Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 47606 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #580 on: May 24, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
I stayed at 150 last night. When I layed down last night my anxiety was in overdrive for some reason. Because of that I decided not to reduce again. It still helped me sleep but it wasnít as restful as last couple of nights. I think Iíll stay at 150 for a while.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #581 on: May 24, 2022, 05:40:37 pm »
Sounds like your finding your way. Seroquel reduction methodology is not the same as benzo tapering. I did tell you I cut out an entire dose (150) over 3 weeks with no significant affects. You have to listen to your body to either cut out a dose over a 3 week period, or reduce your dose by the 5-10% and wait at least 3 weeks to get the full effect.

Anytime you start feeling dope sick, I suggest putting the sero back. The wd does not feel the same as from benzo's, but it is horrible.

Later, I tried reducing by 10%, and it was horrible, I had to put it back.

I missed one of my 3 doses last night. No affect.

But, as i stressed, it usually takes 3 days for the brain to catch up with the reduction.

If I continue to sleep through dose 3 , I will gradually dump it as I did a year ago. Missing doses is an indication your body is ready to reduce.

However, I am on day 2 of a xanax cut, after being in a set back since September for surgery, drugs, all the stuff that creates a medicinal setback. However, yesterday I felt like my body was ready, and it went well. OK so far today as well.

So the xanax taper is my priority, but if my body is telling me to drop another sero dose , I will.

interesting drug. Different experience reducing it than a benzo.

Hope you do well with this cut!

-Dove
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #582 on: May 25, 2022, 06:59:08 pm »
Hey everyone,
I am currently taking 150mg of seroquel per night for sleep. Iím wondering how people taper off this drug when time comes. Do you cut your tablets, can you make a liquid? Im actually kinda of scared of going thru another withdrawal but I desperately need the sleep that this drug provides. I welcome all advise and tips on this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #583 on: May 25, 2022, 08:21:39 pm »
I used to take about 3mgs. of Seroquel at bedtime.  I used to take a 200mg tab and then cut that down with an Xacto knife into very tiny pieces to about 3mgs.  It was prescribed to me for my Lupus.  I just stopped taking it.  I had severe symptoms even taking those 3mgs at bedtime.  It made me drool and it also upset my stomach and gave me stomach cramps and it made me very forgetful too.  Are you having any symptoms from taking 150mgs of Seroquel?  That's quite alot. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #584 on: May 25, 2022, 09:13:50 pm »
Hi [...],
I am not having any other symptoms that I am aware of. Iím 6 months from a Xanax ct that has rocked my world. I have had severe insomnia and this is the only thing that helped. Iíve been taking 150mg. A night for a about a week and I think I will go down to 100 tonight and see how that works. I hate this drug merry go round and I fear that I will never get off of it. If only I could start sleeping on my own.

[Buddie]

« Reply #585 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:35 pm »
Try to keep seroquel as low as possible, even if your sleep isn't perfect.

Jumping from a benzo to land on an antipsy isn't a long term great deal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #586 on: May 26, 2022, 12:15:13 pm »
Hey everyone,
I am currently taking 150mg of seroquel per night for sleep. Iím wondering how people taper off this drug when time comes. Do you cut your tablets, can you make a liquid? Im actually kinda of scared of going thru another withdrawal but I desperately need the sleep that this drug provides. I welcome all advise and tips on this.

I use water. The tablet I use dissolves pretty easily. I give it a shake before I pull my dose just to be on the safe side. It's pretty easy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2022, 12:57:36 pm »
I take 25mg of serequel for sleep. I know my psych doctor is going to eventually wean me off this too. Are the withdrawal symptoms pretty bad?

[Buddie]

« Reply #588 on: June 08, 2022, 10:57:31 pm »
I take 25mg of serequel for sleep. I know my psych doctor is going to eventually wean me off this too. Are the withdrawal symptoms pretty bad?

How does seroquel make a person sleep?
Curious. Thank.you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #589 on: June 08, 2022, 10:58:21 pm »
I used to take Seroquel and it doesn't put you to sleep, it knocks you out.  It's an evil drug.