Author Topic: Seroquel Support Group  (Read 32184 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Seroquel Support Group
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 11:20:22 pm »
Hi there:

Your sig says you are still on benzos. If this true? And did you taper the S while tapering your benzo? You did say that you are off benzos or in this just stuck in my idiot mind? Benzo brain, ya know. I know my pdoc would never agree to taper my S while still on my Valium. But I have read numerous times that the lower you get the better you sleep, like you said. So I will question my pdoc when I see him tomorrow. When he started me with a very low dose (25 mg) it did nothing for me. Neither did higher doses. I am wondering if I could just cut my dose in half it will help me sleep better. I do sleep pretty well but I often have night time wake ups and very vivid nightmares, and those scare me.

I go back to bed only to restart the same awful dream. I suspect I will have trouble with the S as I am still tapering my Valium, which hasn't gone well lately. I think I was dropping by too much and it has caught up with me. Sleep is the only issue I have but it's been 17 days since my last cut and I normally only feel the cut on days 3-6 and then back to baseline and sleep. 17 days is too long for me as it never lasted this long for me. In the meantime, I am in a holding pattern. I don't know what to do but I am already assuming my pdoc will tell me to keep holding my Valium and don't even think about my Seroquel. I know him so well so I shouldn't have to pay him his "child's rate" of only $200. He normally charges $300/hour. He never has 15 minute checkups. I'm assuming he will yell at me tomorrow because I cut more than he told me to and per usual, when I don't do what he say I run into trouble. I better get my ear plugs out. Cause he yells mean!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 11:20:34 pm »
Hi, Thread.

Rose, I'm glad you're so close to the end.

I am having unbearable neuropathy and I don't know why it has flared up like this. It had been improving and now I'm thrown back in. I take the little 25mg tablet for sleep. I have been cutting it but am wondering if I am so inaccurate that I am really yo-yoing on it. I think I'm down to 17mg, but I don't have much confidence in my scale or my measuring.

My benzo was originally prescribed for a severe sleep disorder. I habituated to it quickly and it did nothing for sleep any more. Switched doctors. New psych wanted me off the benzo and used the Seroquel so I could sleep. But I wake up so drugged and groggy and can barely function in the morning. Yet it gives me 5-6 hours of sleep. Before the meds, I was getting 0-2 hours and was in agony. So this is less agony, I guess. Except for the neuropathy.

Rose, Can you describe what yours is like? I am trying to figure out it it's the taper doing this or something else. My symptoms are so weird. They change from burning to piercing to scraping and wander all over my body.

I have had some help with how to do a water titration of an insoluble. It is possible, so I am going to try that if I can get my brain working. That will be a challenge! :wacko:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 11:26:52 pm »
which one is Rose?

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 02:34:42 am »
which one is Rose?

That's what I'm calling [...]. ;) That avatar does look like a rose, doesn't it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 02:43:07 am »
Note to self: Cry on the phone to young adult son who is always to busy to stop by that the pain is too much to be stuck home alone with and he will say he will come to visit you.

Anyone want to place [...] on whether or not he shows up? I'll bet a leftover bottle of expired Xanax liquid that he forgets.  >:D

(Mods, I'm kidding!!! Don't boot me out!)

[...] :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »
My guess, from having three brothers, is he would not visit you even if you were healthy..........men are like that ya know? I hope you prove me wrong. I didn't see anything from you to get booted. Me, yes. Several times. :idiot:

[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 02:46:30 pm »
Well, I think volunteering to give away my Xanax would be a little bit illegal if I were serious about it. ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 02:49:51 pm »
Well, I think volunteering to give away my Xanax would be a little bit illegal if I were serious about it. ;)

You're right. But I suspect this is a common occurrence. Even my so called friends who know I am tapering offer me Xanax. They are no longer my friends......... ::) I'll hang out with people who don't think benzos are good. If I can find them, that is.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 08:57:33 pm »

You're right. But I suspect this is a common occurrence. Even my so called friends who know I am tapering offer me Xanax. They are no longer my friends......... ::) I'll hang out with people who don't think benzos are good. If I can find them, that is.

Yes, that is quite a hard thing to find, isn't it? 

Had a disappointing visit with my doctor today who thinks my symptoms are psychosomatic. She seems to believe I need to be on all these meds because of stress and anxiety and my w/d symptoms need to be treated with therapy. She encouraged me to take more meds, not less. I guess I should be grateful that she writes the scripts so I don't need to worry about a forced rapid taper. But somehow, this sort of thing gets me down. Really wears on me. This journey would be so much easier if it weren't so lonely.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »
Hi [...]

No I am not on benzos. I am 15 months off benzos today.  :)  is the ticker I put on showing this. Hope so  ?

I was crossed ( badly ) over from Xanax to Valium in early 2015. I was in an awfully bad way at that time. After all the previous meds and ct from Cymbalta.  One drug after another. It really messes with a person's head , heart and soul doesn't it ?   ???

I did as best as I could with the Valium taper but I went on Seroquel as I just couldn't sleep.  So I have now tapered the Seroquel.

You may not have trouble with Seroquel [...]. None of these meds are easily tapered . I had pretty awful nightmares on Seroquel and as I got lower they started to ease up and my sleep became less broken .I stopped roaming to the kitchen for a snack or two.. Benzos for me were the beasts. The beast of all beasts.  Those doctors sure have a lot to answer for. I used to get sooooo angry in 2014 especially.  I stomped around raging at the world in my bedroom. I had to let this anger go or it would eat me up inside. I took control of my medications and my doctor knew I was aware and well capable . I read and understood my meds well enough at that stage so I was able to make informed decisions .

Please do not let your doctor yell at you [...].  They are there to help , one hopes . And it is for you so expensive so make sure he listens to you.  :smitten:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:04:43 pm by [Buddie] »