The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Just wanted to say Good Morning to ( Everyone ) a bit chilly in Upper NY be snowing soon I guess lol ! @ WR , PW here kind of over did the coffee this AM and now i want more go figure ? Wishing those who need a break from this mess a great window ! Huggs ~CD

Hey WR, Thanks!  I always look forward to your posts, following your progress.  Actually, I am leaving the house on the water and moving inland - up the street.

Yes, there is a romantic sentiment about living on the water.  I always wanted to marry a lighthouse keeper and keep him company.  JK!  It is a very surreal experience when the sky and the water are the same color and that's all you can see out the big windows.  My profile pic is a watercolor I did of my view.  My later years have arrived.  Lol.

In spite of everything, I do trust the Universe.  Most of the time....

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[80...]

Hi everyone,

I went to my endocrinologist today after having a sonogram of my thyroid, bloodwork, cortisol testing -both saliva and urine. My thyroid nodules are still normal so I'm not hyperthyroid and my cortisol is on the high average range. I'm very happy with the results. I have also gained 10 more pounds since my last visit. I'm able to eat more things like some sugar, chocolate, a little gluten here and there, a little dairy like yogurt and more vegetables. I'm so thankful about my thyroid. My window closed yesterday and although I've had an off day, I still feel better than I did a few months ago. Sleep is awful and bones crack all day long.A few people on Baylissa's bloom in wellness site also have bones cracking including Baylissa's husband. This withdrawal is so crazy. Nothing else new ,but I wanted to give everyone hope that you can experience big improvements in withdrawal. My brain is so scattered that I feel like I don't have one some of the time. I guess that I've rambled enough.

Praying for everyone everyday,

Gilster

Hi KK Family, hope eveyone is doing good.

Glister, glad things went well with your appointment. 

Coyote, you are a really good artist. 

Me-I'm feeling a little off.  Not sure if it's DP/DR on top of forward tripping.  Feel uncomfortable in my skin.  Really hope this goes away.  Question, did anyone find towards the end of their taper that they could cut faster?

Hope everyone has a good evening. 

TRY

I am confused and need help, been tapering since November off Klonopin, dry cut using scale. I have been cutting too much every two weeks and it makes me a mess and then I have to hold for weeks.  Was cutting 1.19% every two weeks, then 2.98% then 4.98% and then varied it and now I don't know what I am doing anymore. So I am going to start daily cuts from now on that are consistently but slowly tapering me down.

Question: What is the generally accepted percentage (or range or weight, whatever you can suggest) for daily dry cuts for Klonopin? I use dry cutting, a scale, and Excel Spreadsheet. I am at .348 Klonopin right now. I am brain dead today so need help. Thanks!

I am confused and need help, been tapering since November off Klonopin, dry cut using scale. I have been cutting too much every two weeks and it makes me a mess and then I have to hold for weeks.  Was cutting 1.19% every two weeks, then 2.98% then 4.98% and then varied it and now I don't know what I am doing anymore. So I am going to start daily cuts from now on that are consistently but slowly tapering me down.

Question: What is the generally accepted percentage (or range or weight, whatever you can suggest) for daily dry cuts for Klonopin? I use dry cutting, a scale, and Excel Spreadsheet. I am at .348 Klonopin right now. I am brain dead today so need help. Thanks!

Hi.

I highly recommend you cut and post this question on the microtapering Support group thread. Chances are you will get good feeback for developing a solid taper plan.

In general, I would recommend that at the dose you are at, you don't be a slave to percentages; be a slave to the increment that you cut, if you are going to be a slave at all. Typically, those who microtaper are removing in the range of .001 g of K per day (using a .50 mg pill). If you were to translate this to cut and hold, then you could try making a .007 g cut every 7-10 days. The lower the dose, the more adjusting may be necessary. Thats why you have many folks microtapering. Folks who find .001 g a day too fast may cut only every other day. Once you find your rhythm, the percentages make little difference. its about finding a pace that is tolerable.

Best to you,

Bennie

Thanks so much Benniejets! That was just the info I needed. Ok, good idea about going to MT Support Group. Just realized it was there, didn't know about that group. Thanks again!

