was only reduced by .0625,  half of one of my odt wafers, so a total of .125mg per day reduction put me into withdrawal & I had minor withdrawal symptoms by day 3. Was clenching teeth, Not sleeping well, having diarrhea, napping @ noon, anxious & having heart palps. Now it could have been the odts, and the fact that I had a nicotine patch on & had been in nicotine withdrawal for a months @ that point too.

So yes I still had sedation but only cut .0625 from that dose. Then I quit my nicotine patches & have gone even further downhill since-fatigue, depression, cognitive problems.

I started trying to learn different techniques on here & decided on liquid since it seems I’m so sensitive.

I could try that though, Bob & see what happens.

Much thanks

It’s worth

Scaredie:

I’ve tried to reduce my noon & 6 pm doses by splitting pills & splitting orally disintegrating tablets too to get small cuts so each dose was only reduced by .0625,  half of one of my odt wafers, so a total of .125mg per day reduction put me into withdrawal & I had minor withdrawal symptoms by day 3. Was clenching teeth, Not sleeping well, having diarrhea, napping @ noon, anxious & having heart palps. Now it could have been the odts, and the fact that I had a nicotine patch on & had been in nicotine withdrawal for a months @ that point too.

So yes I still had sedation but only cut .0625 from that dose. Then I quit my nicotine patches & have gone even further downhill since-fatigue, depression, cognitive problems.

I started trying to learn different techniques on here & decided on liquid since it seems I’m so sensitive.

Much thanks

It’s worth

So the symptoms you listed from trying to cut 0.125mg do not all seem like withdrawal symptoms to me.  In particular, napping at noon.  I have never heard of anyone being able to sleep better during withdrawal.  Typically, you get insomnia for a week or two.

My thoughts are, you have so far to go being at 3.5mg, you might want to consider some initial larger cuts.  You might need to do the 0.125mg cut and then hold for two weeks even with some withdrawal symptoms.  The withdrawal symptoms will go away in time and then you can cut again.  We all have some withdrawal symptoms during our tapers.  Even with 0.001 mg per day taper, I feel it.

Scaredie:

Much thanks

It’s worth

So the symptoms you listed from trying to cut 0.125mg do not all seem like withdrawal symptoms to me.  In particular, napping at noon.  I have never heard of anyone being able to sleep better during withdrawal.  Typically, you get insomnia for a week or two.

My thoughts are, you have so far to go being at 3.5mg, you might want to consider some initial larger cuts.  You might need to do the 0.125mg cut and then hold for two weeks even with some withdrawal symptoms.  The withdrawal symptoms will go away in time and then you can cut again.  We all have some withdrawal symptoms during our tapers.  Even with 0.001 mg per day taper, I feel it.

Yes, I napped one day, but also had insomnia, heart palps, anxiety, teeth clenching etc.

I know I have a ways to go & you’re only trying to help. I’ll take everything under consideration. Thank you

Hi,

Thank you

Scaredie,

Does it mean you want:

Ok, no it doesn’t mean that. It means, I’d like to reduce 6am, noon, & 6pm dose all @ either a 3%, 5% or 10% of my total daily dose, every 14 days. I can’t decide which %.

I was going to try reducing only my 6pm dose by 10% every 14 days, which left me with much flexibility to hold or change percentage reduction & not worry too much about being at 10% because I was only reducing one .5mg out of a fairly high daily dose.

However if I’m going to try reducing all 3 doses with liquid, I’m thinking I need to reduce my percentage reduction to 3 or 5% of total daily dose, but part of me wants that 10% option too, as I want off.  :crazy:

I’m tired, depressed, & very stupid & cant tell if it’s just from from benzos, or other things as well. I’m allowed 4mg a day & didn’t realize until looking back on my calendar the other day that I’ve updosed to that extra .5mg back & fourth over the past several months, more than I thought I had. Could that mean I’m too unstable to even try a slow dlmt?

How do you get stable on liquids first, exactly?

Much thanks

I’ve decided to only use liquid for my 3rd dose for now. Don’t want anyone to go to any trouble devising a plan. Much thanks

Help,

My generic is on back order. Teva been taking every day for 8 years.

