Author Topic: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!  (Read 20123 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2018, 05:28:17 am »
*bump*
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2018, 10:20:10 pm »
I was so thrilled to find your story and recovery successful,  I have been on the Benzo train/ rollarcoaster ride about 37 years. In my 2nd time tapering. Last time was 5 years ago, I'll spare you those  horrible details attempting to come off Ativan/ Effexor/Wellbutrin ALL at once on my own. Bad decision to say the least. Lost 95lbs in 3 mo. Developed Chemical Sensitivities. That's it for the details..... you all know enough horror with these 'DevilDrugs' as I refer to them. Was on put on Gabapentin  then Klonopin for past 2 years. Am following The Ashton Manual method this time under my Psychiatrist supervision. It was hard to convince him to switch me to Diazepam but he has finally cooperated. He wanted to know what made the Ashton method an world renowned authority????? Aaaaaa.... That's all they did was get people off of Benzo's. Respectfully, I said to him, YOU being a Professor of Psychiatry at a University train your students how to put people on this killer drug. If YOU and your Students had to take these drugs and then attempt to get off of them, then your profession wouldn't be so [...] to prescribe them.  I guess he thought about it, more and one day I went in and brought up the subject of tapering with the Ashton method  AGAIN and without hesitation he wrote the script to bridge over from Clonazepam to diazepam, and is 100% behind my decision, only suggesting I taper smaller amounts at each cut as I am so highly sensitive to everything! My problem is after having Gastric bypass surgery 16 years ago, don't know what to eat, I developed so many gut issues after last attempt, SIBO, leaky gut, adrenals barely functioning, candida in esophagus  ect. Now I read suppliments are not recommended in withdrawal from Benzodiazepines. I'm so thrilled you have succeeded. I wish you continued success, and that normal (whatever that is for any of us is🤔) will come. The best to you.👍🏻
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2018, 10:08:58 pm »
Susie, your story and mine are similar. I took benzos for 30 years and was forced to go cold tuyrkey in 2012. I hold no anger over this. I know now it was my only chance at being benzo free. I was THAT addicted.
The true miracle is that both of us healed after using benzos for far too long. That should give many people here hope. BWD may be awful but getting through iut may prove to be the best thing you ever did. Do NOT give up.
[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2019, 12:54:30 am »
Very inspiring. I am now on equvilent of 60 mg of Valium or 3 mg of Klonopin. I as up to 6 mg Klonopin. I did a 7 day taper in rehab. I was told Mirtazapine wasnít a good choice. Looking back I may have madeit had I stayed on it. I went back on after 9 mos. It was just too much. Iím back on Mertazapine and going to start the Ashton Manuel. How many mg of Diazepam did you have to taper at the end and for what period of time did you taper? Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 09:41:10 am »
*bump*

[Buddie]

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:07 pm »
Susie,  thanks for a great success story.  You're a true survivor and inspiration.

[Buddie]

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2019, 03:01:38 am »
Congratulations on your recovery  :) 

[Buddie]

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2019, 08:01:03 am »
*BUMP*

[Buddie]

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2019, 10:45:35 pm »
It's wonderful to know that you made it! In the UK doctors don't really know what are they doing..I got in this message because of a GP and a psychiatrist. I am very happy you are through and wishing all the best, very happy life!

[Buddie]

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2019, 02:54:33 pm »
Susie thank you for giving me hope. Some days I think this is as good as it is going to get. I'm off of clonazepam and Ambien, what more could I want.
The answer is healed.
I'm still on the roller coaster of symptoms. It's been a crazy ride.  :crazy:
Enjoy every day of the rest of you life. You deserve the very best! :smitten: