St John's Wort mixed with benzo?

[ra...]

Hi,

Does anyone know whether during the withdrawal is ok to take St John's Wort as support for depression?

My depression is very very bad so I asked my homeopathic doctor if is ok to mix them and he said that during this period of time while withdrawing from bezo is ok but not for long time.

The problem is that he advised me a very abruptly program of withdrawal and I have been experienced the worst and scary  symptoms ever, the I decided to go for a more wean tapper.

Does anyone had any experience with St John's Wort taken for depression? I have looked on internet and it says is not advised to mix the benzo with this supplement. I don't know who can I trust.

Please advise me!

Thanks

[7e...]
I have looked on internet and it says is not advised to mix the benzo with this supplement.

I think the answer is evident...I wouldn't try it.

JB

• 2 weeks later...

Any individual using a benzodiazepine and considering using St. John's Wort as a substitute or as a means of weaning themselves from the drug should do so only under supervision of a trained healthcare professional. Caution is especially indicated given the potential for the amentoflavone component of Hypericum to inhibit the action of the benzodiazepine.

In a study of healthy volunteers, administration of St. John's wort along with alprazolam decreased blood levels of alprazolam, compared with the levels when alprazolam was taken by itself.3 Individuals taking alprazolam should not take St. John's wort without supervision by a doctor.