Doc could have called in 1 mg instead of my .5s last week when I became aware of the problem but refeused until I see him since he’s called in odts, & liquid for me to try to taper with & needs to cover his but. I can’t get in to see him because there are no appts. I think the front desk girls actually influenced his decision. Know sounds paranoid but they’ve done it before then he calls me & all is good. My husband drove way out to get those 1mgs, but no go.

Ugh.. my cvs has Milan & solco. Has anyone experience with switching from Teva to one of these?

My teva .5 are also on back order and I am a little concerned. I have about two weeks of supply. This is one of the reasons I want off ... I know that I cannot run out of these pills or everything will unravel. It's no way to live. I will check in with my pharmacy next week if they are still not in to see what my options are.

I've never had a problem going from one generic to the other, though I have been on the same one for years now, since I basically am tapering off my stockpile from prescriptions I got last year.

Scaredie-  Have you started tapering yet?  I never had any luck cutting up those ODTs. 

My teva .5 are also on back order and I am a little concerned. I have about two weeks of supply. This is one of the reasons I want off ... I know that I cannot run out of these pills or everything will unravel. It's no way to live. I will check in with my pharmacy next week if they are still not in to see what my options are.

I’m sorry your unwell & worried.

I know stinks being a slave.

If it helps at all, I called teva & they said it’s still on backorder through next week thec8th & to call then on tr or fri as it’s ever changing. Last week they told me distributors would have them by the 25th & would be in stores by yesterday-not.

So you may want to make arrangements to get just a partial fill of another generic of your choice, so you have Meds, but can fill the rest of you script with teva when it comes in.

I just ordered a weeks worth & will mix them in with my teva as solids to try & remain stabile.

Sorry I know your trying to dlmt. You may be in the clear though.

So, Teva a is no more...? 

No wonder my last refill had to be 1mg tabs, as the pharmacy said they had no more .5mg tabs of Teva and switching to another generic.  I, too, have been using Teva this whole time.  Hopefully there won’t be a noticeable difference in the new generic.

I’m going to have my doctor appeal brand name Klonopin to my insurance.  Worth a shot.  He wants me to use it, but it would cost $650/bottle.  Has anyone else tried appealing for brand name?

So, Teva a is no more...? 

No wonder my last refill had to be 1mg tabs, as the pharmacy said they had no more .5mg tabs of Teva and switching to another generic.  I, too, have been using Teva this whole time.  Hopefully there won’t be a noticeable difference in the new generic.

I’m going to have my doctor appeal brand name Klonopin to my insurance.  Worth a shot.  He wants me to use it, but it would cost $650/bottle.  Has anyone else tried appealing for brand name?

I thought about that but, even with brand penalty exceptions or appeal it would probably still cost a fortune, I think, not sure, but Wellbutrin was brand was still very expensive after appeal although Wellbutrin could be the exception to the rule. Also for those still taking tablets, I think brand has a k cut out in the middle & no score line so can’t cut pills. Since so close to the end & on liquid I would try appealing. Best wishes hope it all works out either way & you don’t stress too much about it in the mean time I’ve really stressed myself about it love Scaredie

Scaredie:

What would you do if you didn’t feel emotionally stabile due to some up/down dosing, & other contributing factors, but don’t think other than the emotional instability(ie I had a meltdown last eve out of the blue, it started with great irritability, that lead to irrational, as well as situational uncontrollable sobbing & depression)that you had any other acute withdrawal sxs. Unless the fatigue is part of it, but I doubt it as has been long standing, worsening after I quit smoking. But were too sedated on your current daily dose like mine 3.5mg total daily to function. Like no motivation or energy to do much at all & feeling like sleep walking, scared to drive, etc. would you hold until you thought you were completely stable or start on a taper?

And Bob, if you think I should start while I’m not perfectly stable, do you think from your past experience when you were on higher doses that I could start by cutting 1/4 from my first 2 .5mg doses doses?=total cut of .25mg per day to try and get that sedation under control?

Thank you

Thanks Scaredie