Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 49000 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2022, 10:26:56 pm »
I will check out the booklet. No..I'm not abusing...just stuck on these stupid psych meds that my pill pushing psych doctors prescribed for me over the years.

As I thought, you are physiologically dependent. I was cautioned not to say addicted because providers have negative reactions to that word.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Can you do a liquid taper with seroquel?
« Reply #611 on: August 15, 2022, 02:32:12 am »
Hi Benzobuddies,

The main thing I am wondering is if there is any way to do a liquid taper with seroquel. There are not any oral formulations of the drug as far as I know. Would it be possible for me to crush the tablets, dissolve them in some form of liquid, and then use a syringe to gradually taper off? That would greatly help me in this process but I don't know if it can be done.

Much thanks in advance for any advice,

Grace
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Can you do a liquid taper with seroquel?
« Reply #612 on: August 15, 2022, 12:26:06 pm »
Hi Benzobuddies,

The main thing I am wondering is if there is any way to do a liquid taper with seroquel. There are not any oral formulations of the drug as far as I know. Would it be possible for me to crush the tablets, dissolve them in some form of liquid, and then use a syringe to gradually taper off? That would greatly help me in this process but I don't know if it can be done.

Grace

I don't see why not, the worst that could happen is the Seroquel wouldn't dissolve and you'd have to shake it before ingesting it.  But this is no different than using liquid titration for benzo's, they don't dissolve either, the most we can hope for is a suspension that has to be shaken before ingestion. 

[Buddie]

Re: Can you do a liquid taper with seroquel?
« Reply #613 on: August 15, 2022, 02:10:52 pm »
Hi Benzobuddies,

Grace
When I got sick of dry cutting my Seroquel, I switched to a taper using just water. The tablet seemed to dissolve fine after sitting in the water about 10 minutes. I do remember in the past having a different brand that did not dissolve, so the binders and fillers must have been different between the 2 brands. The Q itself seemed to dissolve just fine. I dropped the tablet in water in a canning jar, waited 10 minutes or so, then shook for a few seconds. I kept the solution in the refrigerator for 5 days, continuing to draw from it. I always gave the bottle a shake before I drew out my dose just to be on the safe side. After 5 days I made a new bottle of liquid. Sorry, I cant remember how I decided this was an OK method, but it worked fine for me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #614 on: August 15, 2022, 04:16:59 pm »
[...] and [...],

Thank you so much for your responses. That was helpful. [...], that was helpful to know that you were able to dissolve it in water.  I remember somebody on a benzo buddies thread saying that they used a liquid with fat in it because... something about the fat helping with the dissolving or the absorption. ??? Sorry I can't remember exactly what they said. Do you think there is anything to that? Or do you think water is probably the best way to go?

Thanks again!

Grace

[Buddie]

« Reply #615 on: August 15, 2022, 11:49:58 pm »
[...] and [...],

Thank you so much for your responses. That was helpful. [...], that was helpful to know that you were able to dissolve it in water.  I remember somebody on a benzo buddies thread saying that they used a liquid with fat in it because... something about the fat helping with the dissolving or the absorption. ??? Sorry I can't remember exactly what they said. Do you think there is anything to that? Or do you think water is probably the best way to go?

Thanks again!

Grace

I've never heard about the fat thing. I used just plain water. I will add, I always had to take my Seroquel on an empty stomach or it didn't work.

Seroquel is moderately soluble in water.
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2006/020639s026lbl.pdf

Personally, I dissolved one 25mg tablet in 100ml of water. I kept the solution in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 days. It worked for me.

Have you tried dropping a tablet in water to see if your brand will disintegrate? I had one brand that did and one brand that didn't.

Also, as [...] said, just in case it didn't all dissolve, shake it up and down before you draw out your dose. I always did that.