The Klonopin Klub#2

[ma...]

Hi Everyone

“Extremely long threads cause large server loads. This can slow down the loading of the thread, or even create wider problems for the forum.  “Klonopin  Klub”  had become  much longer than is recommended , so, I've locked the thread.

The opening post from “recoveringfrombenzoz”  in the original thread, read:

It seems people who get off of klonopin have a pretty nasty time. All benzos can be hard to beat, for sure, but so often klon seems to be a beast.

I thought I would make a support thread for people to share their experience, strength and hope.

Anyone want to share a question, post some support, words of wisdom?

All I can say is it has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I am still  fighting to be well. My windows of peace have been amazing. I know one day I will have a door and walk through it.

I am grateful for all of you who have held my hand and my heart here on BB.

Hope I can return the favor as I continue to heal.

The last post to the original thread, read:

Thanks, Nomo and Burned!  :)

Yes! Grateful for windows....I've had so many of them...lasting many days in a row...only a few hours here and there that have been wonky....this is the kind of wave that takes me back months and months...and yes..I think the stress yesterday triggered it.

I recall learning that added stress is similar to a deficit of benzo...fight or flight...senses on high alert..thus increased sxs.  It makes sense to me, as K calms (artificially) the CNS, stress excites it...lack of benzo plus added stress = increased w/d sxs.

Time to breathe...

:smitten:

Please continue posting to this new thread.

Thank You everyone. :smitten:

[98...]

Hi KK,

Well I guess we are starting a new thread.

Dear My Mana and Nomo and all of you warriors,

Wishing you windows today. Keep up the fight. We will do this by kicking K to the curb.

Warmly,

Gilster

Echoing Grace's positive words!  Welcome to the new thread and I'm wishing you all courage, strength, peace and tenacity to manage this process.  Hang in there!  It does absolutely get better.  I'm almost 4 months free now and the symptoms, while still there, are so much less intense, completely manageable and I can absolutely see the road to normal approaching in the coming months!

Much love, best wishes and great healing to all who come upon this thread.

Everhopeful

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Transitions are hard for us right now.  Let's make this easier by posting away and making this our new home!

CD:  (((Huggs!!)))

Sending hope out to Mana, Gilster, Bennie, WR, Kgirl, Newgirl, B Strong, Try, and all of you.  3rd rough day in a row for me so I cannot  do names as I'd like to.

Glad we are here.

Nomo :smitten:

Good morning Nomo, Ever, Gilster and all Klubbers.  Sending love to everyone on our sparkling new thread.  :smitten:

Keep on keepin' on! 

HUGGS to all,

WR

Hi KK, see we have a new home!!! 

Hoping this is a day of continued healing, and calm for everyone.

CD,I see you max'd out our old thread, being too helpful and encouraging!!  :)

Nomo, hang in there my friend.  Things will get better.

I went for a walk.  Not as peaceful as the other day.  But, I'm grateful just to be able to walk.

Wishing abundant windows for EVERYONE!!

TRY

Morning all  :),

Wishing everyone some windows today and sending healing thoughts:

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"    Christopher Robin    :smitten:

So glad to see you guys.  Thanks for the Pooh quote, Burned.  Needed that.  Thanks for coming around, WR!

Yes, surely CD, it was too many (((huggs)) that put us over the top!

Trying2Bme, Thanks for the encouragement.  I am really struggling today. 

I bet it will get better.

Nomo :smitten:

Hi everyone! Look at this shiny new thread. I freaked out when I saw the old one was locked, but once I read the mod post I understood, haha.

I'm going to be brief because today is a rough day, but the good news is it's the first truly rough day I've had in about two weeks! Anxiety has been manageable, my stomach has been improving (I ate popcorn and macarons the other day - which is huge! - and which was great because I love and have missed both of those), and I'm slowly slowly re-building my endurance and energy levels. Today is somewhat raft-y, but I knew waves could still happen post-taper due to the nonlinear nature of our healing. And the fact that this is the first true wave in two weeks is huge! I didn't even realize it until today.

So this is just a quick post to remind everyone still tapering: it DOES get better. So much better. I'm still healing and have a long road of it, but the improvement I've already seen in around a month is so reassuring. Never ever give up hope.

- Daisies

Hey all. Feeling pretty good post jump, I would say I'm in a window. About to go out to eat with my daughter. Wishing you well.

Love,

MissB

Great to hear you're feeling well MissB! You too Daisies - so glad you're feeling better as the days pass.  GREAT news about your GI & anxiety improving!  I hope the wave breaks soon.

Bstrong - sorry you're still having a tough time.  I know how difficult it is to just endure day-to-day but it truly does get better as you get lower in dose and especially once off.  Hang in there, and let us know how you're doing.  Sending you strength.

Take care buddies.  Love to everyone. :smitten:

WR

Wow a new thread hello all my buddies on KK.

Daisies what fabulous news - it does get better each day we are off.

MissB - terrific news that you are feeling great but don't get discouraged if you get a wave - it will be shorter than ones you have had before and your baseline will get better.

NYC hope you have a great time away again I guess we are missing each other again but I will wave to you as we drive up the NYS Thruway this weekend.

Bstrong - it will get better and if it doesn't well you will be like me - I just powered through and I feel better off than on. 

