Author Topic: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!  (Read 19945 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Story: 50 Years on Benzos - Now FREE!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »
Hi again Susie  :hug: I have Another  question you said  in your story '' I always had to go back on them because I was so ill, so I would stabilise'' how long did it take you to stabilise? And was it a different amount of time or the same amount of time to stabilise each time you went back  on the Diazepam?  And did all you symptoms stabilise eventually ? Thanks  :)

Love [...] xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I didn't have any problems with stabilising to be honest and it only took a few days each time to feel well again.  Finding the right dose is key IMO.  I always updosed to 1mg above the dose I was taking  before I started a withdrawal.  I took this dose for one week and if I didn't feel well in that time I added another 1mg and so on until I did.  I was lucky in that I didn't have to go any higher than 2mg above the original dose on any occasion.  My problems were mainly the state I let myself get into in withdrawal because of the terror aspect of it messing with my mind (so I became terrified to swallow another one) but once I had got to the level of "you have a choice, either die or take them" somehow I decided to live was the better option.  When I rationalise it now I realise somewhere along the line we have a breaking point and once reached a decision has to be taken and we therefore make it in good faith.   :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 07:21:37 pm »
I was led to your story by another poster...OMG, you are a true inspiration and role model for persevering and making it through hell!!!
BLESS YOU!!!

Thank you dear [...] -- all the very best to you  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 08:49:47 pm »
Wow wow Susie!!
I've been reading you're story several times now, so very impressed by You 💕👏
You are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you! I will read this again  :)
Wishing you all the very best in you're benzo free life  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:00 pm »
Wow wow Susie!!
I've been reading you're story several times now, so very impressed by You 💕👏
You are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you! I will read this again  :)
Wishing you all the very best in you're benzo free life  :smitten:

Thank you [...] that's very kind of you  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 10:04:07 pm »
Susie just read your story! Wow! Absolutely awesome and inspiring!!  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 10:16:18 pm »
Susie just read your story! Wow! Absolutely awesome and inspiring!!  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Thank you -- if it inspires to help someone I will be happy  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 01:42:31 pm »
Hi Susie: I reread your story again, but this time I noticed 'Parker's Post' which I read for the first time. Also a very inspiring and informative post. Thanks for posting. I wonder if she is still active, how can I find her?
I am glad that you are okay, that you made it, and it gives us all so much hope http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/Smileys/standard/smitten.gif

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 02:26:52 pm »
Hi Susie: I reread your story again, but this time I noticed 'Parker's Post' which I read for the first time. Also a very inspiring and informative post. Thanks for posting. I wonder if she is still active, how can I find her?
I am glad that you are okay, that you made it, and it gives us all so much hope http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/Smileys/standard/smitten.gif

Yes, she still comes on here occasionally.  If you send her a PM when she checks in she usually answers to my knowledge.  I put the link on my Profile because I feel her posts are excellent!  Click on Members at the top of your Profile, then type in Parker and all her posts will be shown.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »
Amazing story and heartbreaking at the same time.
How did you survive? Did you have family close by or did you live alone? You must of had horrid sxs!  When you would end up going back on, was it Ativan or Valium?

I have so many questions popping into my head. I have been on benzos for 30 years, Xanax but recently placed on K and wanting desperately to get of. I thought because I am now 57 years old, it would be extremely difficult but you have given me hope. I will talk to my Nurse Practitioner about Mirtazipine/ Remeron as sleep has more recently become an issue for me.

Thank you so much for posting this! I wish I could somehow bookmark it for inspiration.
Wishing you a wonderful life of freedom !!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »
Dear Susie, thank you so much for taking the time to share your story.  It will be 2 years for me in June. I've not shared my story yet (just to horrifying).

Don't you wish we had Google back in the day?!!! Anyway Heart Felt Wishes To You :smitten: