Author Topic: The Klonopin Klub#2  (Read 124924 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Klonopin Klub#2
« Reply #3580 on: August 02, 2020, 10:37:46 pm »
Thanks [...]!

I think my main problem is I [...] OCD (withdrawals are actually one of my obsessions) as it's not all that difficult for me to worry myself sick (literally). It can be hard to tell the difference between actual withdrawals and my own mind playing tricks on me. That's why I'm so... Confused... On how to proceed.

For now I'm going to [...] to reduce to .75 when needed and move down from there until off. Feels like a crutch but I don't want to completely jump off and go through some harsh withdrawals if I can avoid it.

[...] to stay positive. When I didn't take it everyday, I could literally just stop and I never noticed any withdrawal. It wasn't until a [...] doctor told me to double the dose to 1 [...] and take everyday forever that I got into trouble (and now cannot figure out how to get off).

And I know very well about worrying myself sick. I [...] spent too much of my life getting sick to my stomach over and over due to worry.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3581 on: August 03, 2020, 01:34:18 am »
[...],

What served me well with tapering is to not go too terribly fast for safety's sake but to keep the momentum up as much as seemed reasonable.  Staying functional and involved in life were also important for me. 

[...]   :thumbsup:

Thanks [...]....having a functional and involved life is already a challenge for me during Covid. I hear you though and appreciate your sharing that. I [...] a birthday coming up and itís honestly been making me nervous...I [...] Iím not feeling like crap and having to force a smile during a zoom birthday. Lol. Ií[...] be grateful if they want to sing to me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3582 on: August 04, 2020, 12:22:14 pm »
Thanks for all the well wishes! Iíve had some trouble falling asleep at night but nothing disabling. Itís amazing that Ií[...] be free now for the first time since 2005. Itís very exciting. Ií[...] check back in and see how everyone is doing. Please hang in there!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3583 on: August 05, 2020, 05:07:49 pm »
[...],

Congratulations on jumping, wishing you well with your healing!

Best,
Sun 🌻

[Buddie]

« Reply #3584 on: August 06, 2020, 11:47:48 pm »
Wow, I was wondering today if Iím becoming more of a jerk while tapering off. I felt more road-ragey while driving today. And I havenít felt that way in a long time. Then it made me think *what if* after Iím off K (one day, fingers crossed) and discover that Iím a jerk of a person and that the K was keeping me from being the true jerk that I am.

But then I thought, Iíd rather deal with fixing my jerkness while K-free rather than being dependent on K. Iím sure none of these thoughts are [...] for this forum. Lol. But yeah ... I kinda thought I was being a jerk. Note: jerk is not the word I was thinking of today. But I reviewed the forum guidelines and no profanity. Got it. Ií[...] let you use your imagination. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3585 on: August 07, 2020, 12:07:48 am »
I get like that too! Then I think what is my problem. I would say. We get irritated easier in wd. I, sure your not a jerk or you wouldn't care. If we [...] things to work on when off then that's ok too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3586 on: August 07, 2020, 05:22:33 am »
Agreed [...] :) Definitely get irritated easier. Haha

Switching gears here but wanted to mention...

When my [...] needed a quarantine break from my [...], she came and stayed with me for a week. I put up one of those suction cup shower handles so she had something to hold onto. I didnít want her slipping in the shower. (You need to make sure itís always secure before each shower [...] it can become loose.)

Anyways, that handle has become quite handy for ME during this when Iím feeling a little w/d wobbly. I kinda love having it there.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3587 on: August 07, 2020, 09:41:40 am »
Hahaaa! Thats funny [...]! I could use one too!  Lol

[Buddie]

« Reply #3588 on: August 21, 2020, 12:21:27 am »
Hi all,

I'm returning after having been here several years ago for a little bit. I spent several years tapering down my K from 3mg to .5 [...] where I currently am. I did cut and holds from around 2014 to 2017 then held there needing a break. I hadn't really given serious thought to restarting my taper until recently given the hell it was back then. But now I'm thinking maybe doing a slow daily micro taper would be far more tolerable. I went pretty slow before and had a lot of difficulty with it. I would say it took me until around 2018 to start feeling much better and more normal most of the time. I had started taking K in 95. Nobody told me they were dangerous. Didn't realize it until 2013. God I wish I knew back then. I broke my leg on monday, so I'm home and trying to keep busy and ended up thinking about restarting my taper again.

I [...] you are all doing well and staying safe right now!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3589 on: August 21, 2020, 01:10:47 pm »
Hi all,

I'm returning after having been here several years ago for a little bit. I spent several years tapering down my K from 3mg to .5 [...] where I currently am. I did cut and holds from around 2014 to 2017 then held there needing a break. I hadn't really given serious thought to restarting my taper until recently given the hell it was back then. But now I'm thinking maybe doing a slow daily micro taper would be far more tolerable. I went pretty slow before and had a lot of difficulty with it. I would say it took me until around 2018 to start feeling much better and more normal most of the time.[color=[...]] I had started taking K in 95. Nobody told me they were dangerous.[/color] Didn't realize it until 2013. God I wish I knew back then. I broke my leg on monday, so I'm home and trying to keep busy and ended up thinking about restarting my taper again.

I [...] you are all doing well and staying safe right now!

I get it. I started in '94 and mercy what a ride! I wish I had been informed too, but at least you and I are headed in the right direction now. I'm well over 5 years in this taper thing. Sounds like it's time for you to heal from the benzo and the leg, as well. Keep listening to your body. It won't steer you wrong!