kevinmd.com: "The surprising reason behind an early refill of alprazolam"

[La...]

• 1 month later...
Being held hostage by a bottle of pills, like this woman, is the primary reason I am getting off lorazepam.  It's analogous to a heroin addict running out of syringes.  One's whole life revolves around that bottle.  Don't lose it, don't lose it...

Don't like how the doctor automatically thought she was an addict or might sell her drug... :tickedoff:  He doesn't seem to understand what these drugs do.  He needs to be educated on what his patients go through and how to help them taper off...ugh

It's too bad the story ended as a joke.  Would have been nice if he mentioned to the woman that if she is panicky about missing her highly addictive pills, then she needs to taper off- pronto. 

Comments are very interesting, better read that the article. Thanks. Xanax is spellbinding, insidious. Just say No.  Most people who insist it is so fantastic, blahblahblah, would never switch,etc. etc. have not tried to stop, and are likely candidates for the Accidental Addict Awards...Lifetime Awards...no less. The Sign Post Up Ahead...I'd Turn Back if I Were You. I'm writing a book, and I really enjoyed those comments, thanks again. I'm in a writers mode today. Bear with my posts today. Peace. Karuna (Xanax Nation; Living the Life of Illusion)