Author Topic: The Klonopin Klub#2  (Read 149086 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Klonopin Klub#2
« Reply #3780 on: September 15, 2021, 02:44:44 pm »
Hi guys,

I am the [...] victim of klonopin. Its a monster evil drug. I got off it but now suffering. All thanks to the misprescribed drug. I [...] I can find relief here. Thank you for this thread

Hi guys,

I am the [...] victim of klonopin. Its a monster evil drug. I got off it but now suffering. All thanks to the misprescribed drug. I [...] I can find relief here. Thank you for this thread

Things will get better with time. I know that's not the best answer but perhaps it's the truest.  You are in the most acute part of getting off the medication and if I'm reading  your signature correctly, you were not on it that long?  Was it like a week? With benzos, it sometimes doesn't matter the length of time, the impact is the impact.

Be gentle with yourself, distract on the days that you feel lousy and your brain will heal.  Many of us who were on for longer periods of time [...] experienced healing so keep the faith! You will heal. 

[...]
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I [...] been given this drug for 5 days once and then they stopped it without proper information and procedure.
Then after two months again I was given this medicine for a week almost but till then I got to know what this drug is in actual and I tapered it off.

As u said impact is impact. I am suffering but I know I am healing and I am so glad I found this forum where I could really get help and assurance. Thank you once again [...] ..  :)

Five days!? Holy cow, that's crazy. The power of those drugs never cease to amaze me. Stick it out. You'[...] get there! It took me six years, but I got there too :)

How are you [...]? I'm off a little over 7 months and doing all right.

What's up, Final!!?? I was just logging in today to reach out to see how you've been doing lately. I didn't [...] enough time yesterday. Anyway, I've been doing so much better. I've been off a handful of months, and I [...] to continue getting better. Sleep continues to be a big issue, but I'm sure it'[...] take a while considering I was putting this k stuff into my body for over 27 years. Patience, right? GI issues can still be a challenge, but I'm going in the right direction. The fun seems to never end, but it will!! I did get a miserable case of Covid. My wife brought it home to me after traveling. She only had it for 5 days and it was no big deal. I got it and was in absolute terror and torture for the first 18 days. Three times to doc, clinic, etc. I'm still fighting fatigue and a few other issues, but I'm hoping for a full recovery soon. Docs said I'[...] probably be a long-hauler. 'Miserable torture' is the only way to describe what I went through and it was 24/7, no breaks. It's interesting how some people [...] no issues at all while others get blasted and even die. I prayed for death more than a few times!!! Maybe the taper had something to do with my experience. Enough of that, how's everything going for you? I know you said you're doing alright, but fill me in. I'm lifting you up and hoping for the best :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3781 on: September 15, 2021, 03:19:49 pm »
[/quote]

What's up, Final!!?? I was just logging in today to reach out to see how you've been doing lately. I didn't [...] enough time yesterday. Anyway, I've been doing so much better. I've been off a handful of months, and I [...] to continue getting better. Sleep continues to be a big issue, but I'm sure it'[...] take a while considering I was putting this k stuff into my body for over 27 years. Patience, right? GI issues can still be a challenge, but I'm going in the right direction. The fun seems to never end, but it will!! I did get a miserable case of Covid. My wife brought it home to me after traveling. She only had it for 5 days and it was no big deal. I got it and was in absolute terror and torture for the first 18 days. Three times to doc, clinic, etc. I'm still fighting fatigue and a few other issues, but I'm hoping for a full recovery soon. Docs said I'[...] probably be a long-hauler. 'Miserable torture' is the only way to describe what I went through and it was 24/7, no breaks. It's interesting how some people [...] no issues at all while others get blasted and even die. I prayed for death more than a few times!!! Maybe the taper had something to do with my experience. Enough of that, how's everything going for you? I know you said you're doing alright, but fill me in. I'm lifting you up and hoping for the best :)
[/quote]

Oh, [...] that is horrible that you got hit with COVID and suffered so much. I'm so sorry you had to go through that experience and were that scared.  Who wouldn't be with the symptoms you shared.  I'm going to hold onto the intention that you are going to completely recover.  Please don't take your doctor's work as gospel that you will be a long hauler (I guess you can hear my push back on doctors). I know you know how to care for yourself from tapering and that you will. 

Things will get better [...], including sleep.  Mine has gotten better since those first few months and now I sleep pretty well.  Still broken up into 3 hours chunks but improving.  I also think it will get deeper, which is what I miss the most-those really [...] sleeps where you wake up refreshed.  I believe that's a matter of time. 

As far as my update, I just posted one in Benzo celebrations that captures my current experience.  I've posted the link below for you to read.  Overall, I am doing pretty well.  Right now I'm recovering from a small fracture and am wearing a boot, which makes me feel a little stuck in terms of activity.  I'm trying to be patient and just catch up on things in my home and business that need attention.  Tapering sure taught me patience because like you, I tapered for 6 years, with two other meds and a benzo. 

You were always a voice of optimism on this thread even though I know it was a long trip to get to the end.  Thanks for that and I'm sending you positive, healing vibes for you continued healing from both COVID and Benzos.

[...]'s Update: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=260501.0
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3782 on: September 16, 2021, 03:18:39 pm »

[/quote]

Oh, [...] that is horrible that you got hit with COVID and suffered so much. I'm so sorry you had to go through that experience and were that scared.  Who wouldn't be with the symptoms you shared.  I'm going to hold onto the intention that you are going to completely recover.  Please don't take your doctor's work as gospel that you will be a long hauler (I guess you can hear my push back on doctors). I know you know how to care for yourself from tapering and that you will. 