Thanks so much Benniejets! That was just the info I needed. Ok, good idea about going to MT Support Group. Just realized it was there, didn't know about that group. Thanks again!

Another thing. My sig only shows benchmark dates during microtapering. ut I started MT at about where you are at. I had gone really really fast tostart, and it caught up with me. SO I had to go way slow. it took a long time, but I got it done. Do what you need to do, not what you think you should be doing or what you hope you can tolerate. To push things is so unbelievably self- sabotaging. Find your pace. You'll be OK.

Benniejets, good to know. And I am an expert at self sabotage. I have been so impatient to get off Klonopin.

Also, scared to death that the next time I see my MD that he will get angry that it is taking so long and say no more refills. That thought causes more anxiety than anything. Sometimes I even practice what I will say to him and plan to bring my excel spreadsheet and journal to prove I am really trying as hard as I can. He thought I could taper in a month after he rx it for 8 years.

I also have asthma and have to take Theophlline which has the main side effect of anxiety so I get hit double. I have to remind him of this every time I see him and he always acts surprised. He doesn't take notes. Wonder if he remembers anything I say.

I will prevail, I can't rush this because then I can't function at all and have to hold for weeks.

Hello KK,

Hope those who have been having a rough time are feeling better. 

I heard a song on my walk this morning. "There have been so many things that held us down, but now it looks like things are finally coming around.  We won't let nothing hold us back.  Don't you let nothing, nothing stand in your way.  Ain't No Stopping Us Now!  It's been far too long!  We are leaving the negative people behind.  No stopping us now, we are going to keep trying over and over.  Our time has finally come around.  We are moving straight ahead!  Though many obstacles may be in our we, We Are Going To Get There Someday!

WE SACRIFICE TODAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW

TRY

Hi there.

Per someone's suggestion, I'll ask something similar to what I've asked before.

I got benzogirl's suggestion about Seroquel.

This is a very hard question. This is a very physical drug, and the only way I know to taper is being being in good health and high functioning before I start a taper (let's skip that lorazepam issue...). tapering the drug is extremly disruptive.

The drug has mixed properties, sedative/stimulating (mentally or physically) and it is probably at least partly paradoxical. Hard to break through those disruptive effects.

Any suggestions about adjunctive meds ? Ideally, a drug should be tapered directly (quite a change in tone compared to a few years ago, when this forum was all 'Ashton this, Ashton that > diazepam!)'

One thing that worked for me a long time ago was drinking a bottle/glass of alcohol for sleep. It allowed me to 'break though the barrier' and fall asleep.

Unfortunately, I did it for too long and I ended up with some mixed clonazepam/alcohol dependency (even though it was not much alcohol), and that taper failed.

Someone suggested MM, I'm not sure if it's not too 'mild'.

Hi folks,

Liberty:  CBD oil has been very helpful for some of my withdrawal symptoms-anxiety, muscle aches, tremors/shaking and also stimulates my appetite a bit.  It's very, very low in THC so there's no high to worry about.  It has really made a difference on some of my roughest days.

Still riding the roller coaster here  :D  Feet started buzzing on and off today-what a bizarre symptom-oh well.  Been super tired lately, too.

Sending hugs to all  :smitten:

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you TRY for your extremely generous compliment!  BTW, we share similar symptoms - I can relate to so much of your posts.

Burned - Yes, I've noticed a buzzing sensation, almost speedy at times.  And the now all day  fatigue.  It almost reminds me of how I felt the last couple years on full dose klonopin when I couldn't get off the couch for a year.    Speedy and fatigue  :idiot:

Thinking of all of you.  :smitten:

Good morning Buddies!

The man running with a tire tied to his back was out this morning.  He told me he is training for a race in the snow in Alaska where he will pull a dog sled.  Fascinating what a person will do to win a race, or just finish it, huh?

I continue with anxiety and muscles all clenched up.  I am forcing myself to keep moving.  It seems to keep the muscles from getting tighter.  I received the magnesium that VanessaC recommended.  I am taking the recommended dose and it is at least better than taking that high dose of the pills from the local store.  I really don't have a clue what has truly helped me or not.  It seems like keeping a positive, hopeful state of mind is the only thing that truly helps, even if I have to loop Baylissa's or someone else's youtube meditations all night and morning.  I also force myself to do things that feel uncomfortable or scary.  I rest in between tough things.  Within an hour of rest, anxiety returns so I go and do something, even if it is laundry or petting the dogs.

Objectively I think I am doing better overall.  Subjectively, I am tired and feel very much like I've been running in the hot August, Georgia sun dragging a tire behind me.  With a metal box stuck on my head. 

But I'm gonna keep going. 

Keep Hoping, :smitten:

Nomo

Good morning!

I have been lurking in BenzoBuddies for a while, and recently came upon the Klonopin Klub.  I speak from experience when I say the Klonopin taper is the hardest!  I have also made many mistakes - some due to my brain fog, and others from not knowing any better (or finding out too late).  I'm not sure what my signature tagline says, but following are the meds I was taking before starting my taper:

4 mg estazolam

1 mg klonopin

4 mg lorazepam

200 mg Zoloft

I began my journey with a healthy eating plan in Oct., 2015, and got to my goal weight in March, 2016 (I lost 55 lbs, and have been on maintenance since then).  Once I had my weight under control, I thought it would be a good time to get off my meds, since I am 58 years old, and have been on medication (for sleeping) for as long as I can remember.  I have been on and off so many meds - dropping them and starting new ones - with no knowledge that I was going through withdrawal of any kind.  I was so happy to find BenzoBuddies and to know I was not alone, and to help me understand why it is so hard.  To make a very long story a bit shorter, in the 5 months I have been tapering, I am now off of everything except estazolam (and that is down from 4 mg to approx. 1.75 mg).  I now know that my "taper" was super fast, and I was also tapering off more than one med at a time (and didn't even know it - I was forgetting to take one of my meds during the day due to brain fog!).  The klonopin was definitely the worst - by far.  I tapered this from April 30th, 2016 and jumped on August 8, 2016 (10% cut every 10 days).  I never thought I would be able to post anything in here because I have been such a mess, but I began to realize the other day that I actually want to live!!  As others here have reported, I didn't feel like doing any of the things I used to do, because I simply didn't care.  I also work full-time, and have so many additional responsibilities.  My husband has been as supportive as he can be, but sometimes he gets frustrated as well, and I just have to keep telling him I can't - and I still can't.  I must be in a window right now, so I'm just accepting it.  Mind you, I still have lots of sxs, but I do want to live (huge improvement!).

I plan to keep my current schedule with tapering from estazolam, and I will be completely off all meds by the end of October.  It's ironic that I was taking all of these meds so that I could sleep at night, but I wasn't even sleeping!  That's why I was taking so many meds.  The doctors really don't have a clue. I was in to see my family doctor when I was first starting my taper, and I had a schedule all typed up and showed it to him, and like so many others have reported, he thought I was pretty extreme - just told me to stop taking them.  I should not have listened to him when he told me to how to get off Zoloft:  go from 200 mg to 100 mg for two weeks, then go to 50 mg every other day for two weeks, then you're done.  I did it, and I'm here to tell about it, but I really feel (in hindsight) like I could have not survived, especially since I was already tapering from my other meds. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here.  You all sound so smart and witty, and I am not.  I used to have a sense of humor, but it is not with me now.  I am hopeful it will be back some day.

Thank you for listening.  :smitten:

Hugs to all.

Hey benzogirl,

Did you have to deal with an angry or disappointed pdoc ?

Not yet, appointment in October. I have not made much progress in the last month so I am worried. Can't seem to hit many windows long enough, even for a few days, to taper again. But worrying only makes it worse so trying not to. Thanks so much for asking! I am so grateful for this forum!

Hey benzogirl,

Oh, sorry, your post wasn't meant for me. I am brain dead lately so please forgive me. :)

Good morning!