Can Do I hope you are doing okay my friend- hot as the blazes here so tell me where is my cabin in the woods for next summer - seriously I have to get out of this heat- when I went to my car it read 106 - UGH!!

Gilster I read your blog - great news you are also feeling better. 

Sending a shout out to all - Hugs and prayers for healing.

Hi kgirl: I just wanted to let you know I won my suit against that surgeon of mine. That's why I was able to take a 10-day vacation to St. Bart's. All thanks to you. :clap::yippee::hug:

B Strong, thinking of you.  Better days are coming.

missB, enjoy your dinner with your daughter!!

Hi all!  Hang in there...this will pass.

TRY

Thanks Burned, WR, KGirl, and Try for the encouragement. I really appreciate it and know I'm thinking of all of you. Hoping for Windows for us all....

B strong

YES!! I freaked out too!!  :o  Does our new thread have a name??  I haven't looked...only clicked on the link provided by Magrita...

Better today...the big wave washed over me and it's gone for now at least.

Bstrong...sorry to read you are having a rough time...hoping you feel better by the time you see this  :)

So GREAT to hear from all our buddies...Ever, Kgirl, WR, Daisies, everyone who has jumped and those of us who are plugging along - at various stages and phases of our tapers... Try, Gilster, Bets, Nomo, Burned, CD...looks like my post actually put us over the top  :D....says something about all of us that we have hung together as we have...really wonderful.  Very grateful..... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mana

P.S.

Just saw....Klonopin Klub #2... ;)

Missb,

Congrats!!! So happy for you  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I just wanted to say hi really quick. I am sorry I haven't been around more. I am glad to see so many doing better. For those having a rough time remember it will get better. My period was brutal with bad back pain with neuropathy. Ezra's CBD in coco oil is helpful. I also have had some personal things. I will write more soon. I miss everyone and I think of you all everyday!

Sending so much love and light

:smitten:

XXO Maya

Morning folks. I'm having a pain flare up. Premenstrual. Ongoing marital strife. Need I say more, for an idea of why I am so  :-[ and  :P. I've been having nightmares too. Maybe I'm having better karma in a parallel universe...

Sending hugs to Burned Maya, BStrong, Nomo and everyone suffering. Thinking good thoughts for all the warriors, recent jumpers and recovering BBers.

So nice to hear from you, Daisies. And My mana, you sound good too.

CD, stay cool and wear sunscreen.  8)

Bennie

Hey K Kids - we almost blew up the place with so many posts.  ::)

It has been quiet - internally and externally.  I come here everyday to check in - just haven't felt like I had any new to add.  These are certainly strange times and going through this benzoworld experience is enough to turn your hair grey. 

I've been preoccupied with life issues - don't ya just hate that?  Life gets in the way all the time.  Going back to work next week, which means my brain needs to come along for the ride.  And, I am moving to a sweet little house up the street.  I moved to the shoreline two years ago (an hour away from my 'base' and where I knew no one) and found a house on the water to rent.  It was too big and too expensive for just me, but I had money my Dad left me when he died three years ago and I knew the Universe offered me this experience for a reason, so I took it.  Little did I know I was about to embark on a vision quest.  My house is right up against the sea wall, so when I look out my windows, all I can see is water.  My entire sensory experience is water.  Needless to say, it has been intense.  And because of where the house is located, I can't see my neighbors unless I look out my bathroom window.  There are many nights I go into the bathroom just to make sure I'm not floating away. 

Anyway - the good news is I haven't had the energy to collect more crap, but I am still purging and still finding old photos, notes, etc. tucked away in books.  I have to restrain myself and not throw away everything...it's exhausting.  But, I am excited about my new home, which is on a dead end road - so it will be quiet.  No long-ass driveway to worry about, and I can look out my windows and see house lights on.  Living in benzoworld and then beginning the process of leaving it is very isolating - I guess on some level I chose to really isolate these last two years by living on a house - boat.  I try not to analyze myself too much  :idiot:

I feel like I'm wrapping myself up in a protective blanket.  I know what I need to do over the next couple months and bracing myself for the ride.  I'm almost at 1/4 tablet - .050 grams - not sure what that is in mg.  I've never been this low in 12 years.  I know something feels different, I'm just not sure what.  The DR/DP freaks me out most of the time.

Are there any Patron Saints or Archangels of Moving????  :crazy:

I think about you all everyday and I pray for all of us.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning buddies  :smitten:

Bennie, sorry you've been feeling  :-[/ :sick:.  I had a taste of your groin pain yesterday out of the blue.  It was thankfully mild enough that I was able to work through it with yoga/stretching. These are examples of poses that helped me http://www.yogajournal.com/category/poses/types/hip-openers/ (feasible only of course when your pain level is manageable).  Sending you love.

Coyote, good to hear from you. Your new house on the water sounds dreamy.  Funny, during the deep pit of withdrawal hell, I told my husband that my dream was for us to live on a house boat!  I suppose it suited my hunkering tendencies at the time, although it still seems like a fun alternative to anchoring down in our later years (preparing for our "later years" = an on again/off again withdrawal obsession of mine  :-X). 

TO ALL - wishing you a day filled with windows or at least moments of relief.  Love and big hugs to you all. 

WR