My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!

[Su...]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Su...]

• [no...]

• [ea...]

• [So...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's wonderful to know that you made it! In the UK doctors don't really know what are they doing..I got in this message because of a GP and a psychiatrist. I am very happy you are through and wishing all the best, very happy life!

• 2 weeks later...

Susie thank you for giving me hope. Some days I think this is as good as it is going to get. I'm off of clonazepam and Ambien, what more could I want.

The answer is healed.

I'm still on the roller coaster of symptoms. It's been a crazy ride.  :crazy:

Enjoy every day of the rest of you life. You deserve the very best! :smitten:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Mine is similar. If only we had known...but we didn't.

I hope that now you are feeling fine and recovered from this mess.

east

This is interesting story. I have long wished that I was on a AD through this process. I've considered reinstating and going on a AD and after 4-5 months of being stable then slowly tapering off the right way. The other side of me feels like I'm 3 months clean and maybe I should just keep going but it is very hard 

You are an inspiration. It goes to show that recovery is possible, regardless of length of use. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow, thanks for the bump, nova! This is amazing! Another long term user here...

I wish the OP would've gone into a bit more detail about how well she fared after her taper. It's pretty unheard of that she had no symptoms during taper. Wow! Most of us are not so lucky.

• 1 year later...
Susie was lucky she came off meds years ago wouldn’t been treated so sympathetically now. Diazapam now a class C drug and they won’t give it to you. I was forced to go CT off zopiclone after 12 years by new GP. Showed her recommendations that you swap to diazapam and do slow taper. Refused give me any said I would be fine as was only taking equivalent of about 1 and 3/4 tablets week. Absolute crap , 43 months later after taking tiny doses still not recovered, Good Susie was treated a few years ago, when GP’s listened more to patients and actually tried to help. Glad you had better ride than me in trying to get help with withdrawal Susie.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi. Wonderful story. I’m on remeron also after cold turkey of 10 mg Valium withdrawal. Can you tell me how you got off the remeron?  Thank you

• 2 months later...