cylinders

[70...]

Where is the best place to get a good cylinder but not too expensive?

thanks,

Mamie

I ordered mine from sciencestuff.com  I bought a glass 100ml and a plastic one in case the glass one broke, which it did.  ;D

[70...]

HI Ann,

Are you talking about my cut going into 1mg?  Make that one easier instead of just dropping the 0.125 entirely and that would be moving into 1 mg????

thanks,

Mamie

[70...]

Yes, I am getting ready to cut the whole .125 to make it to 1 mg. 

So I will try what you said.  But you are saying to do that, and then take the seven capsules.  I would be cutting the .125 to make it to 1 mg.  So after that I should take 8 capsules which is 1 mg.  Am I misunderstanding something?

[70...]

OK.  Very good. 

I just tried the first suggestion and emptied the capsule into water.  Barely had to stir but I did, then refilled it and drank again as to get the residue.  Now I know it dissolves pretty easily.  Tomorrow is my cut.  I am going to try the suggestion until I get my cylinder. 

Thanks much.  ;D

Mamie

[70...]

Hi,

to do it this way until I get my cylinder, in a measuring cup I am going to fill it up to 8 oz.  with all the .125 in the cup.  So how much do I pour out?  I'm starting today.  but it won't be till this evening if anyone reads this.  Sorry, but it's confusing.

thanks,

Mamie

[70...]

Thanks much Ann. 

I have been cutting every two weeks.  so by the 15th or so, I am going to be on 1mg.  So by the 30th is when I should start the titration. 

I would think.  Sound right?

Thanks again,

Mamie

[70...]

Hi Ann,

Actually I'm ok with making cuts.  I posted that doing this slow is too much for me, however I know I have to do it slow.  I guess I'm confused.  I thought  that when I get to 1 mg I had to hold for two more weeks there.  and then begin titration.  Let my body get used to the 1 mg.  But being as I am going to be titrating, I don't do it like that?  When i get to 1 mg, I should start titrating.  I know this is confusing for me.  I know I am going to be titrating off the 1/8 starting today, is this where it starts?

Thanks. 

ok cap, we will start you using the titration , when you hit the 1mg, mark, since you are now at 1and 1/8th, you will hit the 1mg mark shortly.

You will need to get /order a good 100ml grad cylinder,  google it up and you will find a place to order it.  Then go to drug store and buy 10 ml graduated syringe.  I think they actually sell them in 10 packs.  I used a pipette which I got from work, but either works.

Last , but not necessary is a pestle and mortar to crush the pills.  Not necessary if you don't want to purchase ,since 2 spoons work ok too.  I was using a tablespoon and a teespoon to crush. 

ok here is the proceedure.  its really very easy.

Take 2 of your .5 mg pills and crush them to fine powder,  ( do this over a sheet of white paper, since sometimes the little chunks like to jump out of spoon, so the paper catches them for you to put back)

Step 2  Measure out either water or milk ( whole milk) into your 100 ml beaker.

pour this into a cup and add the crushed pills to the cup and stir well.  ( note I use the cup cause its much easier to mix well in large mouth cup than in the cylinder)

now if you wish to start with lets say 10 percent over 10 days, you would simply measure 99 ml  back into grad cylinder and throw away the 1ml night 0ne..... night 2 do your mixing  then pour 98 ml back into cradcylinder , and throw away the reamining 2 ml.  continue this throwing away an additional 1 ml each night for 10 days and you will be reducing by 10% every 10 days. 

This is very easy to change if you wish to go faster or slower just throw away less  like 1ml for 2 days , then 2 mls for 2 days etc, and you will then reduce by 5% every 10 days. 

Cap, it is a very easy process once you have done it a couple of times. 

If this seems confusing just ask  for clarification , and will be glad to adjust.

For me I used milk to start, cause it is supposed to suspend the particles better.  I then switched to water, cause I could then see the particles suspended in the water and see what I was actually throwing away.  If you do use water , you have to mix and measure quickly , since the particles will settle out quicker in the water.

good luck, and lets see how this goes for you

st.

[70...]

I just called the pharmacy and asked them if I had refills on my 1 mg. tablets and I do.  There are 180 pills in each refill.  This is from the first doctor that did not want to work with me.  And then I went to another doctor and asked her to compound for me.  So this is what I have.  I am titrating from the 1/8 (started yesterday) like you suggested Ann.  This may be all in my head, but I can FEEL this.  I'm shakey, and feel overstimulated for some reason.  It could be something else.  I don't know.  Shakey as in internal.  Getting off that first mg. and then some was really not THAT hard.  Yes, i had bad days, and LOTS of depression, TENSE, but that seems to come and go. 

Anyway, that's my story for when I have to do this.  What to use?  Thanks st. 

Thanks Ann.

Mamie :oXo:

Mammie, sorry, in our chat last night ,I never did pick up you were using .125 ml capsules.  In fact I did not know you could get clono in that small an amount., then I read your posts and see you had a compounding pharmacy set them up for you.  cool....

Most have either the 1mg. pill or the .5 mg. pill.  If you are taking the .125 mg. capsules I assume you are taking 9 of them now to get to the  1.125 mg. per day mark. 

The titration would still work with these you just would have to take  8 capsules and add to the 100 ml. if you choose to try titration. once you hit the 1mg mark...

All in all, many find they can reduce by .125 mg. every week or two, so you may not even need to consider titration. 

Titration is just another way to reduce gradually , but since you have .125 mg. capsules, which is not an option to most here, since they do not have access to a compounding pharmacy,  you can use those and reduce slowly that way also.

If .125 is too severe;, ( which is 12.5% per week if you drop 1 capsule per week from your total)  , then split one of the capsules in half and take  1/2  one night, and the other 1/2 the next night, then you will be reducing by 6.25% per week, which is a very reasonable schedule.

There are many options available to you , but which way works the best is kinda trial and error.  Let me stress that everyone goes thru this process in a slightly different manner.  Many here will have the same symptoms you are having , many won't.  Those that don't have symptoms like yours will have different ones... For me most were psychological ( depression, anxiety, loss of appetite  lack of motivation) not physical like nausea, cramps, tinnitus sweating, muscle weakness etc..... 

This drug is very unpredictable.  Some of us get more symptoms on the way down, or they change, like you may have no appetite to start , then you get that back , but you get horrible adrenaline rushes, or some other symptom to replace the one  that goes away....

Point you have to keep in mind, is they are just symptoms, and you  will need to learn to accept them.  I know that is tough, but our goal is to get you off this drug.  To do that you will need to determine what level of symptoms you can bear, and reduce at the speed that keeps them there. 

For me, I was  a mess when I tried .25 mg. per week.  I had to stabilize, then reduce at 10% per week.  I found this to work great for me and as I went down, I actually felt better.  There is no guarantee of this, you could feel  worse as you go down, thats why the speed with which you reduce is your most important factor. 

On the bad days ,Mamie , just remember that  staying on this drug is really not an option, and  in the long run would only drag out your suffering.

Just take it slow, and ask questions.  You will find many here who will tell you that they experienced exactly what your going thru , and  just kept plugging away one day at a time.  Everyone here is your friend, and wants to see you get thru this, so your not alone.... :thumbsup:

st

[70...]

hi st,

Thank you so much.  I don't have a whole lot of the compounded left.  I really want to use titration starting at 1 mg.  I could get more compounded but $$$$$ and I have the rx of the pills at the pharmacy.  I really would like to stay right at 10% no higher than that the whole time of titration.  Is that doable?  There are 120 pills in the RX for a month.  I wrote the number of pills wrong on last post.  So that is 240 pills for this?  Hey I added.  :laugh:  I wonder if that would get me through that.  If not I'm sure I could get more. 

Thanks again.  Oh I am titrating the 1/8 right now. to bring me down to the 1 mg.  I am just putting in in 8 oz of water and removing two oz, then 4 then 6 and then I will start at my 1 mg. 

The kindergarten girl,

Mamie

[70...]

ok..  I know what I think i want to do.  I wanted to tell you I have some serious adrenal issues, and that is why I want to take this slow.  And of course to minimize withdrawl as much as possible.  But I still have time because I am going to titrate the 1/8 and then stay on 1 mg for two weeks.  Then I want to cut by 10% the whole way.  Can this be figured out?  Maybe putting the cart before the horse as I have time, but I want to be able to understand it, and be ready.  I'm glad I have made up my mind though.  I think  LOL.

Thanks much,

Mamie

cap, you can go as slow as you like, no problem.  I just need to know if you want to do 10% per week, or 10% every 10 days.  If you want to do 10% per 10 days, that is very easy . Just make up the solution per the previous post instructions,  ( you need to get 1mg of clono into 100ml of water or milk.  you can use any combination of pill size you want to get there , like 8 - .125mg. pills or 2 - .5mg, pills or 1-1mg pill)

Then for the 10% per 10 days, just keep adding 1ml to your throw out each day.  so again it looks like this.  day one throwaway 1ml.  drink 99ml.  day 2 throw away 2ml. drink 98 ml.  etc. etc. 

Now if you want to do 10% per week.  then everyother day or so you will need to throw away 2ml.    any combination you want just so that it adds up to throwing away 10mls. in 7days. 

Hope this is clear to you.  if not let me know what it is you are having problems understanding.

St.