Author Topic: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!  (Read 19968 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »
Hi Susie: Your story is so inspirational and always ceases to amaze your journey to freedom. I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, I assume you also had to wean off the Mirtazapine, correct? Was it hard to come off it? How do you handle sleep and depression now? I ask because I am going through a rough spot in my tapering right now with depression and insomnia. I have never taken antidepressants in my life, and I hope I won't have to resort to one; but at this point, I wonder if it would be beneficial. I have taken Ativan for 18 months only, but still coming off of it's kicking my butt. This is my second attempt.
Wish you continue healing. You are a true warrior and give us so much hope!

I didn't have any problems coming off Mirtazepine and have had no sleep problems since then.

Wishing you all the best.

Susie
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2017, 02:52:07 am »
Dear Susie, I feel so happy reading your story, Thank you for sharing it with us because it truly has helped me tonight. I too am on the Mirtz/Remeron at 3.75mg and for me I feel it has helped me to get through this horrible w/d. I have worried a little as to how hard it will be to get off from but after reading your story I feel encouraged that once I am passed this benzo w/d I'll be able to get off of it. Thank you for this testimony of your healing. We all need to hear encouragement. Perfect timing for me, thanks so much!!

Love [...] :smitten: :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2017, 06:22:54 am »
Dear Susie, I feel so happy reading your story, Thank you for sharing it with us because it truly has helped me tonight. I too am on the Mirtz/Remeron at 3.75mg and for me I feel it has helped me to get through this horrible w/d. I have worried a little as to how hard it will be to get off from but after reading your story I feel encouraged that once I am passed this benzo w/d I'll be able to get off of it. Thank you for this testimony of your healing. We all need to hear encouragement. Perfect timing for me, thanks so much!!

When the time comes wait until you have no withdrawal symptoms from the benzodiazepine withdrawal, then it's ok to stop the Mirtazepine.  At 3.75mg there should be no problem IMHO.

Susie

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 01:37:25 am »
Wow wow wow! 
What an amazing thing this is after 50 years you are free from Benzos.
I've gotten off once before, but since being on it again for 6 years, I worry that I will keep going on because of the very scary symptoms.
Thank you for writing this and giving a person hope!

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 06:19:50 pm »

When the time comes wait until you have no withdrawal symptoms from the benzodiazepine withdrawal, then it's ok to stop the Mirtazepine.  At 3.75mg there should be no problem IMHO.

Susie

Thanks a lot, Susie. This information is very useful. Did you use supplements for sleeping or never needed them?

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »

Susie

Thanks a lot, Susie. This information is very useful. Did you use supplements for sleeping or never needed them?

No, I didn't take any supplements at all.

Susie

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »
Hi Susie.  Amazing story.  Thank you for posting!  I was wondering how long it took you to successfully and uneventfully come of the 15 mgs of diazepam and what was your taper method/schedule if you don't mind sharing.  I am recovering from a rough spell which hit a while back and holding until I feel confident enough to resume. So happy for you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2017, 03:34:30 am »
Congratulations and thank you.

I am happy that there is more support for you in England than we have in the States

Blessings,

Tommy

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2017, 03:18:27 pm »
Thanks for sharing your story, I needed a boost today. I have been on benzos for 33 years now and doing a really slow taper off of Ativan. Your story gave me hope.

Thanks again and God bless you,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 02:05:56 am »
Congratulations, [...]! I'm so glad for you! I couldn't imagine living your life - you know, 50 years on benzo, daily 75 diazepam (roughly equals 5 mg xanax), 5 stones, etc. And the fact that you were given these horrible drugs only to be told recently that those poison had to be avoided, convinces me further that no matter what, our future generations must NOT take these drugs anymore. Let all the healthy eating habits, lifestyle etc. be the best MEDICINE EVER, just like what I've learned, proved and experienced myself. There are too many innocent victims already. It is enough that we were the ones. Nobody should go through this anymore. We've got to do our best to educate.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:43:20 am by [Buddie] »