I have been lurking in BenzoBuddies for a while, and recently came upon the Klonopin Klub.  I speak from experience when I say the Klonopin taper is the hardest!  I have also made many mistakes - some due to my brain fog, and others from not knowing any better (or finding out too late).  I'm not sure what my signature tagline says, but following are the meds I was taking before starting my taper:

4 mg estazolam

1 mg klonopin

4 mg lorazepam

200 mg Zoloft

I began my journey with a healthy eating plan in Oct., 2015, and got to my goal weight in March, 2016 (I lost 55 lbs, and have been on maintenance since then).  Once I had my weight under control, I thought it would be a good time to get off my meds, since I am 58 years old, and have been on medication (for sleeping) for as long as I can remember.  I have been on and off so many meds - dropping them and starting new ones - with no knowledge that I was going through withdrawal of any kind.  I was so happy to find BenzoBuddies and to know I was not alone, and to help me understand why it is so hard.  To make a very long story a bit shorter, in the 5 months I have been tapering, I am now off of everything except estazolam (and that is down from 4 mg to approx. 1.75 mg).  I now know that my "taper" was super fast, and I was also tapering off more than one med at a time (and didn't even know it - I was forgetting to take one of my meds during the day due to brain fog!).  The klonopin was definitely the worst - by far.  I tapered this from April 30th, 2016 and jumped on August 8, 2016 (10% cut every 10 days).  I never thought I would be able to post anything in here because I have been such a mess, but I began to realize the other day that I actually want to live!!  As others here have reported, I didn't feel like doing any of the things I used to do, because I simply didn't care.  I also work full-time, and have so many additional responsibilities.  My husband has been as supportive as he can be, but sometimes he gets frustrated as well, and I just have to keep telling him I can't - and I still can't.  I must be in a window right now, so I'm just accepting it.  Mind you, I still have lots of sxs, but I do want to live (huge improvement!).

I plan to keep my current schedule with tapering from estazolam, and I will be completely off all meds by the end of October.  It's ironic that I was taking all of these meds so that I could sleep at night, but I wasn't even sleeping!  That's why I was taking so many meds.  The doctors really don't have a clue. I was in to see my family doctor when I was first starting my taper, and I had a schedule all typed up and showed it to him, and like so many others have reported, he thought I was pretty extreme - just told me to stop taking them.  I should not have listened to him when he told me to how to get off Zoloft:  go from 200 mg to 100 mg for two weeks, then go to 50 mg every other day for two weeks, then you're done.  I did it, and I'm here to tell about it, but I really feel (in hindsight) like I could have not survived, especially since I was already tapering from my other meds. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here.  You all sound so smart and witty, and I am not.  I used to have a sense of humor, but it is not with me now.  I am hopeful it will be back some day.

Thank you for listening.  :smitten:

Hugs to all.

Hello Rain and welcome to KK.

It's pretty quiet on the thread lately, so come and hang out with us often.

I'm just passing through and wanted to welcome you. 

And, I'm fairly certain that most everyone would say they felt they lost their sense of humor.  I'm finally seeing glimpses of my "old" self.  It's been so long, I thought I had died.

Hang in there!

:smitten: :smitten: to everyone.

Just wanted to stick my head in before bed and wish everyone well for the evening/tomorrow. May you all find sleep and peace. <3

Hey benzogirl,

Oh, sorry, your post wasn't meant for me. I am brain dead lately so please forgive me. :)

;)

Thank you for the warm welcome, CoyoteLake!

I notice that the KK thread is quite slow, but I don't mind.

I will take your advice and continue to check it out - I know this is exactly where I belong.

Wishing you and everyone a wonderful and peaceful weekend!

With respect.

Love following you all.  I am tapering Valium and having a very rough time but just love to read the things you post.  YOu are a great group and I use some of the info here to help myself.  Thanks to you all and keep going strong. :thumbsup:

[80...]

hi everyone,

just popping my head in to say hello. my morning started out pretty good. It is very hot in Florida.it gives me feelings of fatigue and anxiety at times. just trying to stay distracted with housework. I hope that people are doing ok today.