Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 32842 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #480 on: March 23, 2019, 10:22:03 pm »
Iím a bit worried reading this... though I know everyone is different so Iíll try not to give into that. Seroquel is not in my signature but I started it 4 months ago when I started my taper up again. I take 50mg at night to sleep. Since I started it Iíve been able to taper easier with less symptoms. Iím sleeping 12 hours a day but for the rate Iím tapering I feel like I should be much sicker. Iíve been taper awhile now and never have I been able to go this fast. I do notice the side effects. Gained 10 pounds fast! Drowsy during the day, crazy junk food cravings. This is nothing compared to my full waves when reducing. I just hope Iím not in for a rude awakening. I plan to try to taper the seroquel slowly after I drop Klonopin. I donít feel horrible.. I should feel worse.

I am concerned about this medication as well.  I have terrible sugar cravings with it -- it blocks dopamine, so it is no wonder why.
I do not consider this medication one that I will stay on long-term -- the side effects are too dangerous, but it takes the edge off the benzo w/d symptoms at present. It doesnīt do much, but it helps a bit.  I guess that is all I can ask for at this point.
Yes Iím hating the weight gain but will take it over extreme nausea with insomnia. I was willing for any help too. Iíve been doing this too long and I canít take it.

I understand completely.  <3
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2020, 02:02:12 am »
I'm going to go back and read all 49 pages after this reply. I'm going through the same thing right now, it's been mostly bad. I had been tapering from 350mg down to 200mg over the course of a few months, no withdrawals. Then from 200 to 0 within a couple weeks. Felt fine for a while then everything went downhill. At the same time, I was also tapering paxil and didn't think the seroquel would cause any w/d's because up to that point, there had been nothing. I went back on the paxil, same dose.

I've since read everywhere else (and here) that the real problems don't begin until you come off seroquel completely:

(Quote from [...])

"Hi BG, thanks :).  It get's fairly addictive after 100-125mg since it starting to hit a1 hard.  At 150 to 250 mg its hitting H1, a1 and a tiny bit of D2 which are the really addictive receptors.
This is one drug you really can't taper with a calendar because of that champagne fountain effect.  Getting past D2 is one stage and next a1 so people must set taper speed by how they feel and hold when needed.   As you turn off each receptor group the taper changes.  I think the a1 is the hardest part and I went extra slow from 100mg to 50mg.  The taper got easier at 35mg and I could go faster then (h1 phase)"

So after two weeks off the seroquel, the worst withdrawals..A lot of nausea, cold/hot chills with sweating and shivering, very bad insomnia, and I was really itchy for a few days but that went away. Neuropathy is another one too, the nerves in my hands hurt. The insomnia slowly got better, a new pattern developed: I was sleeping every two days for about 8 hours, but it was still rough. During this time I was losing weight due to the nausea, about 20lbs (from 190'ish to 173 last count).

Finally, five days ago, I caved and took 25mg and it was the best feeling ever. But it didn't last. I upped it to 50 and kept upping it, slowly, just to kill the withdrawals. The honeymoon lasted three days, maybe four. Last night though, it took a turn for the worst and the usual w/d's came back. Still slept. Today was really bad too, I took something like 150mg throughout the day and it didn't do much. I had to take 0.75 of klonopin just to relax a bit, but I know it's temporary.

The plan now is to go cold and see it all the way through. I don't know if I can, but I want to. Before, I was on my own. Sleeping on a couch with nothing. But my parents agreed to take me in and help me eat, keep company, keep busy, stuff like that. I don't know how long it's going to take but I'd like to post on here with notes and progress.

Why did I quit to begin with? High cholesterol, weight gain, restless leg syndrome. A few other things but, it was prescribed for sleep, 50mg and it kept increasing to 350.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:13:00 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2020, 07:12:58 pm »
Hello,
I was put on 100 mg. Seroquel at a Rehab facility when I was taken off Klonopin and Ambien and put on Librium.  All was a total mess and I ended up leaving on 12.5 mg Valium!  A tapering Prozac right now, but do not want to continue at such a high dose of Seroquel.  Suggestions for lower it at this point?  It has been six weeks.
Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #483 on: April 28, 2020, 08:45:15 pm »
Does anyone have suggestions for tapering Seroquel?
Thanks!

[Buddie]

Does Seroquel help with Valium taper?
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2020, 02:39:41 pm »
Yellow,
I not sure which to taper first.  I know Seroquel comes with potential side effects and would like to get rid of it as soon as possible, but would like to taper 10 mg valium and am wondering if I should wait until after that as I know my sleep will be affected. Was put on Seroquel strictly for sleep purposes.
Thank yo!

[Buddie]

« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2020, 05:19:58 pm »
From experience, seroquel tapering and withdraw is brutal. After a few tries, I knew I could not handle tapering the benzo and sero both. I decided to leave the sero alone, and just do the xanax. Once off, and reasonable sane (depending on how long post benzo it takes for me to stabilize,) I will do the seroquel.

Anticipating a difficult experience when that time comes. It may amp the sxs post cesation from the benzo. So, I have to go into it as prepared as possible.

-my thoughts on the sero vs other med taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2020, 09:10:56 pm »
From experience, seroquel tapering and withdraw is brutal. After a few tries, I knew I could not handle tapering the benzo and sero both. I decided to leave the sero alone, and just do the xanax. Once off, and reasonable sane (depending on how long post benzo it takes for me to stabilize,) I will do the seroquel.

Anticipating a difficult experience when that time comes. It may amp the sxs post cesation from the benzo. So, I have to go into it as prepared as possible.

-my thoughts on the sero vs other med taper.
Thank you for your reply.  I guess I will leave it through the Valium taper.

[Buddie]

« Reply #487 on: May 07, 2020, 08:53:52 pm »
Hello everybody.

I don't have the focus right now to read through 49 pages.

I've been falsely diagnosed by idiots of doctors when I was 16, I'm 34 now.

For 18 years I have been on Seroquel
For 15 years I have been on benzo's

Highest dose Seroquel: 800 mg. Current dosage: 100 mg XR
Highest dose benzodiazepines: 20 mg Lorazepam (200 mg Diazepam). Current Dose: 2.6 mg Diazepam.

My question is this:

Do you guys think my brain is permanently damaged from all these years of Seroquel? I read so many articles and according to those I'm basically (pardon my french) fucked.

(For those who live in Holland, there are Seroquel taperingstrips and in a few months there will be Seroquel XR taperingstrips. I myself am waiting for those, because you can't taper XR without switching to IR. Maybe they will ship internationally, you'll have to ask. I don't think they will make a problem out of that.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:39:20 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #488 on: May 08, 2020, 04:15:04 am »
Younger people have good regenerative abilities.  I'm sure you'll be fine.

[Buddie]

How do I get off Seroquel
« Reply #489 on: May 11, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »
Hello,
I was put on. Seroquel about 8 week ago at 50 mg. For sleep reasons.  I have read some nasty things about this drug and would like to taper off.  Any idea how go to about that?
Thank you,
[...]