Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 46017 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2022, 05:35:08 pm »
Hello Together,

im searching for Support and encouragement. Im in a horrible SSRI Withdrawal and was given polydrugs including ativan, Valium and z drugs. I got it to get rid of them but i have a total insomnia.

I landed in psychward and they Put me on 150 mg Seroquel. It worked for 2 weeks, now im in total insomnia again.

I get Heart palpitations from Seroquel and i am like totally drunken after taking it. I want to get rid of but dont know how to get it.

Im not Sure if its wise to wait for stabilzing or Not because this never happened in a year... I Take it for 6 Months now....

Im glad for every Support 🙏💞
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2022, 07:12:33 pm »
Hello Together,

im searching for Support and encouragement. Im in a horrible SSRI Withdrawal and was given polydrugs including ativan, Valium and z drugs. I got it to get rid of them but i have a total insomnia.

I landed in psychward and they Put me on 150 mg Seroquel. It worked for 2 weeks, now im in total insomnia again.

I get Heart palpitations from Seroquel and i am like totally drunken after taking it. I want to get rid of but dont know how to get it.

Im not Sure if its wise to wait for stabilzing or Not because this never happened in a year... I Take it for 6 Months now....

Im glad for every Support 🙏💞

I'm sorry, this is a very complicated poly-drugging. I would only know that going higher on the Seroquel is not likely to help with sleep. The site Surviving Antidepressants deals with poly-drugging. Someone there may be of help.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2022, 09:43:28 pm »
[...],
I've been taking it off and on for about 18 months. Last year I stopped it completely in the month of May. And then went back here in there as needed. But, it's just making me so terribly sick I'm concerned about tapering it because I feel like I need it out of my system. This really is a catch-22! I'm so scared right now. I want to just stop taking it. I feel so terribly sick but I'm still in benzo recovery in that hasn't been going that well either. Not sure if this is affecting it. I suppose if I took half of one every other night or so I'm not sure how to taper because I've only been taking it three or four times in a week. And sometimes not even that. But it's really aggravating me. My doctor isn't much help because she told me I could take it as needed. And you can just stop taking it if you don't need it. Thank you for your reply!

[...]

I went from 150/200mg quetiapine to 5mg olanzapine cold turkey (medical advice). Then moved to 2.5mg and jumped.
First two 60 days were pretty hard but akathisia disappeared almost immediately. This gave me the strength to move on.

[Buddie]

« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2022, 08:11:52 pm »
Hey everybody, I think I finally found the right place to questions and support regarding seroquel. I took 1.5mg/day Xanax for about 8 weeks and quit cold turkey in the middle of November. That cold turkey completely eliminated my sleep. From November till just 3 days ago I struggled to get some sleep naturally but finally the insomnia won and I started taking 200mg/night of seroquel. I went from 2-3 hours per night to 6 and 7 hours over the last 3 nights. My brother took this for sleep after alcohol detox and was able to quit it ct with no problems. I hoping itís the same for me. Has anyone else regained there natural sleep while taking Seroquel? How do you know when itís time to taper off? Iím nervous about this drug but also feeling much better because the sleep. So far the only issue I have with it is I feel like Iím in a mini withdrawal every morning when I wake but it goes away as soon as I get out of bed and start moving.

[Buddie]

« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2022, 09:23:57 pm »
Hey everybody, I think I finally found the right place to questions and support regarding seroquel. I took 1.5mg/day Xanax for about 8 weeks and quit cold turkey in the middle of November. That cold turkey completely eliminated my sleep. From November till just 3 days ago I struggled to get some sleep naturally but finally the insomnia won and I started taking 200mg/night of seroquel. I went from 2-3 hours per night to 6 and 7 hours over the last 3 nights. My brother took this for sleep after alcohol detox and was able to quit it ct with no problems. I hoping itís the same for me. Has anyone else regained there natural sleep while taking Seroquel? How do you know when itís time to taper off? Iím nervous about this drug but also feeling much better because the sleep. So far the only issue I have with it is I feel like Iím in a mini withdrawal every morning when I wake but it goes away as soon as I get out of bed and start moving.

I waited until I felt better-than-horrible after my benzo taper to start my Seroquel taper. I agree that sleep is so important that taking the Q for awhile is probably worth it. 200mg seems kind of high for insomnia, though. I wouldn't take more than that. In fact, you may find you can get by on half of that. Maybe you could just try reducing it and see how that goes?

[Buddie]

« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2022, 10:29:54 pm »
I am including this massive study on tapering seroquel. The charts are very good.

https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/article/47/4/1116/6178746

As with all psychiatric meds, slow and low.

I take it 3 times during the night. A year ago I was taking 4 doses a night. I felt too drugged out. I removed one dose. I did it unconventionally. I took my 4Th dose, and skipped it two nights in a week, then 3 nights, then stopped the 4th dose.. Most unusually, I did not experience withdrawal. About a 3 week process. At my high  dose , the receptors that experienced wd were those above 300 mg.

Some guidelines propose doing just what I did, although I did not know it at the time. Skip a dose then wait as you gradually skip more. Not on the same night/day.

I am now at 3 doses, and parking my butt there until my xanax stabilizes, I got thrown into a medication a and surgical set back in September, which involved  surgery, opiates, and then antibiotics near the end, in February. I am only now getting hints of recovery from the setback.

A few notes for sero wd:

You may have an easy time, you may not, learn about the tapering guidelines, the wd effects and prepare yourself.

Most suggest tapering as one would a benzo, a gradual reduction over time.

At different doses, seroquel affects different parts of the brain. If you are at a "sleep" dose, that is usually under 100. That is the least difficult taper. Over 100, you hit other receptors, over 200 and 300 , each time you hit new receptors. Hence, as doses are lowered, the lack of seroquel hitting certain receptors will kick in (say over 300 mg) at 200, the receptors will undergo a different experience, and at 100, once again. You need to give it time. At each  "100" going below that number (for example, 150 to 100) certain receptors will experience wd. Wait it out. No matter how long it takes.  Once those receptors are healed, you can continue.

Also, most sites propose tapering down to a goal point, then holding for 3 weeks at least . The reason for this, is that seroquel often has a delayed reaction that hits at 3 weeks. There is an excellent chart of symptoms in this paper.

Symptoms:
https://academic.oup.com/view-large/figure/267393405/sbab017f0001.jpg

I fall in the serotonin category for my wd from sero more than any other.

From experience, benzo's do nothing to remedy the withdrawal manifestations of seroquel.

i will attempt as i continue my xanax taper, to at certain times (at least 6 months apart) reduce seroquel dosage. If I get slammed with wd sxs, I will reinstate.

Seroquel wd is very ugly, and and can be a nighmare for some of us. Waiting out the receptor healing is the key. The higher your 24 hour dose, the more are affected. And you must give those receptors time to heal. If you don't and jump from say  250 to 75, you will actually go through what feels like 2 distinct yet simultaneous withdraw experiences as different ones are affected the higher your dosage.

This is not like benzo withdrawal, where you gradually and fairly consistently cut.

You have to pause, and wait.

I hope this helps.
Peace Out
-Dove

[Buddie]

« Reply #576 on: May 23, 2022, 11:33:25 am »
Thanks for the info dove,
Last night I lowered my dose from 200mg to 150mg with no noticeable difference in my sleep. Tonight I will try it at 100 and see what happens. I see you started taking it in 2018 for sleep. Is it still working? Iím just curious if this drug eventually quits working. I hope I start sleeping naturally again before that happens.

[Buddie]

« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2022, 03:32:46 pm »
Thanks for the info dove,
Last night I lowered my dose from 200mg to 150mg with no noticeable difference in my sleep. Tonight I will try it at 100 and see what happens. I see you started taking it in 2018 for sleep. Is it still working? Iím just curious if this drug eventually quits working. I hope I start sleeping naturally again before that happens.

My Q has worked for sleep for as long as I have been on it (see signature).

[Buddie]

« Reply #578 on: May 23, 2022, 04:40:40 pm »
The sero has always worked.  In fact, at my dosage (500), it acts as a mood stabilizer, and calms down nighttime wd and anxiety. If it had not put so much weight on me, and other side affects, I would stay on it indefinitely. I am not going to get completely off until after I finish the xanax taper, because I need the sleep it provides. And, also the "break" it gives me at night.

I saw you cut, and had no effects. Remember, a seroquel reduction  takes 3 days to hit (usually.) I would hold at the 100 for a few days and see if you get any wd.

-Dove

[Buddie]

« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2022, 01:58:04 am »
The sero has always worked.  In fact, at my dosage (500), it acts as a mood stabilizer, and calms down nighttime wd and anxiety. If it had not put so much weight on me, and other side affects, I would stay on it indefinitely. I am not going to get completely off until after I finish the xanax taper, because I need the sleep it provides. And, also the "break" it gives me at night.

I saw you cut, and had no effects. Remember, a seroquel reduction  takes 3 days to hit (usually.) I would hold at the 100 for a few days and see if you get any wd.

-Dove

That's interesting, Dove. I'll remember that.