Things will get better [...], including sleep.  Mine has gotten better since those first few months and now I sleep pretty well.  Still broken up into 3 hours chunks but improving.  I also think it will get deeper, which is what I miss the most-those really [...] sleeps where you wake up refreshed.  I believe that's a matter of time. 

As far as my update, I just posted one in Benzo celebrations that captures my current experience.  I've posted the link below for you to read.  Overall, I am doing pretty well.  Right now I'm recovering from a small fracture and am wearing a boot, which makes me feel a little stuck in terms of activity.  I'm trying to be patient and just catch up on things in my home and business that need attention.  Tapering sure taught me patience because like you, I tapered for 6 years, with two other meds and a benzo. 

You were always a voice of optimism on this thread even though I know it was a long trip to get to the end.  Thanks for that and I'm sending you positive, healing vibes for you continued healing from both COVID and Benzos.

[...]'s Update: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=260501.0
[/quote]

I loved reading your celebration post! Congrats to you, you awesome person. I know things aren't great yet, but you're dang close! Actually, I had forgotten that you had tapered off of several meds. You deserve such a mega congratulations. By the way, you should write a book. I don't say that just because of your experience, but also because you're such a great writer and story teller.  It's a fantastic gift. Anyway, better and better days to you, my friend. You deserve it. Today is the first day of the rest of your life, and I'd say it's gonna be a good one!! Bless you  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3783 on: September 17, 2021, 02:50:43 am »
Thank you for your words [...].

I'm am thinking of a book, not about my benzo journey but more about transformation.  What we go through and why,  as human beings is fascinating to me.

I am wishing you lots of good days ahead and I look forward to reading your updates and success story.  I know you will continue to take good care of yourself because you deserve it. God bless you too.

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #3784 on: September 17, 2021, 12:55:00 pm »
Thank you for your words [...].

I'm am thinking of a book, not about my benzo journey but more about transformation.  What we go through and why,  as human beings is fascinating to me.

I am wishing you lots of good days ahead and I look forward to reading your updates and success story.  I know you will continue to take good care of yourself because you deserve it. God bless you too.

[...].

:smitten: :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3785 on: October 09, 2021, 07:34:27 pm »
Hi there,
I posted in this forum previously and am currently on day 14 of a ~10% cut from my stable dose of 2mg to 1.75mg and am having an incredibly difficult time.

I've gone through the thread reading page after page but I can't seem to find anyone else who has had a bad reaction cutting such a relatively small amount at such a high dose. I've been checking people's signatures and it seems like it is possible to get off this medication but I can't find posts where people [...] gone into detail where I can find myself relating to them as they're either cutting at this dosage (around 2mg) without much of a reaction or posting about reactions at a much lower overall dose (under 1 [...]).

Could someone please help me with finding an inspiring thread or post history where I can use it as a bit of a North Star? I realize everyone has a different journey but I'm feeling fairly alone in my experience.

Thanks for your time to read,

[Buddie]

« Reply #3786 on: October 09, 2021, 09:11:32 pm »
Hi [...]

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. Was it only your recent cut that resulted in these symptoms?

As you probably know there could be a number of reasons for that. From my own experience I could offer you two. When I cut from 1mg to 0.93mg it was a 6% cut. It was pretty tough. I was still functioning but having a rough time. I couldn't understand why I would respond so badly to only 6% at such a high dose. I then switched to micro tapering. It worked much better for my body. It's not necessarily the answer for everyone and it certainly has other complications to consider but worked for me.

Recently I got hit by a wave out of nowhere. I was tapering between 7-9%. I now think that the 9% was too big for me. So even if you taper within the guidelines the actual percentage might just be too much for your body to handle. You might want to consider a lower percentage at your next cut and see how it goes?

Hopefully this cut levels out for you soon.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3787 on: October 10, 2021, 02:58:03 am »
Thank you so much for responding to my message. It [...] not seem like much but to someone like me who doesn't [...] anyone who can relate to these challenges even a quick reply can be a huge help. :)

Yes my symptoms only started within the last two weeks. I [...] do some investigating on micro-tapering but I think at this point I'm going to hold at 1.75 for a month or so even after I get to a stable state just to [...] and live life a little. Isn't my dose a little too high for microdosing? I'm still not super familiar with the process but am going to look into it!

Assuming on your journey down to 1mg you did a cut and hold, did you find that your symptoms began to subside after the two week mark? Might just be wishful thinking on my part that the worst of this cut is behind me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3788 on: October 10, 2021, 03:47:55 am »
I think holding is a very wise decision. You've had quite a rocky journey to date with your fluctuating doses and it might just be that your body needs time out to adjust and stabilize.

When I held at 0.93 I think I felt better within 2-3 weeks. But this last hold was a 5 week hold and I only started to feel a major improvement after a month.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason or logic to when we start feeling better after holding. I think it's an individual thing.

I do support and think taking a proper break like a month can only benefit you. Please keep us updated on how it goes!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3789 on: October 10, 2021, 01:12:24 pm »
[...] to this thread but suffering greatly at 10 months off klonopin. Physically the worst.. nausea.. dizzy spells.. developed essiential tremor being treated for heart palpitations (pvcs) now experiencing hand weakness strange tingling weakness in left hand. Iím really far out and still get bouts of air hunger. Would really love to hear from anyone who has suffered this much physically. Iím trying as hard to hold firm and keep going but itís truly becoming unbearable ( did I mention my left eye is now twitching)
I came off klonopin fast and it was brutal but by now to [...] so many [...] symptoms is destroying my resolve.