Author Topic: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!  (Read 20122 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 02:37:48 pm »
Wow, congratulations!  I've been on them decades, too, and thing is mirtazapine threw me into this mess.  Was ok before.

Don't sleep, vibrate, don't know what to do.
They don't make housecalls here.

I'm impressed you did get off.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2018, 08:55:49 am »
*bumping for long term users*
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2018, 02:58:44 pm »
Lovely story SUSIE and it gives me hope as I start on my recovery,I was first given this pill by a doctor in Birmingham it was the cure for panic hangovers and any other bad[...] I had,never knew the dangers until it was too late and I didnít know,having made several attempts to stop I am now clean for a month and starting to pick up a little bit each day with all you people in B.B. I feel positive that I can make it this time; before I found B.B. I was convinced there was no hope for me,thanks for sharing some hope susie :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2018, 07:47:01 pm »
great success  how long did stay on mirtazapine and what dose. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 06:05:39 pm »
Thank you for sharing!!! I am almost half-way thru and have been on klonipin for more than half my life. I keep wondering what is wrong with me and try to remind myself its the benzos, Can't wait to get to the other side. Thank you so much for sharing  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 09:49:51 pm »
Susie,
Hello. My name is [...] ([...]). I took benzos for 30 years and went cold turkey.
I read your intro post here and felt awful for you. You were led astray and you suffered from it. You didnt mention any medical problems that might have occurred  due to benzo use. Please read a bit of my Success Story. It might be a bit surprising to you.

I am glad you have survived. I applaud you for this!
[...] ([...])

[Buddie]

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2018, 02:06:29 am »
I read this story over and over to give me hope.  Thank you so so much for coming back and sharing.  You don't know how much it means to those of us with long tapers ahead.  I just added Mirtazapine about 10 days ago....not for sleep, but for the intense anxiety and dizziness.  I had a wonderful couple of days when I first started and then I had to cut some klonopin (less than 10% over a month) and the last few days have been difficult to say the least.

Can you share how long it took you to taper from the Valium this last time?

Thank you and God Bless!

[Buddie]

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2018, 05:50:09 pm »
great  job  on success

how long did take  mert.  and when did you know it was time quit taking it  ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2018, 05:27:58 am »
Great job
At what point did you taper the ad? Are you off

[Buddie]

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2018, 10:28:01 pm »
So inspirational!  Your story gives me hope!  Thank you for sharing! :)