Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 47607 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #600 on: June 13, 2022, 02:22:48 pm »
I'm on 25 mg of seroquel. It works very well for sleep.  My doctor wants me to come off Trazadone and go on another med for sleep. It acts a bit like Melatonin.  But, I can't take it with Trazadone.  I don't want to go cold turkey off Trazadone while I'm tapering off Klonopin. Yep...somehow my old doctor drugged me really well. I'm on so many sedating drugs. It's very tough to get going in the morning.  I feel so much fatigue during the day.

Wow, I just looked at your signature. Have you tried survivingantidepressants.org? You will find poly-drugging info over there. Maybe they can help you sort this out. I was in a similar situation once where the doc wanted me to jump off a low dose sleep med to change to another. I told the doctor I didn't want to change meds and then tapered without telling him. That's just me. Because you are on a lot of meds, I think you should ask someone more knowledgable than me about poly-drugging.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #601 on: June 14, 2022, 09:39:44 pm »
Hello,

Can you have interdose withdrawal from the regular seroquel  50mg for sleep?

Thanks
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2022, 02:14:42 am »
Hello,

Can you have interdose withdrawal from the regular seroquel  50mg for sleep?

Thanks

That's an interesting question. It is short-acting. At 50mg it is primarily an antihistamine. Are you experiencing symptoms in the morning?

[Buddie]

« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2022, 04:09:47 pm »
Yes. In the afternoon it gets worse and in the evening it gets terrible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #604 on: June 17, 2022, 09:45:31 pm »
Yes. In the afternoon it gets worse and in the evening it gets terrible.

And then it gets better when you take your dose? If so, that certainly sounds suspicious. :( I can't say that has happened to me (that I noticed).

[Buddie]

« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2022, 12:05:05 pm »
[...]

Thanks for giving me the link to the poly drug site.

Yep...I'm on way too many drugs.  So we are going to try to slowly wean me off some. 

I feel so drugged out all the time.  Just hung over tired.  I hate it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2022, 11:40:04 pm »
[...]

Thanks for giving me the link to the poly drug site.

Yep...I'm on way too many drugs.  So we are going to try to slowly wean me off some. 

I feel so drugged out all the time.  Just hung over tired.  I hate it.

Doctors do tend to think one more drug is the answer. ::)  I'm sure you'll feel better after you've tapered some of them.

[Buddie]

« Reply #607 on: June 23, 2022, 05:57:09 pm »
I'm so upset that I've allowed myself to get addicted to so many psych drugs! None of them have ever helped me.  They always think there is something new that can help.  Now I'm messed up more than ever.

[Buddie]

« Reply #608 on: June 23, 2022, 07:07:21 pm »
I'm so upset that I've allowed myself to get addicted to so many psych drugs! None of them have ever helped me.  They always think there is something new that can help.  Now I'm messed up more than ever.

Corgi, you are understandably upset, but you are not addicted unless you are abusing the drugs. If you are taking them as prescribed, you are a victim of over-prescribing by doctors.

I mentioned this booklet somewhere, not sure if it was on this thread. It is wonderful. Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs Just google it. It is free online. It's a fantastic resource, very validating and reassuring.

[Buddie]

« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:09 pm »
I will check out the booklet. No..I'm not abusing...just stuck on these stupid psych meds that my pill pushing psych doctors prescribed for me over the years.